The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! Cannot go!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! 30 days. Cannot go!

Post by Winston »

Duterte orders lockdown protestors to be shot dead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www3.nhk.o ... 0/amp.html

Doesnt duterte know anything about karma? Doesnt he know this means that he will be shot dead too someday?

They should make high IQ tests mandatory for politicians. Then stubborn dummies like duterte would be weeded out. It would solve a lot of problems and drawbacks too that democracy comes with.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is the Philippines lockdown gonna be over on May 15? If so, does that mean everything is going back to normal? Or only a few things? Will there still be martial law? Can foreigners fly in yet? If so, will you be quarantined if you fly into the Philippines?

Btw, pollution is said to make coronavirus worse. Maybe that's why the PH has it worse?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... s-covid-19
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Is the Philippines lockdown gonna be over on May 15? If so, does that mean everything is going back to normal? Or only a few things? Will there still be martial law? Can foreigners fly in yet? If so, will you be quarantined if you fly into the Philippines?

Btw, pollution is said to make coronavirus worse. Maybe that's why the PH has it worse?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... s-covid-19
We won't really know until May 15th arrives. They might change their minds again and extend the lockdown.

What we do know is the lockdown is bankrupting the Philippines. The supermarkets are running out of basic food items, cup noodles, pancake mix, peanuts, potato chips, cookies, mongo beans, soft drinks because the factories are closed.

Many people are still stranded during the hottest time of the year, it sucks.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought food services were not shut down and so factories should still be operating of theyre in the food industry. Or food imports.

Hasnt anyone told duterte about the horrible consequences of what hes doing? Is he a sociopath? Is he capable of feeling guilt? Does he think hes god and infallible?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Taco wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 11:21 pm
We won't really know until May 15th arrives. They might change their minds again and extend the lockdown.

What we do know is the lockdown is bankrupting the Philippines. The supermarkets are running out of basic food items, cup noodles, pancake mix, peanuts, potato chips, cookies, mongo beans, soft drinks because the factories are closed.

Many people are still stranded during the hottest time of the year, it sucks.
I work for a multinational and they are keeping my wages and free accommodation intact. Other kitchen and service staff, vastv majority Filipino paid minimum wage or contractual, were shown the door more than a month ago and only heaven knows if and when they will be back.

While I am keeping in touch with a few of them over Skype and other messenger, I have to say it is constantly heartbreaking, to see them smiling and cracking silly jokes when I know they and their family barely have enough savings to live on rice and dried fish for another few weeks. Filipinos are notoriously calm and passive but, let me tell you, if the lockdown doesn't get at least partially lifted past Mat 15, we may be looking at people smashing shop windows on the street.

It will be the end of the Duterte presidency and those clowns Cayetano and Bong Go, who follow him.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 3:16 am
I thought food services were not shut down and so factories should still be operating of theyre in the food industry. Or food imports.

Hasnt anyone told duterte about the horrible consequences of what hes doing? Is he a sociopath? Is he capable of feeling guilt? Does he think hes god and infallible?
For how much I don't like Duterte, I don't think he's behaving in a cruel or sociopathic way.

It's the same situation the world over. I am not a doctor but studied just enough biology and hygiene to know that this Covid-19 is a humongous fraud. They are using a just above average strand of flu, artificially engineered and purposely leaked by the way, to crash the world economy and impose a "new normal" that will look a lot closer to a dictatorship than we can imagine.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What happens if you fly to the Philippines now? Would you be quarantined for two weeks? If so how? Would they put a security guard outside your door? Where do they have the manpower to put a guard on every single person? Isn't that numerically impossible? There's no standing army in the world that can put a watch on everyone. Even ancient Rome at the height of its power could not do that.

Btw, why isn't Duterte worried that his unpopularity will cost him the next election? Does he even want to win the next election? Isn't his power counterbalanced by Parliament?

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

hypermak wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:01 am
It's the same situation the world over. I am not a doctor but studied just enough biology and hygiene to know that this Covid-19 is a humongous fraud. They are using a just above average strand of flu,
Glad to see you are coming round to reason. Month or so ago, you were carrying on about saving the beloved Italian grandparents, etc, etc. Momo week 19 just came out today: https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps
Scroll down and compare Italy and Sweden, so with and without lockdown. In both cases, a huge spike in deaths, much higher than flus since 2017, but spike is now disappearing as quickly as it appeared. By default, momo graphs show all ages, but you can also show age groups separately, and the spike disappears if under age 64.

Bottom line, covid-19 came in fast and furious, killed off a bunch of sickly old people whether or not there was a lockdown, and now is disappearing now that most of the sickly old people are dead. Countries like Greece and Norway, which were protected from the plague by lockdown, will likely see the same spike in deaths among the elderly as Italy and Sweden as soon as they lift their lockdowns. Or maybe they will stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine, which could take 30 years or more (that's how long we've been seeking a vaccine for HIV).
hypermak wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:01 am
artificially engineered and purposely leaked by the way, to crash the world economy and impose a "new normal" that will look a lot closer to a dictatorship than we can imagine.
Now you're showing signs of too much time under lockdown. Real story is a perfect storm of "mass hysteria and typical human stupidity" by the sheeple, plus "better safe than sorry, cover my ass, avoid blame if things go wrong" thinking by bureaucrats and scientists, plus "drunk on power" politicians like Duerte, plus "fear and confusion generates viewer interest" by panic mongering journalists, plus "never let a crisis go to waste" by rich people looking to rob the public with bailouts, and maybe other factors I overlooked.

New normal will be similar to old normal. Most humans have the attention span of squirrels. But it will take a year or two to recover. There will be plenty of anger between now and then by all the people who lost their life savings, and maybe some revolutions. Should be interesting.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Shemp wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 8:24 am
Glad to see you are coming round to reason. Month or so ago, you were carrying on about saving the beloved Italian grandparents, etc, etc.
Of course, protecting those who are most at risk is always priority. The world should have been better off just isolating those at risk, say all elderly over 60, and letting everybody else have a relatively normal life (with masks and some distancing) and let herd immunity do the work. Perhaps we would have had a few hotels, hospitals and unused government buildings full of fragile people to monitor and care for, but it would have been a much lower cost for, say, the Italian economy.
Shemp wrote:
Momo week 19 just came out today: https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps
Scroll down and compare Italy and Sweden, so with and without lockdown. In both cases, a huge spike in deaths, much higher than flus since 2017, but spike is now disappearing as quickly as it appeared. By default, momo graphs show all ages, but you can also show age groups separately, and the spike disappears if under age 64.

Bottom line, covid-19 came in fast and furious, killed off a bunch of sickly old people whether or not there was a lockdown, and now is disappearing now that most of the sickly old people are dead. Countries like Greece and Norway, which were protected from the plague by lockdown, will likely see the same spike in deaths among the elderly as Italy and Sweden as soon as they lift their lockdowns. Or maybe they will stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine, which could take 30 years or more (that's how long we've been seeking a vaccine for HIV).
I agree. I would have agreed even if I hadn't looked at these figures.
Shemp wrote:
Now you're showing signs of too much time under lockdown. Real story is a perfect storm of "mass hysteria and typical human stupidity" by the sheeple, plus "better safe than sorry, cover my ass, avoid blame if things go wrong" thinking by bureaucrats and scientists, plus "drunk on power" politicians like Duerte, plus "fear and confusion generates viewer interest" by panic mongering journalists, plus "never let a crisis go to waste" by rich people looking to rob the public with bailouts, and maybe other factors I overlooked.
It's quite obvious to everyone that the virus was lab work. I could give the benefit of the doubt on whether the it was leaked by mistake or for a precise agenda. Given what is happening right now, the second appears more and more likely.
Shemp wrote:
New normal will be similar to old normal. Most humans have the attention span of squirrels. But it will take a year or two to recover. There will be plenty of anger between now and then by all the people who lost their life savings, and maybe some revolutions. Should be interesting.
Normal humans have the attention span of a squirrel but those who orchestrate all this crap have a very long sight. They have probably been planning a scenario like this for years.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:03 am
What happens if you fly to the Philippines now? Would you be quarantined for two weeks? If so how? Would they put a security guard outside your door? Where do they have the manpower to put a guard on every single person? Isn't that numerically impossible? There's no standing army in the world that can put a watch on everyone. Even ancient Rome at the height of its power could not do that.

Btw, why isn't Duterte worried that his unpopularity will cost him the next election? Does he even want to win the next election? Isn't his power counterbalanced by Parliament?
There are no flights in and out of the Philippines. I think AirAsia has set up some repatriation flights from other domestic locations and places like Thailand, Vietnam and Taiwan. However you need to contact a certain government office to book a seat.

Duterte isn't worried about the next elections simply because he can only serve a single presidential term, of 6 years.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

hypermak wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Shemp wrote:
Real story is a perfect storm of "mass hysteria and typical human stupidity" by the sheeple, plus "better safe than sorry, cover my ass, avoid blame if things go wrong" thinking by bureaucrats and scientists, plus "drunk on power" politicians like Duerte, plus "fear and confusion generates viewer interest" by panic mongering journalists, plus "never let a crisis go to waste" by rich people looking to rob the public with bailouts, and maybe other factors I overlooked.
It's quite obvious to everyone that the virus was lab work. I could give the benefit of the doubt on whether the it was leaked by mistake or for a precise agenda. Given what is happening right now, the second appears more and more likely..
A worldwide conspiracy makes no sense with such a hodgepodge where countries like USA, most of Europe, China, Iran, Russia all do one thing, while Sweden, Belarus, Japan, Taiwan do the opposite.

The countries that locked down are just following the path of least resistance. Every bureaucrat everywhere advises the path of "better safe than sorry" because thats how bureaucrats think, and to hell with the costs to small business, since bureaucrats have safe salaries and government pensions. Every newspaper and television station has to create panic, because if they don't, they will lose readers/viewers to the competition. Every politician gets drunk upon tasting the power of lockdown. Every rich person knows that a crisis is a good time to rob the Treasury. And so on.

The reason for the hysterical reaction to covid-19 is the same reason countries rush into stupid wars, because all these factors I listed also apply to war. The difference is that people have experienced the cost of war often and recently enough to know to resist the temptation, whereas it's been a long time since a pandemic, so we are not aware of how costly it is to overreact to pandemic like we are doing now.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 12:40 am
hypermak wrote:
Shemp wrote:
Real story is a perfect storm of "mass hysteria and typical human stupidity" by the sheeple, plus "better safe than sorry, cover my ass, avoid blame if things go wrong" thinking by bureaucrats and scientists, plus "drunk on power" politicians like Duerte, plus "fear and confusion generates viewer interest" by panic mongering journalists, plus "never let a crisis go to waste" by rich people looking to rob the public with bailouts, and maybe other factors I overlooked.
It's quite obvious to everyone that the virus was lab work. I could give the benefit of the doubt on whether the it was leaked by mistake or for a precise agenda. Given what is happening right now, the second appears more and more likely..
A worldwide conspiracy makes no sense with such a hodgepodge where countries like USA, most of Europe, China, Iran, Russia all do one thing, while Sweden, Belarus, Japan, Taiwan do the opposite.

The countries that locked down are just following the path of least resistance. Every bureaucrat everywhere advises the path of "better safe than sorry" because thats how bureaucrats think, and to hell with the costs to small business, since bureaucrats have safe salaries and government pensions. Every newspaper and television station has to create panic, because if they don't, they will lose readers/viewers to the competition. Every politician gets drunk upon tasting the power of lockdown. Every rich person knows that a crisis is a good time to rob the Treasury. And so on.

The reason for the hysterical reaction to covid-19 is the same reason countries rush into stupid wars, because all these factors I listed also apply to war. The difference is that people have experienced the cost of war often and recently enough to know to resist the temptation, whereas it's been a long time since a pandemic, so we are not aware of how costly it is to overreact to pandemic like we are doing now.
This explanation makes a lot of sense. Why can't the countries on lockdown just look at countries like Japan and Taiwan where there are no lockdowns and ask what they are doing right or why they can't be emulated? Don't these WHO experts consider that? Why didn't the WHO order Taiwan and Japan to be locked down too?

Why doesn't CNN allow for explanations like yours, which make sense? CNN only allows one opinion and no dissenting views, giving the false impression that everyone agrees with their hive mind and Orwellian government and that dissenters are marginalized and crazy and don't matter. CNN is also strongly pro liberal and pro government and assumes every sane person is too. In the 90's they presented opposing views, but now they only present one view. It's like they are the mouthpiece of Orwellian government.

Hypermak, how many years does Duterte have left? Does he allow criticism of him? Does he threaten to ban any foreigners who criticize him or imprison them? Are locals allowed to criticize him? Does the PH media ever criticize him?

When will international flights be allowed into the PH?

Why doesn't Duterte ask China to send the PH food and supplies for people starving to death there? I'm sure China would help in exchange for political control there.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Shemp wrote:
hypermak wrote:
Shemp wrote:

Shemp your not quite there yett, for the US guess who got the ball rolling for all the hysteria on the media, it was a publication that came from where ???? THE UK, all roads go back where ???, the CITI thats where. The first country to do mandatory vaccines ???, go research it yourself.... " allow me to issue the currency and I care who not makes the laws " and thats how the world really works!
Time to Hide!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Shemp wrote:

A worldwide conspiracy wouldn't make sense if you are still looking at these events from the point of view of individual sovereign nations pursuing their national interest, or that of homegrown corporates and lobbies.

If you see this in terms of transnational powers, the likes of the Gates Foundation or large banking cartels, or even groups of countries who have an interest in using the economic crash to advance more freedom-killing laws and regulations (US, UK, certainly parts of Asia), then the conspiracy option doesn't seem that crazy anymore.

I hope to be wrong and people are just acting collectively stupidly. Yet, if this is true, we might be looking at the world's first "transnational" 9/11 moment. If that is the case, it's exactly as you say: there will be no wars, we will be collectively and willingly giving away what is left of our freedom in the name of "staying safe and healthy" and "being protected by our Government".
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

hypermak wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 5:18 am
...we might be looking at the world's first "transnational" 9/11 moment.
Current situation is comparable to 1914, when all of Europe rushed into war thinking it was going to last maybe 3 months at most. A few soldiers would die, but the survivors (and all young men naturally think THEY are going to be the survivor and the poor guy next to them is the one who will die) would be crowned with glory as heroes and get all the girls. The politicians and generals would get statues and streets named after them for showing such bold leadership. Businessman would get lots of contracts for military equipment. Newspapers would get more readers to keep up with the exciting news. Exact same set of incentives as currently. Nobody realized the war would last 4 years and leave Europe impoverished, same as no one considered how expensive these lockdowns would be.

World War I impoverished Europe, while making USA and Latin America rich (Argentina in particular, but then Argentina squandered its wealth with bad government). It isn't yet clear who the final winners and losers of this stupid covid-19 overreaction will be. Southern Europe will surely be among the big losers. Greece, in particular, is busy patting itself on the back at how successful their lockdown was, without considering how dependent they are on tourism, which is now ruined. I'm in southern Spain right now, another place dependent on tourism. They are just waking up to the massive hangover they are going to suffer.