Do you ever feel like you were meant to be more?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Do you ever feel like you were meant to be more?

Post by Tsar »

Do you ever feel like you were meant to be more than you are? Greater than you are? In an ideal world if you could be anything, in any role, who or what would you be? Like your not living the life destiny meant for you to have because our reality doesn't allow people's true potential to be realized?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you ever feel like you were meant to be more?

Post by Moretorque »

Today for me less is better, this thing is so shallow and here in the states the people are soooo stupid it's like just unplug and laugh at how dumb it all is.

There is nothing here I really want and feel this thing is such a bust big time.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2020, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

I do it all the time....However, over the years...Now, I know...Its not my fault...There is a sinister attempt to limit my growth itself...Its all by design and they call it "Broken Dreams" and have resulted in a multi-billion dollar pharma industry.

Every human being is far more than he is ever told. Our entire society, our school system is designed to limit our growth not enhance it.

I'm born sure that i'm meant to do greater things than even any gauge on earth can measure it. ..See I sound cocky and that's how they designed it :D :D

The measure of our growth is sinisterly controlled through money, status, girl friends, marriage, jobs, travel etc etc....

There is no instrument on earth to measure our real growth as a human being....

Don't rush, Don't be trapped with false sense of growth in relation to women, money, success etc....

You are growing wonderfully that no instrument can measure it...You are immeasurable...

This all sound like a fairy tale words....but human beings potential is beyond any comic book heroes can ever play....

When you become your true You...Believe me...You will be more powerful - wonderful than all comic books heroes combined....and that day is coming very very soon....
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Yes. I am an intelligent, resilient person. I am always trying to be the best I can be. But I've faced a lot of extremely unlucky circumstances that were beyond my control, and all of these hardships set me way, way back.

If I had had better luck, I would be in a better position. But I didn't; I had terrible luck, so here I am. And that doesn't mean I'm going to give up and blame others for my mistakes--but it does mean I'm not going to go to the opposite extreme and start blaming myself for things that weren't my fault.

You just gotta keep at it, no matter what misfortunes befall you, keep trying to do your best.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I am the type of person who loves kids and I was meant to be a father but here NO WAY! My life has no purpose and I am happiest when children are around and my family tree is destroyed so my nieces and nephews are not around me.

I have a bad feeling about what this place is going to look like shortly environmentally. When you have 3 reactors melting down on the ocean and there is not a peep about it that goes to tell you how immature we really are as a species.

Most people are to immature to realize we are just shi tting up one side and down the other on future generations.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2020, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I am the type of person who loves kids and I was meant to be a father but here NO WAY! My life has no purpose and I am happiest when children are around and my family tree is destroyed so my nieces and nephews are not around me.

I have a bad feeling about what this place is going to look like shortly environmentally. When you have 3 reactors melting down on the ocean and there is not a peep about it that goes to tell you how immature we really are as a species.

Most people are to immature to realize we are just shi tting up one side and down the other on future generations.
Moretorque, your posts always brighten up my day. :D
You have to admit the children here really are getting hosed good with POO POO!
Time to Hide!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

RickyRetardo wrote:
November 7th, 2014, 5:58 pm
Yes. I am an intelligent, resilient person. I am always trying to be the best I can be. But I've faced a lot of extremely unlucky circumstances that were beyond my control, and all of these hardships set me way, way back.

If I had had better luck, I would be in a better position. But I didn't; I had terrible luck, so here I am. And that doesn't mean I'm going to give up and blame others for my mistakes--but it does mean I'm not going to go to the opposite extreme and start blaming myself for things that weren't my fault.

You just gotta keep at it, no matter what misfortunes befall you, keep trying to do your best.
I can really relate to the topic of this thread and also to the reply cited above. I too have often felt frustration pertaining to the inertia of my own life due to circumstances beyond my own control and even "destiny" as it was understood by the ancients.

Some people might think that we are arrogant for thinking that we should have been more than what we actually are. They will say that we should rather be satisfied with the high standard of living which firstworld countries afford us. But I don't think that there is anything wrong with wanting more out of life. A stable job, a good meal in the evening, beers at the weekend and TV sportsball games might be enough for the average NPC normie but some of us long for better things.

If I look back on my own life up until now I judge that I've been held back by two primary obstacles:

The first of these is autism. I am of the generation that was really hit with all of the harmful toxins and the pervasive developmental disorders that have massively resulted from them. Unfortunately I was one of the unfortunate who ended up on the spectrum and was even diagnosed with ASD in adulthood. Because of autism I've always had obvious social difficulties as well as some level of speech oddities and a propensity for sensory overload. These difficulties began to pose various problems for me with the transition to adulthood. I was always that awkward loner guy, was largely excluded from social circles because of my awkwardness, and was almost universally rejected by females despite being in excellent physical shape with my MMA training. Now, I was always creative and academically gifted and was originally regarded as a high achiever, but my social problems and inability to adapt as well as the depression which I had begun to suffer became a hindrance and so I didn't really progress much at all. In fact I became so depressed in my early 20s that I dropped out of society and even gave up martial arts. I ended up being a major underachiever instead.

The second is a culture to which I don't belong. I could never stand the UK, its culture, its people, etc. Some people will argue that the UK is a good country with material security and that I should be grateful to have been born there but if I'm not compatible with it at the level of the soul then I'm just not compatible and nothing can change that. Not only do I feel repulsion towards the country but also I cannot function socially there and don't feel comfortable with my own national identity. This can have serious repercussions. It actually feels very alienating to be from a people group with which you don't belong at all and which you don't even like. I hate the UK even more than how much @Winston hates America. Anyway, my absolute loathing of the UK and its culture and my total inability to fit in here would further exacerbate my existing problems. Not only did the need to socialize in a culture that I don't even like serve as another layer of social impediment on top of my autism but also in adulthood I became increasingly avoidant and eventually lost all desire to interact with the society that surrounded me. I had no desire to go out because I hated soulless English social life. I had no desire to work or study because I'd have to interact with English people whose energy I perceive as very alien, hostile and repulsive. I became even more depressed and reclusive. I was totally frustrated with destiny.

Fortunately my life wasn't totally fruitless though. I learned languages to a high level and managed to live abroad for extended periods and even had exotic foreign girlfriends and some moments of happiness. I also advanced with my martial arts training. This always served to create meaning for me in a meaningless society and thereby keep me sane for the most part.

Still, I feel that because of my problems and unfavorable circumstances I haven't reached my full potential or done anything of significance. Sometimes I still feel lost in life and desperate to find a worthy path. I feel like I must use my talents to achieve something higher.

Things would have been much more simple had I not suffered from autism and had been born and raised in a culture that were right for me. I wouldn't have suffered from as much social alienation or problems with my own identity or so much depression. I could have been more focused and productive.

I'm not a negative person. I've always wanted to improve my condition and live in line with light and beauty as opposed to darkness. I've just been held back a bit by circumstances.