Revolutionary changes in oil exploration

Discuss news and current events around the world.
GregNewman
Freshman Poster

Revolutionary changes in oil exploration

Post by GregNewman »

Nanotechnology is a very familiar word now as it has been constantly hitting the headlines of news these days. This is the process that helps to control matter at a sub atomic level. Nanotechnology has got wide prospects and the uses of nanotechnology are in plenty. This branch of science has been widely used for a large variety of industries. One of the prominent among these is oil and natural gas. Oil and gas industry gets a lot of benefit from nanotechnology.

The first nanotechnology project to extract more petrol from oil fields was presented in University of Queensland's Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) in 2006. According to the project report many oil drilling companies are forced to leave at least two barrels of oil for every barrel of oil that they produce. It is said that the use of certain nanotechnology methods can help them to save this. Nanotechnology can thus help in revolutionizing the oil and gas industry, saving the oil that’s lost during drilling, to a considerable extent.

This technology, known as Pepfactants, was developed in Australia in 2006. Using of nanotechnology makes the oil industry more efficient as it can help in controlling the emulsions and foams which are used in a lot of industry processes, and could help in producing a range of products from oil and natural gas, as most of form major components of chemicals and therapeutic drugs.

Reading more about nanotechnology will help you to understand more about its application in oil extraction. Refer the latest oil news today and know more about the easiest oil extraction methods using nanotechnology.
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Thanks for the update.

Post by Montanaland »

I visit Rigzone.com and am facinated by reading about new discoveries and production output. I think oil will be at $200 in the near future...so hopefully I can be employed with a company by then. :)