Autodidactic Erudition - Ideas about an Optimal Learning Plan for an Aspiring Intellectual

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Autodidactic Erudition - Ideas about an Optimal Learning Plan for an Aspiring Intellectual

Post by Lucas88 »

If we expand the discussion to include more practical subjects, survival skills and combat training are good choices. Also horticulture and cooking.

Then there are all of the new things that have emerged in the 21st century high-tech age such as programming, digital forms of art creation (e.g., Blender), virtual reality creation (e.g., Unity and Unreal Engine), etc. Gen Z kids seem to know a lot about this kind of stuff. I admit that I'm a bit retro and tend to be somewhat behind with current trends. I'm not much of a nerd or a techy either. A lot of this stuff is quite new to me and I have a lot to learn but I think that it would be useful to learn in this day and age. If I remember correctly, @WilliamSmith mentioned that he has some knowledge of programming and videogame creation. Maybe he could shed some light on what nerdy computer shit is good to learn.

Dating skills and female sexual psychology are also indispensable too. My dad is a boomer and a bumbling beta and so I never had anybody to teach me about how to be successful with women. I was totally clueless about this too for the longest time. I'm sure that I would have benefited greatly from some autodidactic study with the right materials or better yet instruction from a more experienced mentor.

Financial literacy is also a very useful area of knowledge. Most people know very little about financial matters even though it's a central part of our society.