Reddit Bans 'Men Going Their Own Way'

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Reddit Bans 'Men Going Their Own Way'

Post by Traveler »

"Reddit banned the notoriously anti-feminist 'Men Going Their Own Way' subreddit forum Tuesday, as well as their backup forum, Men Going Their Own Way 2, for violating rules about inciting violence or promoting hate.

"After roughly a decade of Reddit user complaints against the group for inciting violence or promoting hate, the MGTOW group, which has been called 'the toxic male separatist movement,' was banned, leaving some people to wonder, what took so long?...

"This report showed that the MGTOW group specifically had been linked to multiple occurrences of 'online harassment and real-world violence.' It pointed to a frequent visitor to the MGTOW community: Christopher Hasson, a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant, and a self-identified 'White Nationalist' who was sentenced to 13 years in prison for stockpiling unregistered gun silencers, stockpiling weapons as an addict of a controlled substance, and possession of controlled substances."
https://www.newsweek.com/reddit-bans-me ... es-1616379

Is expressing disagreement with feminism equivalent to promoting hate? What acts of violence have they committed? The worst example of a MGTOW forum member that the journalist could find is some guy who violated some gun laws and used drugs?
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Re: Reddit Bans 'Men Going Their Own Way'

Post by jerryrigged »

Traveler wrote:
August 15th, 2021, 11:05 am
"Reddit banned the notoriously anti-feminist 'Men Going Their Own Way' subreddit forum Tuesday, as well as their backup forum, Men Going Their Own Way 2, for violating rules about inciting violence or promoting hate.

"After roughly a decade of Reddit user complaints against the group for inciting violence or promoting hate, the MGTOW group, which has been called 'the toxic male separatist movement,' was banned, leaving some people to wonder, what took so long?...

"This report showed that the MGTOW group specifically had been linked to multiple occurrences of 'online harassment and real-world violence.' It pointed to a frequent visitor to the MGTOW community: Christopher Hasson, a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant, and a self-identified 'White Nationalist' who was sentenced to 13 years in prison for stockpiling unregistered gun silencers, stockpiling weapons as an addict of a controlled substance, and possession of controlled substances."
https://www.newsweek.com/reddit-bans-me ... es-1616379

Is expressing disagreement with feminism equivalent to promoting hate? What acts of violence have they committed? The worst example of a MGTOW forum member that the journalist could find is some guy who violated some gun laws and used drugs?
There were a few guys on there promoting hitting women back when they hit us first but that is about all. The antifa and leftwing subreds are full of examples of promotion of violence against rightwingers. FemaleDatingStrategy is full of promotion of violence against men and misandry and it is allowed to persist. Theres not much to see here. Just technocrats being the left wing censors they always are these days. Welcome to the modern internet. :?
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MGTOW hate free speech, so I am glad to see them banned.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't like the idea of these huge companies that have so many people on them censoring topics. But I do understand about the violence.

It seems like a lot of men in the MGTOW subculture argue their case by insulting those who disagree with them. Some of them do talk...or type... a lot about violence. There is a toxic element to the movement.

I could say the same thing about feminism, too.