Arthur Schopenhauer "On Women" - Cynical but True

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:Ok so the retard wants to reference Scandinavia?

"Young Swedish women demand that their men use the lavatory in a
strictly sedentary posture - partly, I am told, for reasons of
hygiene, but, more crucially, because man standing up to urinate is
deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity and, by extension,
degrading women. I am not taking the pissoir, dear and trusting
reader, this is for real. To micturate from the standing position is
viewed - among more progressive Swedes - as the height of vulgarity
and possibly suggestive of violence. "

Toddle back under whatever rock you crawled out from under, nitwit.
woodwater wrote:
Grunt wrote:You differ little from the average American female.

The average American female is an overt, aggressive attention whore.

You are a passive aggressive attention whore.
Are you a cuckold or what??..wussie??
where did you read such balderdash?
In some sort of USA-is the best country in the world--like propaganda-magazine??

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

You really are a literal retard, aren't you?
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:You really are a literal retard, aren't you?
name calling,the ultimate weapon of the loser..interesting case study..you i mean :lol:
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Schopenhauer's famous essay 'On Women'

Post by momopi »

WWu777 wrote: Absence of genius

Nor can one expect anything else from women if one considers that the most eminent heads of the entire sex have proved incapable of a single truly great, genuine and original achievement in art, or indeed of creating anything at all of lasting value
<snip>
Well, I'm in the computer field, and...

The first programmer was a women, Ada Lovelace, who wrote the code to calculate Bermoulli numbers on Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine before it was even built.

The first compiler for programming language was created by US Navy Rear Admiral Grace Hooper, who also coined the phrase "a ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what a ship is built for" (she's in the Navy, after all).

The first computer operating system developer on mini's (LINC, the first "home" PC) was Mary Alen Wikes.

The first graphical adventure game on PC's was created by Roberta Williams (Sierra Online, King's Quest, etc)

Many elderly operating systems and programming languages, such as COBOL, Smalltalk, etc. all had women on the developer team.

The spanning tree protocol (IEEE 802.1D) used by Ethernet was created by Radia Perlman.

The TCP/IP protocol that we use to connect to the internet today, was developed by Sally Floyd.

==========

You'd find more expert and innovative women programmers than hardware engineers. Engineering is not a popular field with women, but writing the code that use the machines is. At my work, at least half of the application coders are women.
Last edited by momopi on October 7th, 2008, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

woodwater wrote:
name calling,the ultimate weapon of the loser..interesting case study..you i mean :lol:
Perhaps I should have called you a cuckold?

Anyhow, I'm sorry your husband ran off with a Russian girl. Maybe its because you are such a rancid shrieking skank?
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Good points, momopi but lets stop to consider something.

The automobile, submarine, airplane, gunpowder, ballistic rocketry, transistors, etc etc. How many of these "from scratch" staples of modern society were created almost exclusively by a single man or small group or men burning the midnight oil?

Your point, however interesting, are for the most part females standing on the shoulders of greater men. This is much like feminists bitching about how much men suck as they drive in a car engineered and built by men, on roads engineered and built by men, and talking on a phone engineered and built by men.

Put in the most simple of terms, lets take two small islands. Put 20 men on one, and 20 men on the other. In a month the men would have built shelter and crude fishing devices. The females would have killed off half their numbers and devolved into a Lord of The Flies mobocracy.

So, females can (in very rare occasions) create something fairly interesting if they have a man watching over their shoulders or guiding their hands. On their own, they are virtually inert.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:
woodwater wrote:
Perhaps I should have called you a cuckold?

Anyhow, I'm sorry your husband ran off with a Russian girl. Maybe its because you are such a rancid shrieking skank?
Youre so daft you didnt realise im a male you twat!!
Its Winston who dates Russian gals by the way..

Oh..and this forum is for OVER 18s, so get out!! :twisted:
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:Good points, momopi but lets stop to consider something.

The automobile, submarine, airplane, gunpowder, ballistic rocketry, transistors, etc etc. How many of these "from scratch" staples of modern society were created almost exclusively by a single man or small group or men burning the midnight oil?

Your point, however interesting, are for the most part females standing on the shoulders of greater men. This is much like feminists bitching about how much men suck as they drive in a car engineered and built by men, on roads engineered and built by men, and talking on a phone engineered and built by men.

Put in the most simple of terms, lets take two small islands. Put 20 men on one, and 20 men on the other. In a month the men would have built shelter and crude fishing devices. The females would have killed off half their numbers and devolved into a Lord of The Flies mobocracy.

So, females can (in very rare occasions) create something fairly interesting if they have a man watching over their shoulders or guiding their hands. On their own, they are virtually inert.
No,they would of have turned into Nymphomaniacs
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

So when did your boyfriend run off with a Russian girl? Ill bet it was not long ago. And I know why.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:So when did your boyfriend run off with a Russian girl? Ill bet it was not long ago. And I know why.
More teen antics^?
since you think all males are gay like you maybe you would like me to stuff my d..k down your throat?? :twisted:
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

*sniff sniff*

Is that a feminist I smell?

We begin to see why your husband ran off with that Russian hottie.
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

That kind of reminded me of someone who told me this about women:

"Women are astounded by the cellphones they carry. But they care not for who made the cellphones, and what are they made from. It's almost exactly as if a duck was fixed upon a piece of Styrofoam floating on a lake."
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Grunt wrote:*sniff sniff*

Is that a feminist I smell?

We begin to see why your husband ran off with that Russian hottie.
another frustrated yank who cant get hooties so he comes over to cyberspace to get even.
you know how to wank by now dont you? So wank..wank my boy. :twisted:
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

No habla?
wuming
Freshman Poster

Technologically dependent and ignorant

Post by wuming »

wraith wrote:That kind of reminded me of someone who told me this about women:

"Women are astounded by the cellphones they carry. But they care not for who made the cellphones, and what are they made from. It's almost exactly as if a duck was fixed upon a piece of Styrofoam floating on a lake."
Are men really different from women in this regard? Only friends of mine who are science/engineering-trained (well, sometimes business-trained friends too) pause to think about the incredible technology all around them. Even fewer would ever read or think about the ideas that makes marvels like cellphones work: quantum mechanics, lithography, materials science, electromagnetism, boolean logic, and of course, mathematics.

This ridiculous lack of curiosity and awareness is prevalent even though I'm in an academic environment...then again, there's nothing like higher-schooling (not education, mind you) to kill curiosity.