Could Covid-19 be a scam or hoax? Does anyone know anyone who has it?

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Could Covid-19 be a scam or hoax? Does anyone know anyone who has it?

Post by Yohan »

HappyGuy wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 4:06 am
Yohan wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 11:25 pm
Some countries in Asia are doing clearly better to control a pandemic within their own territory.

Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan show similar low infetion rates....far lower than anywhere in Europe....
You not only believe the faked figures but you believe the Asians when they publicize about themselves? :o
I do not believe them always, for example any information from China has to be verified by any other independent source, if not it is not trustworthy.

I believe however the feedback from various hospitals in South Korea and in Japan, they have no reason to provide wrong information about the actual situation of patients, available beds and so on.

Taiwan and South Korea were always prepared to quickly react to any virus threat, but here in Japan not so much. Therefore infection rate is higher in Japan because of slow and late reaction.

I believe also data from Continental Europe in general, like from France, or Germany etc. as there is a fully operating National Insurance system, however this is missing in USA...so I am not sure about data from USA... it depends on the reporting country, it's not everywhere the same.

There is no reason why for example Vietnam should provide fake data, but their medical system is poor and I suspect there is underreporting, they do not know exactly what is going on in suburbs or in rural areas....

However Asian people are very disciplined compared to US-citizens, they take this corona-virus very seriously and try to protect themselves as good as they can, nobody here is talking BS like this virus does not exist etc.

This mindset is totally missing in UK and many Western countries, just ignoring any possible danger of the corona virus and advice what could be done to avoid infection... so of course infection rate must be higher in EU/UK and USA and also Brazil compared to Vietnam, Thailand or Taiwan...
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Yohan wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 6:15 am
HappyGuy wrote:
November 22nd, 2020, 4:06 am
Yohan wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 11:25 pm
Some countries in Asia are doing clearly better to control a pandemic within their own territory.

Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan show similar low infetion rates....far lower than anywhere in Europe....
You not only believe the faked figures but you believe the Asians when they publicize about themselves? :o
I do not believe them always, for example any information from China has to be verified by any other independent source, if not it is not trustworthy.

I believe however the feedback from various hospitals in South Korea and in Japan, they have no reason to provide wrong information about the actual situation of patients, available beds and so on.

Taiwan and South Korea were always prepared to quickly react to any virus threat, but here in Japan not so much. Therefore infection rate is higher in Japan because of slow and late reaction.

I believe also data from Continental Europe in general, like from France, or Germany etc. as there is a fully operating National Insurance system, however this is missing in USA...so I am not sure about data from USA... it depends on the reporting country, it's not everywhere the same.

There is no reason why for example Vietnam should provide fake data, but their medical system is poor and I suspect there is underreporting, they do not know exactly what is going on in suburbs or in rural areas....

However Asian people are very disciplined compared to US-citizens, they take this corona-virus very seriously and try to protect themselves as good as they can, nobody here is talking BS like this virus does not exist etc.

This mindset is totally missing in UK and many Western countries, just ignoring any possible danger of the corona virus and advice what could be done to avoid infection... so of course infection rate must be higher in EU/UK and USA and also Brazil compared to Vietnam, Thailand or Taiwan...
These countries are also much warmer and the virus spreads far less efficiently in warm environments
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Tucker Carlson explains why Covid-19 is not dangerous to children at all, and what's more, children cannot transmit the virus to their parents and families either.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Yohan

Have you been to any hospitals in Japan and seen tons of Covid patients? Or is it all on TV? Anyone can lie you know, especially if its their job and they are controlled. Most of what we believe we take on faith, whether you admit it or not.

Can you go to your local hospital and check and take a few photos or videos and show us? Are you near a big city in Japan?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 4:44 pm
@Yohan
Have you been to any hospitals in Japan and seen tons of Covid patients? Or is it all on TV? Anyone can lie you know, especially if its their job and they are controlled. Most of what we believe we take on faith, whether you admit it or not.
Can you go to your local hospital and check and take a few photos or videos and show us? Are you near a big city in Japan?
I am living in the outskirts of Okayama City after my retirement, we moved out of Tokyo a few years ago.
The city has about 750.000 people, the province Okayama about 2 million people, it can be said about one half is living in cities, one half is living in rural areas.

All people living in Japan, Japanese and foreign residents, have full medical insurance, in case of health problems they report early to medical doctors or hospitals nearby. In case of severe health problems ambulance services are free of charge.

All provinces have to provide designated hospitals and keep reserved beds for isolation depending on population for infectious diseases.
In Okayama 509 beds, today about 31 percent are occupied.

In charge of Covid-19 in Okayama province are two hospitals, their home pages are only in Japanese, but you can read Chinese, you will understand most of the text.

https://g.kawasaki-m.ac.jp
Kawasaki Medical University General Hospital
川崎医科大学総合医療センター
(private administration)

https://okayama-gmc.or.jp
Okayama City Civic Hospital
岡山市総合医療センター 岡山市立市民病院
(public administration)

We do not have many infections in Okayama area.
https://okayama.stopcovid19.jp

Totally so far 609 confirmed cases, 11 deaths, 363 left hospitals after recovery.
Today: 92 in hospital isolation, 3 in severe condition, 64 stay at home - are positive and under observation- however they do not report any health problem so far.

The only severe cluster (display in BLACK) at this moment is OSAKA, (website can be switched in English/Japanese)
It this moment shortages of beds and medical staff are only reported from Osaka.

https://www.stopcovid19.jp/#undefined
2922 reserved beds, 4192 confirmed acute infections.

Here in Japan, there are no domestic restrictions, we can go to everywhere, all shops and restaurants etc. are open, all items available, also plenty of delivery services - most people and businesses comply with recommendations, like masks, alcohol spray for hands, keep distance, separation between customers and cashier by plexiglass, keep restrooms very clean - very disciplined.
But this is nothing new, it was done before with various flu-epidemics.

Nothing is going on in Japan what you see in UK or USA, like shopping of large amount of items, or anti-vaxx or anti-isolation movements, all is calm here.

Most patients recover in Japan reporting only moderate flu-like condition, but some of them need intensive care for a few weeks.

125.109 patiens fully recovered, known cases totally (except those on cruise ships) are 148.089.
2168 deaths so far are reported - however Japan has about 1.3 million deaths every year out of a population of 126 million, there is no difference in monthly death statistics between 2018, 2019 and 2020/

-------------------

Vaccine is not available, as Japan is not sharing data regarding vaccine with other countries like USA or Europe or China etc., and any imported vaccine (likely from Switzerland and USA)has to be tested again in Japan, it will take a few months more before vaccination will be allowed with volunteers.

Please come back with any question
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this awesome rally in London. Check out the lyrics below that the crowd is singing. They rock and kick ass. Lol

LYRICS
We are the ninety nine percent song.
you can stick your new world order up your arse x2 –
you can stick your new world order, where the sun don’t shine but ought to.. –
singing we are the 99% x2 –
singing we are the ninety, together we are mighty.. –
the queen’ll be arrested in her dressing gown x2 –
the queen’ll be arrested in her, ‘cos she is such a sinner.. –
we’ll be singing we’re the 99% x2 –
we’ll be singing we’re the ninety, together we are mighty.. –
there’ll be blue skies when the chemtrails are all gone x2 –
there’ll be blue skies when the chemtrails, and their evil plan fails.. –
you can stick your poison vaccines up your arse –
you can stick your tv programs up your arse –
you can stick your gmo foods, and we ain’t gonna go school –
stick your georgia guidestones up your arse –
AND You can stick your coronavirus up yer arse
singing we are the 99%.. –
oh i’d rather be a human than a slave x2 –
oh i’d rather be a human, and don’t you know that you can?.. –
you can stick your new world order up your arse.. –

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 9:24 pm
Wow check out this awesome rally in London. Check out the lyrics below that the crowd is singing. They rock and kick ass. Lol
This all is not funny anymore.

I am happy I am not in EU/UK anymore - life now in cities like London and Paris is difficult and often also dangerous, full with immigrants, plenty of criminal activity, and it is also getting more and more expensive.

Don't ask me what some of my few friends I know still from Europe are telling me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Analysis from Alex about the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines.

[11/30, 3:02 AM] Matt Hanson: How exactly do vaccines work?

[11/30, 9:08 AM] Alex From Venice: Vaccines are made with the intent of trigger the vaccine's receiver immune system to produce the "anti viral" protein specific for the kind of virus that the vaccine is made for.
Basically anti viral proteins are too complex to be made synthetically (James Tour top world scientist in synthetic organic chemistry is blatant on saying that there's no way proteins have been originate "by change" at the beginning of the life on earth, as even with all intelligence and understanding and advanced technological tools available to no one is able to make proteins in laboratory due to the too many difficult steps required that makes the process to fail) so the best it can be done it's to "trigger" the person's immune system to make them by providing a "sample" of the virus.
Vaccinated persons are not supposed to be prevented from being infected by the actual virus, they can be infected and can also eventually be slightly contagious for a short period, but their infection likely won't cause to them severe symptoms as their body already contains the anti viral protein (the poison for that specific virus) so the infection will be terminated quickly if it ever starts.

[11/30, 9:12 AM] Matt Hanson: what is behind the conspiracy theory about the COVID vaccine being designed to sterilize people (making them infertile)?

[11/30, 9:24 AM] Alex From Venice: that's a "long way" speculation based on clues of that some financially super powerful individuals and organizations have an agenda that aim to achieve global "birth control" by means that override the individual free will.
As vaccines are given by injections, the moment that vaccination is a worldwide global mandatory medical treatment, if they get to put in the vaccines liquid some additional component that aims at making some people not fertile, then the agenda goal is achieved.

[11/30, 9:29 AM] Alex From Venice: so the "first step" of the "plan" is to have everyone "forced" to receive injections imposed by the government directly or indirectly, which is what is actually happening now.

[11/30, 9:36 AM] Matt Hanson: So is the depopulation agenda inevitable in other words ?
[11/30, 9:37 AM] Matt Hanson: Also I wonder who gets infertile and who doesn’t

[11/30, 9:43 AM] Alex From Venice: I personally don't know. What I know is that the actual health threat posed by the Covid19 is very little and comparable to that of a severe influenza (in 2015 in Italy the number of death for influenza were even higher than that of Covid19 and many were already vaccinated) and the rush to make a vaccine in just few months while usually it's required 3-5 years to complete this trial, and the rush to make the vaccination mandatory, it's all very suspicious clue of untold second motives behind such "hurry"

[11/30, 9:45 AM] Matt Hanson: And wasn’t COVID-19 pre-planned?
[11/30, 9:46 AM] Matt Hanson: Last thing I want is the government to control every aspect of my life when I’d like to be on my path and purpose.

[11/30, 9:48 AM] Alex From Venice: that's a possibility, but Covid19 like epidemic can happen naturally so there's no need to "make" one, just to wait for one to happen at use it as "motive" to urge worldwide vaccination program

[11/30, 9:50 AM] Alex From Venice: I totally agree... for the main reason that governments are made of people who primarily care of their own selfish interests.

[11/30, 9:52 AM] Matt Hanson: Do you see the rest of the 21st century being a dystopian nightmare from here on out ?

[11/30, 9:53 AM] Alex From Venice: I'm afraid there's a chance for that to happen... but it's not sure yet at this point

[11/30, 10:01 AM] Alex From Venice: the main problem I see is that in a future where everyone has to regularly undergo state imposed injection, there's a chance that such injection are used for any kind of untold intents with the consent of the governments or even without the consent by simply changing the substances contained in the injection doses at the time of production without notify anything to the control authorities.

[11/30, 10:24 AM] Alex From Venice: Covid is real and the epidemic is real. What it's not real is the need of "emergency measures" and the need of a global worldwide vaccination.

[11/30, 11:01 AM] Alex From Venice: how do you know?
Based on what data can you make such claim?
Have you read the article from Mike Yeadon I posted here above?

[11/30, 11:12 AM] Alex From Venice: Actually it's well known that many of such measures have been imposed very late (in Italy they didn't start using face masks till May, in Philippines lock down has been imposed with at least one month delay from the first found case of infection) and that they haven't been imposed the same in all countries yet no one has seen big advantages to those countries who have imposed the more strict measures. Philippines has had the longest lock down and stricter but then it appeared to have a huge wave of infection on June but then everything has normalized and the mortality rate it's still one of the lowest in the word, yet it's impossible that distancing and face mask measures had been effective in Philippines as great part of population lives in highly promiscuous environment, with many persons living together in the same small places and with poor hygienic level

[11/30, 11:16 AM] Alex From Venice: anyway seasonal epidemic in Italy takes usually 6 seven months to be over and it affects only about 8 to 10 millions people over 60 millions so there's no need to have the half population infected for the epidemic to subside.
There's something called "cross reaction" that makes people partially immune to any novel virus as long as it's similar to those of past infections

[11/30, 11:19 AM] Alex From Venice: Philippines people are surely likely to have a strong cross reaction protection due to the fact that they are used to get sick quite often, and yet recover quite fast with only mild symptoms... that way they make their immune system more "ready to face" novel viruses

[12/1, 8:45 AM] Alex From Venice: I'm also following "the smartest" scientists, and I participate to many debates about lock down effectiveness. In Europe there's the so called "Sweden case" which made scandals because the government didn't impose the lock down and not also closed the school.
Everyone on the mainstream media and "scientist/experts" on TV predicted a devastating tragedy with unprecedented proportion... dead people at each corner of the streets.... of course nothing like that happened, the mortality rate has remained within the same range of all other countries who imposed hard lock down, including Italy.
Not only that, but looking at the deaths, there's no "second wave" in Sweden.
Please take the time to read what Mike Yeadon has to say about why governments and "scientists" have grossly over estimated the impact of the virus and it's death threat.
Yeadon "IS" one of the smartest scientist.
I share his recent article, not because he's the only one making such arguments, but because his article is a very well summary of the main issues on how "wrong prediction models" made by mathematicians and programmers can lead to totally wrong predictions which don't fit the real data.
I, as a senior programmer, can assures that Yeadon is correct on saying that good programmers that receive wrong or incomplete inputs can make bad models that make wrong predictions.
Dr Mike Yeadon has a degree in biochemistry and toxicology and a research-based PhD in respiratory pharmacology. He has spent over 30 years leading new medicines research in some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, leaving Pfizer in 2011 as Vice President & Chief Scientist for Allergy & Respiratory. That was the most senior research position in this field in Pfizer. Since leaving Pfizer, Dr Yeadon has founded his own biotech company, Ziarco, which was sold to the worlds biggest drug company, Novartis, in 2017.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/what-sage-got-wrong/

[12/1, 8:51 AM] Alex From Venice: Dr Yeadon also points out that PCR molecular swab test can turn positive to anyone who had a cold because of the similar proteins between cold like viruses and Covid19 virus, that lead to an enormous amount of "false positive" that would explain why, while "new cases" are increasing so much in this past weeks, yet the death count doesn't increase at the same rate but stays at the "seasonal" rate

[12/1, 8:55 AM] Alex From Venice: I always made an argument about the low reliability of PCR tests and false positives but never came to say that they can pick a cold virus and give positive to covid19 result.
Anyway, I found the for reagents kits datasheet of one of the makers, and I'll ask my contact, which is a DNA evolution researcher scientist at Trieste University, and he is one who believes that second wave is real and justify lock down, to tell me his take and understanding of such data sheet

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alex explains why shutting down the world for covid-19 doesnt make logical sense.

[12/2, 1:33 PM] Jethro: I wonder how many people there bring Covid home to their parents or grandparents and kill them?

[12/2, 6:37 PM] Alex From Venice: same as all the previous years when catching a cough or cold or flu outside... this covid19 is nothing new, slightly more dangerous than other common flu. The numbers are there. Chance of death is 2 or 1 every one thousand people, average age of 75% of those who die with Covid19 is above 80yo. If the world has to stop for Covid19 then it's been a crime to not stop in the previous years and it will be a crime to return to normal life. Old people are more vulnerable and they need more care, but that can't be at the cost to deprive everyone else of their right to enjoy their lives, and to have a work, and to earn enough to live decently.
Every year in Italy die about 6000 people in road accident, they wouldn't die if everyone would stay at home.
What would be the solution? would you wonder how many people would die when you see someone driving his her vehicle?
How about people who die in flight crash?
What's the solution? tell everyone to not take a plane?
Give a look of how many flight accidents have happened in the past ten years in the world... you might get scared if you think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/theflightchannel

[12/3, 10:17 AM] Jethro: Covid is not like the common flu. It is not just about the deaths. Covid is a vascular problem where blood clots travel to other organs. 10 times more people that don't die get permanent damage and are "long haulers" and have serious problems for years. My cousin is 24 and has heart problems now. There were many long haulers from the SARS epidemic that still have problems 17 years later. They have determined that older people that died of Covid died 8 years early.

[12/3, 10:41 AM] Alex From Venice: That can be said about road accidents as well... I know a friend of mine, he lost a leg in a car accident. there are also people lose fingers and limbs due accidents at work.
Permanent damages.
Permanent damages can be caused also by many other diseases and medicines... I know cases of people of had side effects from vaccination, parents who got their kids vaccinated, entered in a two weeks high fever, then the kid healed but his cognitive abilities have been impaired... he became autistic, same as other 6000 cases in italy. There's an association of the parents of such kids in italy. I also have contacts who told me how he developed chronical autoimmune disease after vaccination, with long lasting arthritis. No wonder that "natural" infections by virus and bacteria may led to long lasting of permanent damage. But, once again, it's a matter of quantity. How many have got permanent damages from Covid19? how many from flu? how many from vaccines? how many from cough, pulmonia, chickenpox, and other endemic diseases?
There are no numbers about Covid19 that can flag it as a threat of such extent that worth to put the world at a halt for unlimited time.
The amount of material. financial. economical. existential, damages that forbidding the great part of "social activities" for the past nine months (and with no dead line) has caused to billions of people is incomputable for how it's immense.
Life without risks doesn't exist, risks must be assessed then choices has to be made.
For all I know the risks posed by the Covid19 virus are, now, nothing "new" or exceptionally high, compared to many other risks that have always been "accepted", to justify all the freedom deprivations imposed so far till today.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:26 pm
Alex explains why shutting down the world for covid-19 doesnt make logical sense.

[12/2, 1:33 PM] Jethro: I wonder how many people there bring Covid home to their parents or grandparents and kill them?

[12/2, 6:37 PM] Alex From Venice: same as all the previous years when catching a cough or cold or flu outside... this covid19 is nothing new, slightly more dangerous than other common flu. The numbers are there. Chance of death is 2 or 1 every one thousand people, average age of 75% of those who die with Covid19 is above 80yo. If the world has to stop for Covid19 then it's been a crime to not stop in the previous years and it will be a crime to return to normal life. Old people are more vulnerable and they need more care, but that can't be at the cost to deprive everyone else of their right to enjoy their lives, and to have a work, and to earn enough to live decently.
Every year in Italy die about 6000 people in road accident, they wouldn't die if everyone would stay at home.
What would be the solution? would you wonder how many people would die when you see someone driving his her vehicle?
How about people who die in flight crash?
What's the solution? tell everyone to not take a plane?
Give a look of how many flight accidents have happened in the past ten years in the world... you might get scared if you think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/theflightchannel

[12/3, 10:17 AM] Jethro: Covid is not like the common flu. It is not just about the deaths. Covid is a vascular problem where blood clots travel to other organs. 10 times more people that don't die get permanent damage and are "long haulers" and have serious problems for years. My cousin is 24 and has heart problems now. There were many long haulers from the SARS epidemic that still have problems 17 years later. They have determined that older people that died of Covid died 8 years early.

[12/3, 10:41 AM] Alex From Venice: That can be said about road accidents as well... I know a friend of mine, he lost a leg in a car accident. there are also people lose fingers and limbs due accidents at work.
Permanent damages.
Permanent damages can be caused also by many other diseases and medicines... I know cases of people of had side effects from vaccination, parents who got their kids vaccinated, entered in a two weeks high fever, then the kid healed but his cognitive abilities have been impaired... he became autistic, same as other 6000 cases in italy. There's an association of the parents of such kids in italy. I also have contacts who told me how he developed chronical autoimmune disease after vaccination, with long lasting arthritis. No wonder that "natural" infections by virus and bacteria may led to long lasting of permanent damage. But, once again, it's a matter of quantity. How many have got permanent damages from Covid19? how many from flu? how many from vaccines? how many from cough, pulmonia, chickenpox, and other endemic diseases?
There are no numbers about Covid19 that can flag it as a threat of such extent that worth to put the world at a halt for unlimited time.
The amount of material. financial. economical. existential, damages that forbidding the great part of "social activities" for the past nine months (and with no dead line) has caused to billions of people is incomputable for how it's immense.
Life without risks doesn't exist, risks must be assessed then choices has to be made.
For all I know the risks posed by the Covid19 virus are, now, nothing "new" or exceptionally high, compared to many other risks that have always been "accepted", to justify all the freedom deprivations imposed so far till today.
I agree with Alex here.

If deaths are so important that the world must be closed down, then the world would have always been closed, and by that same measure, it would have to remain closed.

But I also present something else. If deaths of people were truly considered important, along with the preservation of life, then why is abortion legal? If life is considered so special, why are defenseless innocents being slaughtered before they can take their first breath?

Therefore it cannot be about saving lives but about something else.

And in the USA, it isn't 6,000, more than 30,000 to 40,000 last I heard that die of automobile accidents on a yearly basis. Yet driving is still done. Should driving be eliminated on the basis that people will die?

Should medication be eliminated because of the people who die of side effects? What about those who die of post surgical complications? Does that mean no more surgery?

What about the people who get sick or injured because of vaccination? Oh no, that's mere conspiracy theory talk.

Also, is Jethro WorldTraveler? They speak the same.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 2:00 am

... in the USA, it isn't 6,000, more than 30,000 to 40,000 last I heard that die of automobile accidents on a yearly basis. Yet driving is still done. Should driving be eliminated on the basis that people will die?
In USA, up to now the number of covid-19 deaths is 285,550 - fairly much more than deaths of car accidents. - Keep in mind there are millions of cars in USA moving around 24/365...

Car accidents could be widely reduced if people drive carefully, but in USA nobody really cares. No discipline on the road.

Infections of Covid-19 also can be widely reduced in USA, but nobody really care....no discipline...compare Asian numbers of infection with those in the States.

Same with abortion, parents should control the promiscuous behavior their daughters or at least to insist to use contraceptives properly.
No unwanted pregnancy = no abortion

It's all about prevention and not about to argue tearfully when it is too late already.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Another thing, for such a deadly virus, many people who test positive do not get any symptoms. Only upon testing do they realize they are infected. That seems to me to be very strange for a cold or flu and especially for a flu virus that is so dangerous.

The point of bringing up abortion is to show that, if the concern is to "save lives" then abortion should be the first thing to become illegal. That would definitely save the lives of the unborn. A concern for life should definitely extend to the defenseless unborn. The fact that it doesn't tells me that this is not truly about saving people's lives.

This seems to me that it is much more about power.

As for driving on the road, multiply 30,000 per year x n number of years.

Also, many who die diagnosed with Covid, did not actually die because of it, but because of their co-morbidities.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/1-2m-do ... 14577.html

Chinese made Covid-19 vaccine (Sinovac) is now ready for export. First delivery to Indonesia.
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia's government said 1.2 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine developed by China-based biopharmaceutical company Sinovac Biotech arrived in the country late Sunday.

President Joko Widodo said in a televised address that another 1.8 million doses of the vaccine are expected to arrive in early January.

“We are very grateful, thank God, the vaccine is now available so that we can immediately curb the spread of the COVID-19 disease,” Widodo said.

The government is still waiting for millions of other doses of the Sinovac vaccine to arrive in the form of raw materials that will be further processed by state-owned pharmaceutical holding company PT Bio Farma.

However, Widodo said that emergency use authorization from the country’s Food and Drug Control Agency is still needed for mass vaccinations to start.

Indonesia is already cooperating with Sinovac in phase 3 clinical trials of its vaccine candidate, with tests being carried out on 1,620 volunteers in West Java’s Bandung city since August. The government also looked into partnerships with two other Chinese drug manufacturers, Sinopharm and CanSino Biologics.

Penny Lukito, head of the Food and Drug Control Agency, estimated that the Sinovac vaccine would obtain emergency use authorization from the agency by the third or fourth week of January, after the agency evaluates interim results from the third-stage clinical trial.
Last edited by Yohan on December 6th, 2020, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-rolls-cov ... 00512.html

The Russians are also ready....
Russia rolls out COVID-19 vaccine in Moscow
Sun, December 6, 2020

Russia launched its nationwide coronavirus immunization effort Saturday in Moscow, where thousands of workers in the city's health, education, and social services systems have signed up to receive the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine at 70 vaccinations facilities throughout the capital.

Those eligible for the inoculation at this stage include people in the aforementioned professions between 18 and 60 years old. People who have had respiratory illnesses within the last two weeks, those with chronic illnesses, and pregnant and breastfeeding women cannot receive a shot. Producers are only expected to make 2 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year, so the Moscow rollout is considered a preliminary step.

The two-shot vaccine has been the subject of international scrutiny since it was registered in Russia while still undergoing mass testing, but developers say it causes no serious side effects and is more than 90 percent effective, a rate similar to Moderna's and Pfizer's vaccine candidates. The Russian government says that more than 100,000 people have already received the vaccine, including top officials and military personnel.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You guys will love richard dwyers analysis of covid-19. He is very good in critical thinking. U will be impressed. Hes a true crime analyst.

He posted this in the description:

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-a-coronavirus/

Q: Is Covid-19 more deadly than the flu?

That remains to be seen. According to preliminary estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the 2019–2020 flu caused 19 million to 25 million illnesses and up to 25,000 deaths. The Covid-19 numbers are harder to calculate because it’s not yet clear how many people are infected. The CDC calculates the death rate at about 2 percent, which is higher than the flu—but the real number might be a lot lower, because less-severe cases may not have been reported. People with more mild cases might not even go to the hospital, and health care workers might have mistaken cases for the flu or for pneumonia. If epidemiologists count only the most severe cases, the death rate will look higher because a higher proportion of those patients die—so that might not offer an accurate reflection of reality.