Tacopacalypse

Discuss news and current events around the world.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Tacopacalypse

Post by MrMan »

Taco wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 5:37 pm
You'll like this one...

It was pretty dumb for Congress not to handle basic banking regulations in the most recent stimulus. Don't they have bankers among their constituents who wrote them letters?

Does anyone know why the prices of houses is skyrocketing? I understand smart people with money predicting inflation and putting their money into real estate? Could it be a lot of uninformed people just got enough cash to bump them up to the level of having a downpayment? Maybe it is a combination of both. I am looking for a house in a market with a lack of inventory, but I hear there is a run on property nation-wide.

I would like to put money in fairly liquid assets that earn a good return until I find a property.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Taco wrote:
You'll like this one...

It was pretty dumb for Congress not to handle basic banking regulations in the most recent stimulus. Don't they have bankers among their constituents who wrote them letters?

Does anyone know why the prices of houses is skyrocketing? I understand smart people with money predicting inflation and putting their money into real estate? Could it be a lot of uninformed people just got enough cash to bump them up to the level of having a downpayment? Maybe it is a combination of both. I am looking for a house in a market with a lack of inventory, but I hear there is a run on property nation-wide.

I would like to put money in fairly liquid assets that earn a good return until I find a property.
The housing market is going to crash, and soon, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you get a house now you'll be left way underwater
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

HouseMD wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 6:37 am
The housing market is going to crash, and soon, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you get a house now you'll be left way underwater
That's the understatement of the year...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Taco wrote:
You'll like this one...

What do you think will lead to that?

If we have a systemic crash, maybe. But if we have hyperinflation, which is likely considering the massive amounts of money they are printing up, then property is probably a good investment. Farmland may not have the best ROI, but Bill Gates is buying it up. It's a hedge against inflation.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 1:24 pm
HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Taco wrote:
You'll like this one...

If we have a systemic crash, maybe. But if we have hyperinflation, which is likely considering the massive amounts of money they are printing up, then property is probably a good investment. Farmland may not have the best ROI, but Bill Gates is buying it up. It's a hedge against inflation.
I am betting on another toxic asset bubble similar to 2008 that collapses when credit dries up and loans start going bad
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

HouseMD wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 1:28 pm
I am betting on another toxic asset bubble similar to 2008 that collapses when credit dries up and loans start going bad
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Taco wrote:
You'll like this one...

Maybe so. Or maybe the dollar devaluing will counteract that and keep the prices of property high.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

MrMan wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:27 pm
Or maybe the dollar devaluing will counteract that and keep the prices of property high.
:shock:

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Taco wrote:
You'll like this one...

Have you not figured out who and what the FED does yett ?
Last edited by Moretorque on March 24th, 2021, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This year the dollar will crash. Then the electricity and internet will be turned off and then this...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Who knows, there maybe another virus that hits the world in the future and causes more lockdowns. If we keep having lockdowns on a regular basis, the economies of countries around the world will collapse. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 7:21 pm
This year the dollar will crash. Then the electricity and internet will be turned off and then this...

Hysterics, much? Absolute tinfoil nonsense you've been saying since day 1, and just like the preacher whose apocalypse never comes, you just keep moving the date forward
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 2:24 am
Hysterics, much? Absolute tinfoil nonsense you've been saying since day 1, and just like the preacher whose apocalypse never comes, you just keep moving the date forward
See, that is what we would have been saying before the covaids nonsense. Now what Taco is saying just looks like common sense.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 2:42 am
HouseMD wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 2:24 am
See, that is what we would have been saying before the covaids nonsense. Now what Taco is saying just looks like common sense.
We were past overdue for a pandemic. And honestly we handled this one terribly, if we end up with anything truly bad in the future we're screwed. But anyway, we shall see. As always, Taco will be wrong, the world will go on, life will be more or less as usual
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

HouseMD wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 3:02 am
We were past overdue for a pandemic. And honestly we handled this one terribly, if we end up with anything truly bad in the future we're screwed. But anyway, we shall see. As always, Taco will be wrong, the world will go on, life will be more or less as usual
I don't understand Taco. Where's the joy in predicting the end of the world every single week only to be disappointed each and every time when the apocalypse doesn't come? He's like someone's sad old uncle with a gambling problem, he can't seem to get away from the bad habit even though he comes across as a glutton for punishment.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Return to “News and Current Events”