Wise and Witty Quotes

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Wise and Witty Quotes

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 6:06 pm
Great meme that explains one reason why we are misfits in America and similar conformist cultures.

This quote below by Einstein is wise and makes sense and supports my theory and observation too. Often what we think of as coincidences are later revealed to have a purpose after all. Many great spiritual seekers, teachers and authors come to realize this and have noted it in their books and lectures. Perhaps they are right after all in saying that there are no coincidences.

However, in a dualistic universe, both chaos and order must exist because they both define each other by their opposite. Plus no one, not even God, would want to play a game where the outcome was known from the beginning. Every game needs an element of risk, chance and uncertainty otherwise it's not worth playing. I'm sure the gods feel the same way. So it could be that chaos exists at the physical level, but at a higher dimension or level it does not. The universe can also be a paradox of being chaotic yet all be in divine order at the same time, just like everything can come from nothing (a void) which cosmologists now say is possible after all and can be demonstrated mathematically.

This Bible quote supports what I said long ago, that if you gain too much knowledge and wisdom, you will gain sorrow and loneliness too. Dumber people and dogs are usually happier and simpler than complex and knowledgeable people. Truth does not bring happiness, but usually the opposite.

Were finding out now alot of these saying you think were made up by these famous people on the fly were not, they were chereographed into our minds from behind the scences by the ruling class to awe all of us with their all the worlds a stage representation of historical events...
Time to Hide!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Truther quotes about Wiseton, hero founder happy aboard movement and leader bossman forum

"You're probably the most atypical Asian male I've ever met." – Peter, an old Scottish traveler Winston met in Estonia who's been to nearly 100 countries

“I would say that yes, I have not seen even one Asian person like yourself. There are rebellious types and these are often women, and they rebel by joining the American mainstream. Same with Asian guys who start acting “American”. But for an Asian to rebel not only against Asia but against America because it is TOO repressed for your taste, that is really taking the cake. To most Asians America is synonymous with a loud free place where you can shed your inhibitions.” – Ladislav, Chief Advisor of HappierAbroad.com and Author of Expatriate Insights, who speaks 10 languages and been to 30 countries, residing long-term in 9 of them

“As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it.” – Ladislav

“Despite all the flak you get you are certainly an interesting character and probably the most famous (or infamous) self-made Asian on the internet” – Rob, USA, Fan Mail

"Most Asians don't think for themselves. They simply follow the pack. You are one of the exceptions." – Jean, Colorado, Fan Mail

“Winston, you are a White man trapped in an Asian man's body. All the characteristics I associate with Asian men seem to be the opposite of you. You do not do what society tells you to do. You do not work hard just for the sake of working hard. You find White women attractive.” – Jean, Colorado, Fan Mail

“I enjoy your writing and you are one of the most inspiring dudes around. Main thing is you don't give a shit what other people (especially white) say about you - highly unusual, unfortunately, for any race of people, Chinese especially. So your stuff is absolutely awesome.” – John, USA, Fan Mail

“What I also love about this ebook is Winston's philosophical view of the world. I have never in my life seen an Asian guy with such a brilliant, philosophical mind. There have been times when I thought I was crazy thinking the way I was thinking, especially as it pertains to America and its awful, non-inclusive culture. However, after reading Winston's words, I totally feel relieved and vindicated, knowing full and well it's society that is crazy, not me!” – Steve Hoca, Amazon.com Review of Happier Abroad Ebook

“I've met a few Asians that are open minded, but you're probably the most, so I can see why you feel that way...” – Jason Valenti of SasquatchResearch.net

”It’s true I have not met any Asians as freethinking as you, but I assume they exist somewhere.” – Larry Elterman, Expat Author of A Man’s Guide to Life and Love in the Philippines

"Winston, you are very likely the most courageously honest person I've met online, if not in my entire life."

– TheLogicJunkie, a popular YouTube personality and Author of Thou Shalt Not Think

“Hey, you’re pretty cool, very open minded, not like other Asians who are so serious and know exactly what they want. Let’s exchange numbers.” – A punk guy Winston met at the waterfront in Bellingham, WA

“Apparently the only people who were given the ability to think for themselves are those with negative bloodtypes. Want confirmation? Take a look at far-east Asia. 99.99% RH positive blood. Who is their most promising free thinker? Winston Wu. Enough said. What do they value? Work. Work till you drop bitch! Impress your neighbors.” – Odbo, Forum

"You're very inquisitive (very curious, true seeker of knowledge), very intelligent, very different and unique. You're definitely a very special person unlike all the drones around us." – Ssjparris, Forum Private Message

"Winston is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." – Boycottamericanwomen, Forum

“Winston is the only guy who could create such an impressive website (and many more too). Administering and maintaining multiple websites of such gigantic sizes is something that no ordinary person could do. I am thoroughly impressed.” – Falcon, Forum

“Think about how many people sent Winston emotional thank you letters when they discovered his site. Why did they do this? Because his articles presented opinions which were suppressed. Millions of people had them, but they never heard anyone else discuss them, so they were led to believe they were crazy or delusional for having them. If you agree or don't agree with someone's opinion is completely irrelevant. Most westerners are too uncomfortable speaking about politically-incorrect issues in daily life. Society needs to cultivate strong characters with convictions not conformist drones. Without contrary opinions to the popularly accepted ones people aren't given a choice." – Odbo, Forum

"I visited your website, happierabroad.com, and I agree with everything you write. You are my hero! You have spoken truths that many men do not understand. You have broken ground that many men have not... You are an inspiration!" – Mark, Washington DC, Fan Mail

"Many of the things that are said on this site are things you know are true but no one else says." – Peter, Forum

"When I first stumbled across HappierAbroad, I thought this website was full of nonsense. But as I experienced college even more, I soon realized that Winston was right on. When I went to Mexico by myself, I could see that the claims on HappierAbroad were uncannily true. I came across well-written books by academics, such as "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and "The Narcissism Epidemic" (thanks, Steve Neese!), and realized that this is a real-world phenomenon that Winston had recognized long ago, but which academics are only beginning to become aware of." – Falcon, Forum

“One of the reasons I respect you is your ability to think independent of the masses… I can't pinpoint exactly when I came upon your site. But, I do recall, when I did, I instantly thought, "This guy gets it. He's smart, well-read and thinks for himself."” – Xanthin Smith, Author, Entertainer, Filmmaker, Website: ManSmarts.com
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great one.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting quote I saw on YouTube about the Atheist version of Pascal's Wager:

The Atheist's Wager is probably the best counter-point to Pascal's Wager. There's a quote misattributed to Marcus Aurelius that sums it up fairly neatly;

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Winston wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 5:00 am
Interesting quote I saw on YouTube about the Atheist version of Pascal's Wager:

The Atheist's Wager is probably the best counter-point to Pascal's Wager. There's a quote misattributed to Marcus Aurelius that sums it up fairly neatly;

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Wiseton beter safeman than possible go hell so beter follow the pascal way and continue fight aethist in your hero way for we know you contain naturalistic instinctual fight fool aethist left right center
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great quotes from Friedrich Nietzsche.

Friedrich Nietzsche says “One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star”.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who has why to live can bear almost any how."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Alcohol and Christianity are two big narcotics in Europe's history."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

10 life lessons from Friedrich Nietzsche.

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Boredom is peace misunderstood.

Desire is just fear by another name.

Taking drugs and thinking that you are happy is like taking a loan and thinking you have money.

Happiness may be nothing but a lack of imagination.

99% of your worries today will amount to nothing in a few years; mindfulness is how you understand it now.

For most people travel only broadens the photo-album, never the mind.

If you need a degree to do it, it’s not going to make you wealthy.

Inner peace will give you a face lift that money can't buy.

Getting lost is part of getting there.

The best relationships are built when you don’t need them.

Nothing is lost except, eventually, the illusion of ever possessing it.

The fewer words required, the deeper the understanding.

The larger the group, the worse the conversation.

Being right or wrong is always subject to timeframe and perspective.

We are conscious of pain, but not its absence.

If you don’t feel embarrassed by what you wrote a year ago, grow faster.

You can be burnt to ashes by the same fire that nicely warms you.

The difference between sounding smart and being smart is “I don’t know.”

To mistake the name for the thing, that is the danger of philosophy.

Have the drive to achieve a goal in one year, but the patience to achieve it in ten.

Flow is always there. You're just in the way.

The relationship you have with yourself will determine all your other relationships.

You miss the present when you’re scared of missing it.

Suppose nothing is wrong. What do you do, then?

All self-help boils down to "choose long-term over short-term."

Today's sin is tomorrow's alternative lifestyle.

To have better friends, have fewer friends.

A taste of freedom can make you unemployable.

Salt water is and isn't the ocean.

The goal of media is to make every problem, your problem.

You are the only person who remembers your embarrassing moments.

from vinc
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Gali wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 1:40 am

Desire is just fear by another name....
Most of this is stupid.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Cornfed wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 1:54 am
Gali wrote:

Most of this is stupid.
What happened was that someone hired a moderately good writer to write this crap, and he probably did a good job within the time preference allowed. For Christ's sake, don't take this kind of stuff seriously.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Cornfed wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 2:20 am
Cornfed wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 1:54 am
Gali wrote:

Most of this is stupid.
What happened was that someone hired a moderately good writer to write this crap, and he probably did a good job within the time preference allowed. For Christ's sake, don't take this kind of stuff seriously.
Somebody could do a critic and make a yt video or something in that direction. :)
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Life is a trainwreck in slow motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwLien ... e=emb_logo
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So true.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
- Isaac Asimov

adamzampa7575
Freshman Poster

Post by adamzampa7575 »

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Oscar Wilde
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"Negativity is bad, but forced positivity is worse" - Gregor McGregor

So true. That's why most countries are more authentic than America and have more freedom in the sense that they don't force positivity from you and force you to say "I am great" when someone asks "how are you?" No one has the guts to tell you this it seems.