How do you explain Murphy's Law? Is there a perverse sadistic force in the universe?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Winston »

GoingAwol wrote:Winston,
I've been a victim of Murphy's Law a lot. It seems like things never go smoothly for me no matter how thoroughly I plan things. For example, I can leave to go somewhere really early, but I end up being late to arrive at my destination anyway because I get stuck behind a slow driver, a wreck, a funeral procession, road work, or I get pulled over. Do you know what I mean? Does that kind of stuff happen to you?
Yes I've experienced all that too, and more. Some things can't be coincidences though, because they are too selective.

For example, every guy experiences this: When you are on a date with a woman, especially an unattractive one, suddenly lots of attractive women begin appearing everywhere. They stand around looking bored and sometimes alone too, as if they have no one to talk to and nothing to do, hoping that I'll talk to them. They sit next to you on buses and subways and jeepneys too, with no dates or boyfriends. It's like the universe or gods are TAUNTING you. They know you're unavailable to do anything about it, so they tease you and dangle carrots in front of you..... BUT...... when you are alone and available, this doesn't happen, at least not nearly as much.

This has happened way too many times for it to be coincidence. I talked to other guys and they all experienced this too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

It's Satan, literally hasaytan in ancient Hebrew means "adversary". This exists for everybody and it is a part of life, that's why they wrote about it. A hasaytan could get in the way of something, or somewhere. It was used like this, in this context. People need to realize this Book is relevant.

For me, it's almost like its a trait I have. I have a lot of good traits - but one overriding trait has hampered my life since I was young; being up-tight. Is it Murphy's Law? I don't know.
Last edited by Eric on August 3rd, 2016, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Murphy's law, Winston Wu style! :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yesterday I stood in line to make an appointment. The earliest appointment available was the 13th. That's too far away for me. Luckily enough, dude right behind me goes, "Hey, I will switch my appointment on the ninth and take his slot for the thirteenth." Then it was done, and I got an earlier appointment, and this gentleman even took an appointment on the day of the lucky number.

I love when things come together so easily like this. Praise the Lord.

Is this what you mean, Winston? I can tell you some awesome stories that happen to me quite frequently. One time someone even saved my life when I was being an idiot.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've noticed a consistent Murphy's Law here and I'm wondering if you guys notice too.

When I am in a rush to turn on the camera on my phone and frantically press the camera button on my smart phone screen, for some reason, if I'm in a hurry because I don't want to miss the shot, it will delay 2 or 3 seconds. Sometimes it won't turn on at all. But if there's no rush, then it turns on fine without delay. I've noticed this pattern consistently. Any of you too? It's like if you are anxious when you press a button, the universe will cause the button to fail, or delay. It's like when you are anxious, you invite the universe to generate a force against you, to counteract you.

It's kind of like how when you are in a rush to get dressed and you try to step into your underwear, you tend to trip over it. You ever do that too?

Anyhow, here are two consistent Murphy's Law in love and dating.

1. The women I love don't love me back. The women that love me are not the one I love. This mismatch is consistent. Not just for me, but many singles report the same thing. It seems that the universe likes to give you the opposite of what you want.

Also I notice that if you want something badly, the universe makes it harder to get and takes it away from you further. But if you don't give a shit about something, then it's easier to get. It's like a strong desire or want causes a lack in you which the universe confirms by making sure you don't get what you want badly.

2. When a girl is stable with me, then I'm not attracted to her. But when I'm really attracted to someone, then she's not stable, So a girl is either attractive and unstable or stable but not attractive to me. Typical Murphy's Law, which means that the universe gives you the opposite of what you want and counteracts your will.

For an example of what I mean, see my recent photos in the China Update Thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26294&p=266885#p266885
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyway, here is an interesting example of Murphy's Law below. At a mall food court in Shenzhen, China, when I sat down while Lisa went to buy food, these two girls asked if they could sit next to us. When they noticed I looked distracted and in love, they started asking me questions to get to know more about me. lol. Notice that the girl in brown is super hot. Wow. She turned out to be a Pisces too, same sign as me. The thing is, when I'm alone, this NEVER happens. Hot girls don't pay attention to me or talk to me. But when I'm with a girl, it seems it raises my social value, so girls are more friendly and open to me. Plus when I look like I'm in love, it creates a radiant glow that attracts them too. lol. But that won't happen if I'm alone and looking. Murphy's Law. lol. Anyway, when Lisa came back, the four of us talked. I couldn't think of an excuse to ask their number or WeChat, so I told them about Ethan_sg and that he was single and that I would pass their contact over to him. lol

Isn't the girl in brown so gorgeous? Dang. She's a Pisces and Buddhist too, so she may have been a good match for me.

Later on, the four of us met with Ethan_sg. We took some photos but the thing is, Ethan_sg doesn't want his photos posted online. So I can't show them. Otherwise I'd love to.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 24th, 2018, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:I think there's an easy explanation for that one, Winston. Girls are always more interested in men who have women. They're attracted to men who have already proven they can get women. So this thing is much more likely to happen when you're out with a girlfriend.
Yeah but there must be more to it than that. When those girls met me, I was sitting alone and waiting for Lisa to get her food. Because I tried to ignore them, they seemed more interested and kept asking me questions. lol. They didn't see Lisa with me. Plus there are lots of couples in China. I don't think they do that with every couple, talk to them for no reason. The universe was taunting me somehow.

Plus, how come when I'm with a date, I see the highest number of girls alone or standing around looking bored, but when I'm alone or with Ethan_sg and ready to talk to them, there won't be any girls outside standing around to talk to? You can't explain that one conventionally. Remember not everything has a conventional explanation. Many things don't. Anyone with life experience can tell you that.

Also when I get into the jeepney with Dianne, there are usually lots of hot girls sitting alone and looking at me or smiling at me. But when I get into a jeepney alone there are very few girls and the ones that are there aren't cute or don't look at me or smile. How do you explain that? No conventional explanation there.

Btw, that hot girl in the photo above in brown, when I told her that I broke up with Lisa and wanted to meet her, she was no longer interested or even social with me. She suddenly became cold and aloof and didn't even reply to me anymore.

I also noticed that when you are out with an unattractive girl, the number of attractive girls around you increases exponentially, as if the universe were teasing and taunting you.

These patterns exist. So how do you explain them?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Two women hit on you while you have a girlfriend. For Winston, this is Murphy's Law. Poor Winston.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here in this sermon below, Joel Osteen, the most powerful and successful preacher in America, talks about murphys law and how they are character tests from God. He explains why if you try to make them go away, they will only get worse until you change your character and reaction to them. He gives many funny examples of murphys law in his life and how he dealt with them.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GynRQwlk3WY[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:Two women hit on you while you have a girlfriend. For Winston, this is Murphy's Law. Poor Winston.
Come on you know what i mean. Why cant those girls approach me when im alone or available? Why do they only talk to me when i cant do anything about it? See what i mean? Thats murphys law.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:Two women hit on you while you have a girlfriend. For Winston, this is Murphy's Law. Poor Winston.
Come on you know what i mean. Why cant those girls approach me when im alone or available? Why do they only talk to me when i cant do anything about it? See what i mean? Thats murphys law.
Now I see, Wu. Some men consider that to be unfortunate timing. Others do not.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I don't know about this. I know that I have a hard time getting everything with my mind. I have my own problems. It seems like, sometimes - my mind is like a computer, that can't handle everything at once, but is supposed to. ...
like I've stressed it past the point of repair, or a rubber band that's stretched so far it's broken doesn't come back.

I'm a programmed robot just like everyone else, but sometimes I'm told I need to pay attention, act appropriately, etc. Other times I'm told I act too uptight. It's confusing.

It also seems people don't like me. I dont' know if it is in my head.
A lot I don't understand. I sometimes feel like I'm losing grips on my mind, like it's barely holding together, if a mind came apart at the seems, it would be mine. It's like at the SEAL training when they sleep deprive the seals and then are shouting yelling at them, asking them to perform tasks; the brain can't handle it and they mess up.... that's akin to how my brain feels at times. Stressed out. Sometimes I get yelled at for saying things inappropriately - maybe I have bad timing/ lapse of judgement? I don't know.

I think there's something wrong with me - would that be Murphy's Law?
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Winston wrote:I've noticed a consistent Murphy's Law here and I'm wondering if you guys notice too.

When I am in a rush to turn on the camera on my phone and frantically press the camera button on my smart phone screen, for some reason, if I'm in a hurry because I don't want to miss the shot, it will delay 2 or 3 seconds. Sometimes it won't turn on at all. But if there's no rush, then it turns on fine without delay. I've noticed this pattern consistently. Any of you too? It's like if you are anxious when you press a button, the universe will cause the button to fail, or delay. It's like when you are anxious, you invite the universe to generate a force against you, to counteract you.

It's kind of like how when you are in a rush to get dressed and you try to step into your underwear, you tend to trip over it. You ever do that too?

Anyhow, here are two consistent Murphy's Law in love and dating.

1. The women I love don't love me back. The women that love me are not the one I love. This mismatch is consistent. Not just for me, but many singles report the same thing. It seems that the universe likes to give you the opposite of what you want.

Also I notice that if you want something badly, the universe makes it harder to get and takes it away from you further. But if you don't give a shit about something, then it's easier to get. It's like a strong desire or want causes a lack in you which the universe confirms by making sure you don't get what you want badly.

2. When a girl is stable with me, then I'm not attracted to her. But when I'm really attracted to someone, then she's not stable, So a girl is either attractive and unstable or stable but not attractive to me. Typical Murphy's Law, which means that the universe gives you the opposite of what you want and counteracts your will.

For an example of what I mean, see my recent photos in the China Update Thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26294&p=266885#p266885

I've noticed this with getting girls. Someone once told me - stop giving a shit about it, and you'll get it, this guy was very wise. I still don't get it.
I know it's true. There are some forces working that are like this.
It seems the more I want women - the less or further away they are from me, the yearning and longing is far. I act stupidly or desperately to get them, often making a fool of myself. But then, I don't want to not care, because then I'll be afraid I'd stop caring about it, and it's hard to not care about.

I think PUA or game has something to say about this. I don't know.
I know it's right but it's weird.
You have to worm your way in slowly. I've noticed the more calm, relaxed players or people in general are the ones who've got everything in life - seem to have all the girls, and it's easy for them.

it's true.
The phone picture thing has explanation - it's because you hurry and press the buttons quickly, clogging it up...causing paradoxical reaction. This is all there is. the gate is narrow and the path is wide, many will not enter or find it.

This is hard to grasp.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The devil keeps giving me new problems. Now my new phone wont read sd cards unless they are formatted with fat32. Makes no sense. Thats an older format. New sd cards are exfat. Why would new phone models only accept older fat32 formats? Now i have to move 50 GB and reformat it. Will take hours. Last week my external hard drive broke and i had to buy a new one and copy 500 GB of data over. Took several days. These things never happen, unless im trying to leave taiwan. In that case one thing after another goes wrong and makes me waste time fixing it. Hundreds of things have blocked me since july. Some evil force must be doing this for sure.

Also changing to new phone in android requires many hours of work. Gotta backup both sd card and internal storage and decide which of hundreds of folders you need and which you dont. Total pain. I dont see how average people can do this. Just wechat alone has files in both sd card and internal storage that number almost 100,000 files, which make the computer transfer very slowly one at a time. Takes forever....... and ever...... neverending.......

I havent even gotten to my july plans yet....... always behind schedule. Makes me angry as f**k. Every morning i wake up in frustration.........