The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! Cannot go!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! Cannot go!

Post by ladislav »

All foreigners from CoVID19 countries including the US and Canada are banned from entering the country ( except if resident).

Manila is on a 30 day lock-down.

Wanted to fly on the 21st. Cannot now.

The PH is now off limits to Americans who do not have PR there.

This is a nightmare.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cases-jump
Last edited by ladislav on October 19th, 2020, 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! 30 days. Cannot go!

Post by Taco »

All ferry and air travel has been stopped.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Which countries are on the CoVID19 list? Where can i see the list? What about americans who live abroad? What about taiwan? I got a taiwanese passport too. Can i use it to enter PH?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Where are you now? I think you should stay in Taiwan. It's the safest place to be this year.

I believed hot countries were less affected but the weekend's data is proving me wrong. Thailand's infection rate is up 50% in a day - that's worse than the UK. The Phillies will be f***ed if it sweeps through the slums. Thailand is now closing all bars and fun places and you'll get killed by hungry dogs or monkeys.

Do not go abroad because it's no longer possible to buy travel insurance to cover the virus, and it may not be possible to buy it at all. If you get covid in Thailand and have to be hospitalised you're looking at a $25,000 bill!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some health alerts and updates from the US embassy website in Manila:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/news-events/

https://ph.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u ... h-14-2020/

Countries that are banned from flying to the Philippines, except for Filipino citizens and residents.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/254274-p ... -countries

I guess the US is on the list of banned countries from Manila. But what if I'm a US citizen that is in Taiwan now? Would that affect me if I fly from Taiwan? I tried to google this question but cannot find any answers. Anyone know?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I guess maybe I can go to Philippines if I want. The travel ban on Taiwan has been lifted. See below.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeas ... travel-ban

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN20813W

But who knows. Things keep changing constantly.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Cebu to close borders for 30 days vs COVID-19 threat
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/16/20/ ... -19-threat

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I think SE Asia will be a no go area for a while now. Not so much because of the virus but because of mass unemployment and civil unrest.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

If it can be of any consolation, it's a nightmare even for those foreigners who are locked in. I have been meaning to go back to Italy to see my family, who lives in one of the badly-hit regions of the north. These resort bastards won't let me go with the excuse that the ban could be lifted any time before April 14, despite clear government order that the ban will remain in place at least until April 14.

The silver lining (?) so to speak is that I am one of the 5 chefs who have been selected to do some "world class" training to culinary school kids here in Manila, and we get paid for it.

And of course I still have 2 or the 3 girls available for my sexcapades :D
ladislav wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 3:40 pm
All foreigners from CoVID19 countries including the US and Canada are banned from entering the country ( except if resident).

Manila is on a 30 day lock-down.

Wanted to fly on the 21st. Cannot now.

The PH is now off limits to Americans who do not have PR there.

This is a nightmare.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cases-jump
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

hypermak wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 8:27 am
If it can be of any consolation, it's a nightmare even for those foreigners who are locked in...
It's at this moment the situation in many parts of Asia. No way to go back to your own country....

I was lucky, I, my wife and a friend from Europe, we met in Thailand where is my second home.
My wife had to go back to Japan earlier, my friend also left for Europe beginning of March, but I still had my booking one week later.

I barely managed to get out and back to Japan from Bangkok, after my flight was changed two times.

It's much worse now. The best you can do is possible to stay where you are and to wait it out but this could take several weeks. I hope in May it will slowly be back to normal.

Without a flight back to Japan I would have just continued to stay in my second home in Pattaya - and wait.
Not bad for me, because I am retired, no obligation and it's anyway isolation in my own comfortable rooms in Thailand.

But others, as far as I read in the news are not so lucky.

There is not much you can do about the present situation, just stay away from other people... and wait - what else can you do?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak,
Weren't you given a warning before the lockdown? I thought they warned you about it first to give foreigners time to leave the country?

Some parts of the Philippines are completely blockaded, like Dianne's village near Angeles. No one is allowed in or out, even to visit, no matter what the emergency. Way too extreme and brutal. They are being treated like prisoners there. Someone should inform the ACLU or Amnesty Internation. Dianne just returned from Taiwan while visiting me and now she can't even see her family at all. Really ridiculous. Apparently the mayor and barangay there are super paranoid and so are all the townspeople. Filipinos are the easiest to dupe since they believe everything they hear. A New Ager would simply choose not to let this virus into his or her "reality". lol. But Asians never think that way, except for me of course. lol

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

it's a huge scam...

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isnt the Philippines lockdown gonna end on April 14? Or will it be extended?

I heard many are protesting now because they need to make money for their families. And duterte is being a dick and having protestors shot. Thats ridiculous. Doesnt duterte care about karma or divine judgment?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Isnt the Philippines lockdown gonna end on April 14? Or will it be extended?

I heard many are protesting now because they need to make money for their families. And duterte is being a dick and having protestors shot. Thats ridiculous. Doesnt duterte care about karma or divine judgment?
The lockdown has been extended until the end of the month. Considering how far behind other nations the Philippines are, on the contagion curve, I think it's highly unlikely the lockdown will be completely lifted in May. It might take another month or two.

You are absolutely right on the tragedy of so many vendors who make their livelihood on the streets and have been left without the little money they had to buy rice for their family. I heard Duterte is unleashing a tsunami of money, 56 billion Pesos I read. Obviously how fast this subsidies will trickle down the small business owners and the general population, and how much will instead go to the fat pockets of the national/local politicians, it remains to be seen...

I am actually starting to feel nervous about all this. The area where I live/work (Pasay) is packed with Chinese national and I have already seen 3 episodes of altercation between Chinese and Filipinos. Couldn't understand what they were saying but people around told me they all started because the Filipinos were accusing the Chinese of being "dirty" or "disease carriers".
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why is the lockdown extended again? Why dont people rebel or start a revolution? Do they even open anything at least? Or change the restrictions? Why cant u even get haircut or go hardware store? Those are essentials too. Didnt someone tell that fascist faggot duterte? Why is god allowing all this to happen? Why doesnt he do something?

Is anything open in the Philippines? Why dont they open the barber and hardware stores at least? Those are essentials too. What if houses need repair? Why cant they allow repairmen to work?

What does duterte get out of this? Whats he gain if everyone hates him? Isnt he afraid of being ousted in the next election? Or assassinated?

Why would duterte and the world comply with the NWO? Did all elites plan this together? So adama/neo was right then? Millions can be in on a conspiracy?

Why doesnt parliament do anything?