The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! Cannot go!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Philippines on CoVID19 Lockdown! Cannot go!

Post by Winston »

Good news. If u are in a green country u can go to Philippines now. See the update below from Philippines airlines. If you are vaccinated then no quarantine is required. If not u will be quarantined 6 days only. If you are not in one of the green countries maybe you can fly to one first? Taiwan is on the green list so i can go now.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p ... TravelToPH

Here is the green list of countries that can fly to Philippines.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/c ... ingintheph
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also here are the hotels available for quarantine in Manila nd Clark. It looks like the cheapest one in Manila is Oxford Suites at 2300p a night.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p ... tineHotels

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p ... tineHotels
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Email i received from the Philippines embassy:

Dear Winston:

The Philippine Airlines website does not say that Taiwan nationals may now visit the Philippines visa-free. Kindly note that the green list classification of Taiwan pertains to quarantine procedures only. It does not cover entry guidelines or whether or not certain nationalities can go to the Philippines visa-free.

As of the moment, all foreign nationals not holding a long-term visa to the Philippines are required to apply for an entry visa (9a). They are specifically covered by this passenger category as reflected on the Philippine Airlines page you sent us: https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p ... 021%20only

Thank you and best regards.

MANILA ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL OFFICE
To remain up-to-date with relevant information, please follow our official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MECO.official/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Latest announcement from Philippines immigration:

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.he ... 9772632539

24 November 2021
PRESS RELEASE
BI on standby for reopening of PH to foreign tourists
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said that it is on standby for the eventual reopening of Philippine borders to foreign tourists.
In a statement, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente stated that while no definite date has been decided on when the Philippines will reopen to foreign tourists, he is confident that this will be very soon.
“There are reports circulating that the country has already reopened its borders to international leisure travelers,” said Morente. “While we are awaiting the official announcement from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID), we have already put in place the needed manpower and facilities in preparation for this,” he added.
Earlier, the BI announced that frontline personnel have been banned from filing vacation leaves during the holiday season. The Bureau also stated that 99 new immigration officers have been recently hired for deployment in the BI’s ports and different offices nationwide.
“We have also resumed the use of our e-gates for arriving Filipinos as it would greatly lessen the processing time for our kababayans who will be returning here for Christmas,” said Morente.
Morente stated that the status quo on the country’s travel restrictions remains as they wait for the IATF-MEID to make the formal announcement.
He added that members of the IATF-MEID are still extensively discussing and deliberating on proposals to reopen the Philippines to alien visitors, ironing out many details before its implementation.
“Most probably, those coming from green list countries will be the first ones to be allowed entry,” said Morente.
According to BI Port Operations Division Chief Atty. Carlos Capulong, there are 44 countries that are under the green list, while two—Faroe Islands and the Netherlands—remain in the red list.
#ProtectPHBorders
#TravelRestrictionsPH
#WeHealAsOne
#BeatCOVID19
#BureauofImmigration
#ImmigrationHelplinePH

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Philippines to open to many countries next week!

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... -next-week

If you're not vaccinated you will have to be quarantined though. Hopefully its only 6 days.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende
How come some articles say unvaxxed can enter the Philippines now but others say you can't? It's unclear what the deal is.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/covi ... hilippines
A Guide on Arrival and Quarantine Procedures

International passengers must follow the arrival procedures of their PH port of entry mandated by PAL and the Philippine Government. Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and passengers whose vaccination status cannot be verified shall be required to complete a facility-based quarantine at the first port of entry into the Philippines, regardless the onward domestic destination. Ensure to check your first PH arrival airport prior to booking the facility.

Last updated: PH Local Time, June 15, 2022

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 9:41 pm
@publicduende
How come some articles say unvaxxed can enter the Philippines now but others say you can't? It's unclear what the deal is.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/covi ... hilippines
A Guide on Arrival and Quarantine Procedures

International passengers must follow the arrival procedures of their PH port of entry mandated by PAL and the Philippine Government. Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and passengers whose vaccination status cannot be verified shall be required to complete a facility-based quarantine at the first port of entry into the Philippines, regardless the onward domestic destination. Ensure to check your first PH arrival airport prior to booking the facility.

Last updated: PH Local Time, June 15, 2022
Actually, that's a good question. I am unvaccinated and will travel to Singapore for business on November 1. On my return to the Philippines, I have basically no idea what will happen. I think I have

0% chance of being rejected - I am married here, can't just bounce me back
30% chance of being told to quarantine in an "accredited facility", which is usually an overpriced (P4,000+/day) hotel
50% chance of being told to quarantine at my home address.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

publicduende wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 9:50 pm
I am unvaccinated
What sort of proof do they require? Easiest thing is to say you lost your proof or forgot it was still necessary to carry when traveling and it is somewhere in your house.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 10:18 pm
publicduende wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 9:50 pm
I am unvaccinated
What sort of proof do they require? Easiest thing is to say you lost your proof or forgot it was still necessary to carry when traveling and it is somewhere in your house.
In the Philippines they have vaccination cards which are issued by individual cities (e.g. Pasig City, part of Metro Manila), sometimes by individual Barangays (a fraction of a city)...and they all look different. You haven't heard it from me, but it's extremely easy to forge a vaccination certificate, especially considering airport authorities don't have a catalogue of vaccination card templates from the hundreds of different government units all over the Philippines.

As usual in Pinoyland, it's a mildly laudable effort which ends up in total farce.