$1,200 Economic Stimulus Checks

Discuss news and current events around the world.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: $1,200 Economic Stimulus Checks

Post by flowerthief00 »

^ He was talking about Biden's VP.
jtest28 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:02 am
All this stimulus money, coming from thin air. I wish someone, and I will admit I can't do it, but I wish someone could break down just how much that will cost us in the long run due to inflation. Everything will get more expensive, and your job wont really ever up your pay in proportion, unless its a minimum wage job. So this stimulus money is robbing the middle-class, I just dont know by how much. If it was by the current value of say, $1200, then that's fine and perfectly fair. But I just think it comes out to higher than that.
Right?? Everyone seems to have forgotten how to ask questions like this. Money doesn't come from thin air. Somebody somehow has to pay for it. And most of this money is not going to family or individuals either, but back to government and its close constituents.

Also, are they going to do this every time there's a pandemic? Since its very unlikely that Covid-19 will be the last one. Will they just keep kicking massive bills down the road? That's not a very nice thing to do to our children.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

flowerthief00 wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 3:53 am
That's not a very nice thing to do to our children.
Do you have children? My impression is that the childless old men like me are the one's most strongly objecting to these massive bailouts and handouts to the rich, while it's the suburban soccer mom Karen's who are most vocal about spending whatever it takes to save 90yo grandmas and grandpas with existing heart problems who were going to die soon anyway.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 5:21 am
flowerthief00 wrote:
That's not a very nice thing to do to our children.
Do you have children? My impression is that the childless old men like me are the one's most strongly objecting to these massive bailouts and handouts to the rich, while it's the suburban soccer mom Karen's who are most vocal about spending whatever it takes to save 90yo grandmas and grandpas with existing heart problems who were going to die soon anyway.
The Karens have always been wards of the state, so they think of money as a magic font. In that case, why wouldn't you want to give to people even weaker than you.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I wouldn't even worry about money-printing. The Fed already prints so much money to keep major banks from caving in that it's probably already surpassed any theoretical threshold.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

flowerthief00 wrote:
^ He was talking about Biden's VP.
jtest28 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:02 am
All this stimulus money, coming from thin air. I wish someone, and I will admit I can't do it, but I wish someone could break down just how much that will cost us in the long run due to inflation. Everything will get more expensive, and your job wont really ever up your pay in proportion, unless its a minimum wage job. So this stimulus money is robbing the middle-class, I just dont know by how much. If it was by the current value of say, $1200, then that's fine and perfectly fair. But I just think it comes out to higher than that.
Right?? Everyone seems to have forgotten how to ask questions like this. Money doesn't come from thin air. Somebody somehow has to pay for it. And most of this money is not going to family or individuals either, but back to government and its close constituents.

Also, are they going to do this every time there's a pandemic? Since its very unlikely that Covid-19 will be the last one. Will they just keep kicking massive bills down the road? That's not a very nice thing to do to our children.

You don't seem to understand to a degree, the whole economy and world resources are a pie. All the #'s which they call money is is just a representation on dividing it up. That is what socilaism communism is, the biggest lie of the last 170 years. #5 " An exclusive credit monpoly " Essentailly this is a thiefdom done by legalized counterfeitng. It does not have to be paid back but it directs all the wealth to the people running this con. The sheople got this coming, the people doing this have made a very interesting point in that they figured 100's of years ago when they were travelling about the planet and what is that ?... This thing be real Stupid with a capital S !
Time to Hide!