Truth vs. Happiness - Are They Mutually Exclusive?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

here is my theory about what spirituality/enlightenment really is and why humans/societies are the way they are: everything in the universe is completely neutral and equal in its essense, only the human mind is conditioned through memory to project judgement onto things as good/bad, valuable/invaluable etc. thought in truth is simply noise which arises in our heads, however through our awareness and memory it is interpreted with a conceptual meaning, filtered by our conditioned mind and if labeled as either positive or negative it triggers an emotional reaction in our bodies. there is nothing personal in this process whatsoever. it is simply how we process sensory input like a computer, and it happens in the exact same way for each and every one of us. there is no personal self. we are each simply conditioned with different input from the outside world which results in us having different conceptions of ourselves. although in your true form you are pure subjectivity, you are conditioned from birth to conceptualize yourself as an object which is how you come to develop an ego. this happens firstly by becoming aware of your own body and then by programming through language from other humans. you are taught words such as "i", "me", "mine" etc and then to attribute them to other things outside of yourself which makes you associate these things with your identity and you become attatched. this is how you learn desire. as you beleive yourself to exist as a thought form, you beleive you can always become more and more resulting in the never ending desire observed in humans today. from the age of 4 and up you enter school and from there on for the rest of your life you are immersed with other ego identified individuals who also posess a constant desire to become more. various means are devised to gauge status and further concepts develop culturally as to who is a high status individual or not. society by and large consists of humans competing against eachother in various meaningless ways to gain the perceived permission to imagine themselves as better than others around them. the legitimacy of this conceptual mental projectile reality is never questioned but accepted due to emulation of everyone else. its an outrageous distortion if you can see through it enough. in reality, each and every one of us has the ability to perceive ourselves as the everpresent, pure awareness which remains unaffected by what is sensed and perceived, this way we dont become affected by the distortion. if you truly understand this and fully realize it you will be blessed with immunity from all beleif in and perception of negativity in all its forms such as desire, boredom, depression, resentment etc. and you will be filled with a profound sense of bliss, peace, clarity and freedom which is actually our natural state. i urge you all to find this state within yourselves. the one and only real happiness is here right now simply in experiencing this moment, however we also experience ego conciousness along with normal conciousness, the two are inseperable. the more identification you have with your ego the more it will deceive you by using emotion of the body. the body is innocent in all of this as it is constantly present, it is the mind that is out of allignment. the mind projects fulfilment into the future to make sure you are out of alignment with the present moment.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

bliss is the very nature of our being in simply being here, but it is also natural for us to have an ego and a mind which conceptualizes everything and divides it into two. the wholesomeness of these divisions can be understood in polarities as to how they relate to truth: true or false, ego driven or compassionate, loving or fearful etc. with spiritual practice it is possible to take leaps towards alligning yourself with truth by way of increased levels of insight by deep realizations and meditations, but this can also be acheived simply by making a conscious choice to live more truthfully and consciously once you have understood that desire is holding you back and not serving you. we have been conditioned by unconscious people who were conditioned by other unconscious people before them to think happiness comes from the wrong place i.e. desire. if you are truly honest with yourself and able to assess the motivation for your thoughts (mindfulness) and actions, you can make a profound change in your levels of happiness, even without the awakening experience. experiencing a spiritual awakening is a huge boost as it gives you much insight because you experience a dramatic shift in consciousness, so you can compare your old state with your new one and gain much understanding and motivation. not everyone has this experience though, for some it is much more gradual. a big problem is that we have been conditioned into beleiving that certain desires are "needs" simply because they are related to things which are deemed natural and/or highly valued by society, for example love i.e. "all humans need to be loved" and sex i.e. "all men need sex". this causes people to become attatched to certain desires even more unquestioningly than usual. in reality, all desire is simply desire; an impersonal emotion one unconsciously attatches onto things which arise in the mind. whether it is the desire to be loved or the desire to murder someone, it is the same and should be consciously recognized when it arises in the mind and understood that its out of allignment with truth and detremental to your spiritual progress.