Is being alone the only way to true peace and freedom without interference?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is being alone the only way to true peace and freedom without interference?

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2021, 3:14 am
Great quote. So true.

"A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd." - Bruce Lee

"Care about what other people think, and you will always be their prisoner." - Lao Tzu
Tesla said he was able to do what he did by being alone to think.
Time to Hide!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sadhguru Talks About Importance of Being Alone and Being Silent | Mystics of India

"In a talk with Matthew Hayden, Sadhguru says he is at his best when he is alone and says that one of the processes of advancing spiritually is to be silent and being alone. Listen to the whole talk to know why that is so."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you noticed that in groups the vibes from the group affects you and stay with you afterward for a few hours at least? So hanging with a group is not consequence-free.

The Priceless Benefits of Not Belonging

"Solitude is dangerous. It's very addictive. It becomes a habit after you realize how peaceful and calm it is. It's like you don't want to deal with people anymore because they drain your energy." - Jim Carrey

It never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinions than our own." - Marcus Aurelius

“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDGOZWp5iGk

Jeffrey Blagg
1 year ago
Does anyone else feel that those of us that love and accept others as they are without judgment are usually the ones that are ostracized because of the judgments of others? Keep on existing sigmas! Maybe one day we can have a meal together? (Portland, Oregon)

Happier Abroad - Expat Living and Dating Overseas
7 minutes ago (edited)
Yes because most people are very judgmental so they do not vibe with people who are nonjudgmental and authentic. Judgmental people never like me either even if I am super nice to them. People and groups have an animal instinct and can sense if you are different than them, even if you try to act normal.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why does this Euro guy claim that in Asia, everyone wants to hang out with him and no one will leave him alone, as if everyone is open and social and wants to make friends with others? Is he living in a different universe or dimension? How can this be when people are cold and closed and don't talk to strangers unless it's business related? I don't get it. Am I cursed by the gods or does the oversoul (collective consciousness) of people dislike me or am I not connected to the oversoul that everyone else is so I'm not part of their species? How else can you explain this? Am I missing something? What do normal people have or see that I don't have or see? Nothing makes any sense in this world. Am I in a dream or simulation that's trying to f**k with my mind? Is this a cosmic joke?

The Dilemma of Loneliness

Solitude has its dark sides. But so has socializing.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can we be Happy without Friends? | The Social Minimalist

A minimalist lifestyle concerns itself with minimizing the number of material resources we need to be satisfied. A tremendous benefit of this approach is the reduced cost of living. The less we need, the more time, money, and energy we save. So, can we also apply minimalism to our social connections to gain the same benefits? Can we be happy with a minimal amount of friends, or even without friends? This video explores the benefits and downsides of friendship, the current state of friendships, and if we actually need friends.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Not you Winston, you are to attractive and the gals will never leave you alone.. :wink:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting video on the benefits and value of being alone and living in solitude.

This video is too generalized. So I added these caveats below in the comments section. These new agers are so naive and cultish, as if they are all reading from the same script.

Happier Abroad: Escape USA & Date Foreign Women!
31 seconds ago (edited)
But Erekteus, if you are in America you have no choice but to be isolated because the people there are antisocial and closed off and don't like talking to people unless it's for business only. They are very misanthropic. I swear. You can feel how everyone wants to get away from others and shut themselves in their houses. So you have no choice, especially in Las Vegas where talking to strangers is a sin and crime. No joke! You have no choice but to move abroad as I did. Yet no one dares to talk about this for some reason. It's taboo, though true.

3 minutes ago (edited)
The problem with this is that most people cannot think outside the box, especially in Asia where everyone is conformist with a hive mind. So for most people this will not apply. Moreover, you have to a have a rich inner self to enjoy being alone, which again most people don't have.

0 seconds ago
Question: How come when I leave America I experience no social isolation or anxiety and am free to date as many women as I like? I swear location makes all the difference, NOT thoughts or attitudes or beliefs like the new agers claim. I was stunned to discover this in 2022 when I went to Russia. How do you all explain this? I have many videos to prove my claims.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why you have to be alone and isolated to spiritually evolve.