What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Re: What's the point of daily life and making a living in America if all you do is "make a living" everyday?!

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston25 Sep 2018 13:15 wrote: Theres something i dont understand. Whats the point of making a living in america, just so you can get up the next day and make a living again and again ad infinitum? It seems like an endless circle without purpose. Like a dog chasing his tail without end. But what's the point of the everlasting treadmill that you are supposed to spend your whole life on? What are you making a living for exactly? Shouldn't you stop and ask yourself that question?
Winston! My son!

Daddy make deal with you!

From now on:

1. You don't go to lunch buffet!
2. You don't do playboy nonsense!
3. You stay with own son (like REAL daddy!) and take care him!
4. You live like poor monk who don't make living!

Then, OK to ask silly question! All you like!!!

Love,
Your Daddy

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's the point of daily life and making a living in America if all you do is "make a living" everyday?!

Post by Moretorque »

I think Mr. Wu is going to have to drop kick his father shortly...., to the moon Daddy Wu, to the moon!
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok here's what I don't get:

Why doesn't the government or school system or media tell everyone to "find their purpose in life" or "discover themselves" or find some "meaning in life" etc? Schools don't tell you that. Instead all society tells you to do is "GET A JOB" and "KEEP THAT JOB" by being stable and showing up everyday and working your job as if it IS your purpose for living. As if God or the universe created you to work and serve an employer or company and that IS your main purpose.

But again, this makes no sense. And it should not be called "making a living". Instead it should be called "living to work" because your servitude to a corporation is your primary purpose and meaning of existence.

The great mythologist Joseph Campbell advised us to "follow your bliss". He also said that what people are looking for is not just meaning and purpose, but the "rapture of being alive" (from his interview with Bill Moyer on PBS). I agree with that. One should follow their bliss, discover their purpose, and not only seek meaning, but the "rapture of being ALIVE" as well, like Campbell said. That makes sense. Campbell obviously respected the human soul and individual consciousness. He didn't see us as machines designed to serve a collective system, especially one that exists for profit only.

So why doesn't society teach this too? Society never tells you what your purpose is or how to find it. All it tells you is to GET A JOB and KEEP IT, as if that were the true reason for your existence. And many, especially in Asia and China, buy it. They like being slaves and serving the collective. They do not see themselves as freespirits. Thus they feel no deep angst or conflict about it, like me and my fellow freespirits do. They do not seek freedom, but servitude, in exchange for a stable job and paycheck and safe routine, so they can be "normal and productive" and conform to the hive collective. That's how most people, especially Chinese and Taiwanese and Asians in general, view life. Thus, although they may have their share of problems and suffering, they do not feel any deep angst about their existence or freedom. They believe economic enslavement and servitude to a corporation is normal and natural and they accept that. They have no inner conflict about it. Neither do they have any conflict between spirit vs flesh, like Saint Augustine described.

Hence I wonder if mainstream people have a soul or not, or if they are just programs in the matrix, or have lower animal-like consciousness like animals and insects do. After all, if you have a soul then you should have "desires of the soul" as well, but many people do not and never talk about it and never mention any such desire or inner conflict. Most people are not introspective even, they do not ponder the meaning of existence or ask questions about God or who their creator is or why they were made, etc. No Chinese or Taiwanese I know for example, are introspective or question the meaning of existence. They are only interested in food and making money and gladly admit it, and they are willing to become slaves for it. They see that as normal and natural and do not fight against it. It's as if they were made to be slaves and collective creatures like ants.

If you go to China, Taiwan or Hong Kong, you will see that virtually everyone there is like this. No joke and no offense. That's what they are and they admit it. To me, they seem totally soulless, devoid of not only soul, but the struggles and desires of the soul as well. They have no inner angst or spiritual issues. Instead, they act very hollow and insect-like and hive-mind like. No offense, but that's what they are. Any observant insightful person who goes to Asia can see that. Especially in workaholic Chinese and Japanese dominated cultures. Stuff like that makes me ashamed to be Asian and realize that I must have a soul from Ancient Greece or Rome or Europe.

So again, can anyone answer my fundamental question: What's the point of making a living if all you do is make a living? If there's no life or freedom or purpose to make a living for, then what's the point of making a living, just so you can pay your bills, eat, sleep and get up the next day to "make a living" again, just so you can do that day after day? What's the point? How does that lead to a "better life" if that's all you do? It makes no sense. Why does no one question it? Why do no other Asians or Chinese question this especially? I know freespirits, hippies, bohemians, counter culture types and truth seekers question such things. But they don't ask the core question that I did above and demand that society give an answer, which again is: "What's the point of making a living everyday if all you do is make a living everyday?"

It all seems designed merely to uphold and profit the system and keep it going. Not to give anyone a purpose or reason for existence. More people need to ask this question for sure and demand that society and its representatives give them a direct logical answer. The real answer is probably ugly, hence why society doesn't answer it and instead just BSes you and distracts you so you don't ask such questions, because the truth isn't good and isn't what people want to hear. This means of course that we are living a lie and not told that we are. That's very sad and unfortunate. That's why it's taboo to talk about it or ask these type of questions.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@momopi
Since you are our official representative from the establishment and status quo and conventional society and materialistic system - which you accept and conform to without any inner angst - then can you answer my questions directly and honestly, without dodging them? Seriously.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

Winston wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 3:03 pm
@momopi
Since you are our official representative from the establishment and status quo and conventional society and materialistic system - which you accept and conform to without any inner angst - then can you answer my questions directly and honestly, without dodging them? Seriously.
A lot of people have the angst deep down. But they are fed with orwellian stories that contradict their experience, such as what I mentioned in the other thread (public education is good, low unemployment = better, inflation = good, war = peace, etc.). As such they develop a public identity where they agree with the hive-mind when they speak even though they don't really believe what they say deep down.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TheLight954 wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Winston wrote:
@momopi
A lot of people have the angst deep down. But they are fed with orwellian stories that contradict their experience, such as what I mentioned in the other thread (public education is good, low unemployment = better, inflation = good, war = peace, etc.). As such they develop a public identity where they agree with the hive-mind when they speak even though they don't really believe what they say deep down.
How would you know? If someone feels a deep angst and refuses to tell you or admit it, how would you ever know? Why wouldn't they be honest about it like we are? Do you feel a deep angst like things are not supposed to be this way?

How come most people I know claim they do not? If they did, they would not be able to tolerate work everyday or being a slave everyday, right? How come Asians such as Chinese seem to tolerate being a slave ok? As if they were ants and bees and want to be slaves by nature. Do you see ants or bees refuse to be slaves? I don't. Do you ever see Chinese protesting against being an economic slave and demanding to be free and liberated from the system? I never see such Chinese. Do you? If not, how do you know they exist?

Isn't it a fallacy to assume that others feel the same way you do? If you ask people, most will not relate right?

TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

Winston wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:09 pm

How would you know? If someone feels a deep angst and refuses to tell you or admit it, how would you ever know? Why wouldn't they be honest about it like we are? Do you feel a deep angst like things are not supposed to be this way?

How come most people I know claim they do not? If they did, they would not be able to tolerate work everyday or being a slave everyday, right? How come Asians such as Chinese seem to tolerate being a slave ok? As if they were ants and bees and want to be slaves by nature. Do you see ants or bees refuse to be slaves? I don't. Do you ever see Chinese protesting against being an economic slave and demanding to be free and liberated from the system? I never see such Chinese. Do you? If not, how do you know they exist?

Isn't it a fallacy to assume that others feel the same way you do? If you ask people, most will not relate right?
Most people I know complain deeply about going to school through their unconscious words (saying stuff like why can't school just end? or yay! school sis cancelled!), but when I actively share with them the idea that school is an oppressive, prison-like environment some people start debating against me (many still agree with me when I ask them but they feel powerless). It feels like there is some vibe deep down that tells them that they do not actually enjoy the activities they're forced to do, but they just feel the need to regurgitate what's socially acceptable.

SImilarly, my Asian parents keep grumbling about how hard they have to work, why they hate globalization because they're squeezed with having to work more for no pay increase, etc.. But they feel like they have to and do not see any way out of the situation and want me to get a good job also. They also agree that being polite is stupid, but that because everyone else in society does it, I have to do it to and I'm wrong and deserve to be yelled at for not. In fact, they accept the contradictory notions that being polite is a stupid social norm, while at the same time that you're an asshole if you're not polite because everyone else is.

Another instance is when I told my mom in private that school was stupid because you use less than 5% of the stuff you get in school when you actually grow up. My mom agreed, but said that I had to go to college to make a living in all that. She then got angry when I told the exact same thing when both my mom and dad where there.

It seems like most Asians just can't think outside the box and find an alternative to the system they're used to even though they agree with you deep down, so they have the sort of rationalize away that it's all for their own good (because the system makes it that way and they can't see that the system is flawed and oppressive). Similar to how most people privately complain about paying taxes but they then rationalize that it's for a good thing because it goes to education (which I don't even believe is doing good right now but just a 12 year prison that acts as a proxy to show you have over an 100 IQ if you pass it and gets you more trusted for jobs), health care, and roads; when in reality a lot of it is going towards inflating the cost of things by stimulating artificial demand, bombing other countries, bailing out crony capitalists, or paying back interest from the debt we incurred earlier. Public polls can't catch what people actually believe (such as whether they enjoy paying taxes or not or if they enjoy their job or not) because a lot of people don't want to publicly admit what they privately feel.

Asians are just better than everyone else at conforming (hence their extremely high test scores; they are best at conforming at the school system); you don't actually know what they think deep down. Just because they say they enjoy an activity doesn't mean they actually do; no more than the fact that just because you're polite doesn't mean that you actually like the person you're talking to.

What is proof that our society has enough productivity to survive on working half the time that we actually are today is that back then women didn't work, and our productivity has only increased since then.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw everyone. Keep something in mind.

In America, you can't just work for a living or work for a paycheck. No way. They expect you to make that job NUMBER ONE in your life and your PRIMARY PURPOSE for living! They expect you to put work as your top priority over all else. You are expected to live to work and that "You are what you do" so that your job is YOUR IDENTITY and that you have no identity or function without a job. You are expected to see your company's needs or employer's needs as YOUR own needs as well, hence you and your company are one. So you are supposed to merge your identity with that of the company, and be part of the collective, a perfect team player.

You see what I'm getting at? Your job is your God in America. It's your reason for living. It's not just a paycheck. That's the work culture in America. You are expected to obey that and conform to it and like that. You aren't given a choice about it. It's the culture and you must conform. You see what I mean?

So you see, work in America isn't really just about "making a living". It's YOUR IDENTITY and YOUR RELIGION and the REASON for your existence. If you don't agree with that, then employers will not hire you, at least not in corporate America. Because those are its values. You are expected to think like that. Otherwise you aren't a good "team player". So what's the purpose of all that? To be a slave and serve the profit system and give your identity and life to the corporate system? Why is that a good thing?

Why is selling your identity, individuality, life and time, for a paycheck, a good thing? I don't see the sense in it. When you think about it, it makes no sense and is insane and doesn't seem to be what God or Mother Nature intended. It feels like the world has been hijacked by parasitic forces.

I'm sure you all know that when you interview for a job in America, you cannot just tell the interviewer that you are there for a paycheck so you can pay your bills only. No way. You gotta act as though the job were the most important thing in the universe, and that you are willing to be a workaholic and are happy being a workaholic if necessary. You gotta act like you are willing to give the job your all and sacrifice everything for it.

Now if you are applying for something menial, like a janitor or waiter, then all you gotta do is show that you will be loyal and dedicated and responsible. However, if you are applying for an important position in a serious corporation for instance, such as a managerial position or someone with an important role in the company, then you gotta show more than just dependability and responsibility. You gotta give the impression that that job will be your religion and purpose for living and that you will be very serious about it and achieve great things in the company. Like you are born to be an overachiever and you take your job very very seriously, like a Japanese samurai takes honor very seriously, more than life itself even. You gotta act as if you live to ACHIEVE and OVERACHIEVE in a career. You gotta act as though you are top notch and will grow the company to new heights, and that you will grow with the company as if it were your life path and life purpose and destiny.

That's what they wanna see. Anything less, and you are disqualified for the position. So work literally is the religion and culture of America. There's no question about it. And of course, you are expected to agree with that. Ironically, in the "land of the free", you are expected to conform and agree with many extreme things and given no choice about it, this is one of them.

My question is, why is that a good thing? Why do you have to find your purpose within the confines of a corporation for profit? Why is that a good thing? Shouldn't you find your own purpose? Why should you be happy to be an ant or worker bee or drone for a company that is for profit only? What if your aren't an insect or drone or robot? What then? Are you allowed to declare that you are a free individual soul? If not, then what's the point of American freedom? What's the point of military service if there's nothing to defend in America and no freedom? It doesn't make sense if you think about it.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

There are a lot of work alcoholics in the United States. Sometimes a persons job forced them to work 60 to 80 hours a week. Other times, a person just works a lot of hours because there is nothing else going on in their life.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

When u see soulless isolating strip malls in the USA dont u start wondering why american soldiers join the military just to defend "all this"? Lol. Wtf? Makes no sense. Whats there to defend? A socially isolating strip mall where people work and consume and dont talk to strangers? How does that inspire people to join the armed forces to defend all that? Its baffling. I always wonder, wtf?!?!?!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
@momopi

I go to work so I can invest in real estate. I enjoy looking at and buying houses, updating the interior, and renting them out for a profit. When I go to open house and see a hidden pantry it makes me happy and go “ooooh!”. Some women likes to collect purses and shoes. Some guys like to collect cars. I like to collect houses. All kinds of shapes, sizes, colors. Purchases in certain locations also gives me access to HOA facilities (pool, gym, tennis court, bbq) and fishing/boating lakes (mission Viejo). I like fishing too.

For those living with parents, you can buy investment property, rent out rooms (if multiple rooms) and keep one room for yourself as bachelor pad. I did this with my first condo and only stayed there on weekends with girls.

If someone else wants to live life like running a hamster wheel, that’s on them. Stop worrying about how other people live to work and focus on your own objective. If you want to get out of your slump in Vegas but don't want to commit to lengthy oversea trip, try short getaways. Download Skyscanner and Hotel tonight on your smartphone. They often have discounted deals on flights and hotel rooms. Check hotels tonight after noon or early afternoon time for discounts.
Last edited by momopi on October 24th, 2018, 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 9:18 am
Winston wrote:
@momopi

I go to work so I can invest in real estate. I enjoy looking at and buying houses, updating the interior, and renting them out for a profit.

When I go to open house and see a hidden pantry it makes me happy and go “ooooh!”.

Some women likes to collect purses and shoes. Some guys like to collect cars. I like to collect houses. All kinds of shapes, sizes, colors. Purchases in certain locations also gives me access to HOA facilities (pool, gym, tennis court, bbq) and fishing/boating lakes (mission Viejo). I like fishing too.

If you live with your parents, you can buy investment property, rent out rooms (if multiple rooms) and keep one room for yourself as bachelor pad. I did this with my first condo and only stayed there on weekends with girls.

If someone else wants to live life like running a hamster wheel, that’s on them.

Now then, perhaps you should stop distracting yourself with this topic and focus on your goal of traveling. Try downloading Skyscanner and hotel tonight apps on your phone or tablet.
Everything about you is why people don't like Asians in the West.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

This song seems appropriate to the thread.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Heh. My tenants like me just fine. I charge below market rate and never raise rent for duration of their stay.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 1:56 pm
Heh. My tenants like me just fine. I charge below market rate and never raise rent for duration of their stay.
But why the hell do we need you in the first place?