Tacopacalypse

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5779
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 7:00 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Moretorque »

This gal is having a baby if I am not mistaken, anybody bringing a kid here is as she says not very smart in Canada.
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

Debt ceiling will be hit in October...

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5779
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 7:00 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Moretorque »

Alot of people think this is the end here for the $ and China will be taking over. These dumb Americans have no idea, it is embarrassing to be one these days.
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

You'll need 3 to 6 months of food supply...

The Meat Mafia: The Great Reset of Food
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTbpJl2-Ho&t=13s
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

You have about two weeks left to prepare before Armageddon occurs...

Debt ceiling default would be 'potentially catastrophic,' warns JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/econom ... e-n1280302

Here's a second opinion for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQKJqGC7w0&t=1s
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

Tacopacalypse is finally here!

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
User avatar
HouseMD
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2006
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 6:20 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:
September 29th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Tacopacalypse is finally here!

You say, again :roll:

We're past due for a market correction. Plenty of money to be made during and after. I'm closing a lot of my positions soon because I think we're entering a recession within the next 6 months or so, market fundamentals are quite out of line but it isn't apocalyptic
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3888
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
September 30th, 2021, 5:54 pm
Taco wrote:
September 29th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Tacopacalypse is finally here!

You say, again :roll:

We're past due for a market correction. Plenty of money to be made during and after. I'm closing a lot of my positions soon because I think we're entering a recession within the next 6 months or so, market fundamentals are quite out of line but it isn't apocalyptic
If Warren Buffet were saying this, I'd be even more alarmed, though he seems to focus more on stock fundamentals for the long term. Is Kiyosaki an macroeconomics expert? He's probably done quite well for himself financially.

I've got some money in my retirement, but it's index funds and stuff like that. Is there an index fund type investment that hedges against the S&P dropping? I'd expect gold to go up, but I don't think that is an option for the retirement account. I try to get internationally diversified in my retirement to a certain extent, but options are limited. That's not necessarily helpful for a US stock market crash, though.

Why would gold go down if there were a crash. Gold would go up, right?

Are other countries driving up their inflation like ours is with 'printing' the digital money? We can expect the dollar to drop. If other countries aren't doing the same, index funds in foreign stocks might be a good way to go.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3888
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
September 30th, 2021, 5:54 pm
Taco wrote:
September 29th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Tacopacalypse is finally here!

You say, again :roll:

We're past due for a market correction. Plenty of money to be made during and after. I'm closing a lot of my positions soon because I think we're entering a recession within the next 6 months or so, market fundamentals are quite out of line but it isn't apocalyptic
If Warren Buffet were saying this, I'd be even more alarmed, though he seems to focus more on stock fundamentals for the long term. Is Kiyosaki an macroeconomics expert? He's probably done quite well for himself financially.

I've got some money in my retirement, but it's index funds and stuff like that. Is there an index fund type investment that hedges against the S&P dropping? I'd expect gold to go up, but I don't think that is an option for the retirement account. I try to get internationally diversified in my retirement to a certain extent, but options are limited. That's not necessarily helpful for a US stock market crash, though.

Why would gold go down if there were a crash. Gold would go up, right?

Are other countries driving up their inflation like ours is with 'printing' the digital money? We can expect the dollar to drop. If other countries aren't doing the same, index funds in foreign stocks might be a good way to go.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

In 1979 the US government DID NOT get the debt ceiling lifted in time.
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/in- ... sequences/



"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5068
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 9:30 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Taco »

The US Debt Ceiling vote has been postponed until Dec. 3.

However, China's housing market which as Goldman recently calculated is worth $62 trillion making it the world's largest asset class is about to implode...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/catas ... o-now-play

And, this happens...

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5779
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 7:00 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Moretorque »

Taco I am going to keep this in my mind when all this is going down, what percentage of Americans will die coming up because the sheeple will not take their heads out of their ass.
Time to Hide!
User avatar
HouseMD
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2006
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 6:20 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 3:31 pm
The US Debt Ceiling vote has been postponed until Dec. 3.

However, China's housing market which as Goldman recently calculated is worth $62 trillion making it the world's largest asset class is about to implode...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/catas ... o-now-play

And, this happens...

You've been promising the apocalypse to me for almost a decade now. At this point if you're right you'll just be a broken clock, but trust me, you won't be right. We have several more cycles before the decline of the US begins in full.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5779
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 7:00 am

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 8:00 pm
Taco wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 3:31 pm
The US Debt Ceiling vote has been postponed until Dec. 3.

However, China's housing market which as Goldman recently calculated is worth $62 trillion making it the world's largest asset class is about to implode...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/catas ... o-now-play

And, this happens...

You've been promising the apocalypse to me for almost a decade now. At this point if you're right you'll just be a broken clock, but trust me, you won't be right. We have several more cycles before the decline of the US begins in full.
You are wrong about that, go plug somebody up to some Remdesivir so you can help put them out of their misery.
Time to Hide!
User avatar
HouseMD
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2006
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 6:20 pm
Location: Right Behind You

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 2:23 am
HouseMD wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 8:00 pm
Taco wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 3:31 pm
The US Debt Ceiling vote has been postponed until Dec. 3.

However, China's housing market which as Goldman recently calculated is worth $62 trillion making it the world's largest asset class is about to implode...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/catas ... o-now-play

And, this happens...

You've been promising the apocalypse to me for almost a decade now. At this point if you're right you'll just be a broken clock, but trust me, you won't be right. We have several more cycles before the decline of the US begins in full.
You are wrong about that, go plug somebody up to some Remdesivir so you can help put them out of their misery.
I am not dealing with anything to do with the pandemic, aside from treating the occasional patient with COVID for other conditions. I'm a specialist in a position in which the pandemic is pretty much not my thing to deal with
Post Reply

Return to “News and Current Events”