world cup 2022!!!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: world cup 2022!!!

Post by Lucas88 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 8:28 pm
With you it's different I guess, but I can't stand being around people who are like white, but dislike being white so badly they believe they can just become black by dressing black, talking black (mostly in a stereotypical way with the slang), and listening to the music, this is why I get pissy when I see white women trying to imitate black females, that shit is mockery to me and annoying too. When white girls got so heavily involved with black males and hip hop spread into white territory it's like they forgot who they are, where they came from and I connect much better with people who aren't trying to be something they'll never be just because they hate their own native culture.

If I went somewhere like South Korea and the people there were heavily into hip hop culture, I'd find them boring as shit and then I'd say "Well I could have stayed my ass in America if I wanted to be around people like this, this isn't why I came to Korea to be around negro obsessed people." I can understand if people don't feel connected to their own, I feel like that too. But at the same time I would never adopt someone else's culture as my own, it wouldn't feel right doing that. In the end I can just accept being a person that has no culture at all, it's harder that way if I went in this direction. But I'm American Indian too, so Native American culture to me is ten times better than negro shit that's got everyone acting like black obsessed faggots all over the country. Being black is like a goddamn cult, you're used by everyone. Democrats, Jews, and self hating whites.
I've never tried to act black! :lol: I'm a fan of some aspects of African American culture such as old-school R&B, Funk and Soul music (I recognize the enormous contribution that Blacks in America have made to popular music) and I greatly enjoy African American comedy too, but I don't like what is being promoted as "Black culture" today, which is basically just rap culture and all of the superficial, materialistic, anti-intellectual and narcissistic bullshit associated with it. I think it's a shame that Black culture is being reduced to that given that there was a lot of much more wholesome Black culture and artistic trends in previous generations.

I think that there are different reasons why some people hate their native culture. Some simply don't fit in with the culture which they were born into, genuinely feel much more comfortable with a different culture and feel a need to flee to that more agreeable culture due to a feeling of alienation within their own (me and certain other HA members fall into this category, I believe) while others begin to hate their own culture due to guilt which is inculcated into them through the media and then decide to imitate another culture (e.g., Black ghetto culture) just because it's being promoted as "cool". The former group simply has a naturally occurring and deep-seated preference. The latter group is indeed quite pathetic since it is so easily influenced.

I don't know whether you consider me adopting Spanish as my primary medium of communication the same as adopting/appropriating someone else's culture (unduly), but the truth is that when you learn a foreign language and immerse yourself in the L2 environment you are very much forced to imitate a different culture and appropriate a part of it as your own - especially if you want to speak the language well and like a native speaker. It's just part of the process. You have to learn how to pronounce words like a native speaker through imitation, learn slang expressions, get to grips with many culturally specific idioms, and even reinterpret the world through a distinct linguistic lens. In order to learn Spanish well, you have to learn how to think like a Spaniard and even live like a Spaniard to some degree. The ability to adapt to and appropriate someone else's culture is a huge advantage when it comes to language learning.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 10:36 pm
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 8:28 pm
With you it's different I guess, but I can't stand being around people who are like white, but dislike being white so badly they believe they can just become black by dressing black, talking black (mostly in a stereotypical way with the slang), and listening to the music, this is why I get pissy when I see white women trying to imitate black females, that shit is mockery to me and annoying too. When white girls got so heavily involved with black males and hip hop spread into white territory it's like they forgot who they are, where they came from and I connect much better with people who aren't trying to be something they'll never be just because they hate their own native culture.

If I went somewhere like South Korea and the people there were heavily into hip hop culture, I'd find them boring as shit and then I'd say "Well I could have stayed my ass in America if I wanted to be around people like this, this isn't why I came to Korea to be around negro obsessed people." I can understand if people don't feel connected to their own, I feel like that too. But at the same time I would never adopt someone else's culture as my own, it wouldn't feel right doing that. In the end I can just accept being a person that has no culture at all, it's harder that way if I went in this direction. But I'm American Indian too, so Native American culture to me is ten times better than negro shit that's got everyone acting like black obsessed faggots all over the country. Being black is like a goddamn cult, you're used by everyone. Democrats, Jews, and self hating whites.
I've never tried to act black! :lol: I'm a fan of some aspects of African American culture such as old-school R&B, Funk and Soul music (I recognize the enormous contribution that Blacks in America have made to popular music) and I greatly enjoy African American comedy too, but I don't like what is being promoted as "Black culture" today, which is basically just rap culture and all of the superficial, materialistic, anti-intellectual and narcissistic bullshit associated with it. I think it's a shame that Black culture is being reduced to that given that there was a lot of much more wholesome Black culture and artistic trends in previous generations.

I think that there are different reasons why some people hate their native culture. Some simply don't fit in with the culture which they were born into, genuinely feel much more comfortable with a different culture and feel a need to flee to that more agreeable culture due to a feeling of alienation within their own (me and certain other HA members fall into this category, I believe) while others begin to hate their own culture due to guilt which is inculcated into them through the media and then decide to imitate another culture (e.g., Black ghetto culture) just because it's being promoted as "cool". The former group simply has a naturally occurring and deep-seated preference. The latter group is indeed quite pathetic since it is so easily influenced.

I don't know whether you consider me adopting Spanish as my primary medium of communication the same as adopting/appropriating someone else's culture (unduly), but the truth is that when you learn a foreign language and immerse yourself in the L2 environment you are very much forced to imitate a different culture and appropriate a part of it as your own - especially if you want to speak the language well and like a native speaker. It's just part of the process. You have to learn how to pronounce words like a native speaker through imitation, learn slang expressions, get to grips with many culturally specific idioms, and even reinterpret the world through a distinct linguistic lens. In order to learn Spanish well, you have to learn how to think like a Spaniard and even live like a Spaniard to some degree. The ability to adapt to and appropriate someone else's culture is a huge advantage when it comes to language learning.
I only agree with the adaption part only if the person is going to live in a country around people like that. Like you can't live in some countries without at least knowing the language or else you'll get lost, or even taken advantage of by people that think you're too stupid to learn their language. Unfortunately the ghetto aspect of black culture is what everyone is imitating...This is why you have white girls twerking these days, ...Nobody even gives a flying f**k about the less ghetto aspect of it. It's the ghetto hood shit everybody wants, yet none of these assholes live anywhere near the ghettos they are copying they all live in well managed neighborhoods. I remember one black woman saying "all these white bitches trying to be us, but they're too scared to live like us." She was referring to white women that try to act black but have no f***ing idea what its like to live in black dominated communities like the ones in Chicago, Detroit, etc.

The white guilt stuff is just pathetic, I don't believe that's what you have at all.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

@Lucas88 @Pixel--Dude @WanderingProtagonist @Jsport
Sunday!!!
Its all kicking off!!!
Cant fuckin wait fellas!!!
Then england play iran
England should smoke them easily
But seriosly tho
Why the f**k they having world cup this time of year when most plays have been injured???
They usually have world cup earlier in the year
I heard today from a friend that Qatar are hiring actors from china and places like that to pretend to be football fans to promote their stadiums :lol:
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Well fellas
England f***ing played shit tonight
What a travesty!!!
Were they on lsd or something??? :evil:
Who the f**k were they passing to???
At least we kicked the iranians arses tho
Thats a step closer to execution for them :lol:
I think england will beat wales easy so no danger there
COME ON ENGLAND!!!
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Booooooshka
Won 150 quid on the football tonight!!
This relly is the best sport on this planet
Other sports are faggy when compared to football
The tactics
The skill
The money I make from bets!!! :lol: :lol:
Football is the best sport in the world!!!!
Anyone who disagrees with me is either an idiot or a liar
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Won another 100 on the football
f***ing raking it in here fellas
What a match tonight
England are back on form again
Which is nice to see
We kicked those sheep shagging tossers all over the pitch
Why are more ppl not discussing football on this forum??
Ppl are talking about boring gay topics like morality
My morality is better than ur morality
No ur morality is gay and my morality has a bigger dick than urs
f***ing yawn or what fellas
What about f***ing football?!!
Football brings ppl together more than any other sport
We even stopped killing each other in the war to have a kick about with a football
Thats what we should do with unraine
Just have a game of f***ing football fellas
All the football
Many football
Eh?
What do you think other football fans
@Lucas88 @jsport @WanderingProtagonist