New HA Podcast Shows - Announcements Thread

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Podcast Announcement:

Hi all,
I just did a new podcast interview with Rock's Filipina friend, Ava Paige (who posts on this forum sometimes under that user name) to get a female perspective on things. We talked about dating in the Philippines and living there. Here is the link. Enjoy.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/A ... erview.mp3

Here is a photo of her so you can see who I'm talking to. She said I could post her picture.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does anyone here have time to upload these podcasts to YouTube, along with a link to this site?

If so, it would be very much appreciated.

We need multiple people uploading our podcasts to YouTube for exposure. The conspiracy movement have many people doing that with their podcasts. We need that too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New HA Podcast Shows - Announcements Thread

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just finished recording a 36 minute audio file to be broadcast in segments on the New American Dream Radio Show, about the many reasons to get out of America and go overseas. I did not mention anything about Foreign women vs. American women in this though, because that topic is too taboo for a third party radio show. Instead, I focused on other reasons besides women which are not as taboo. If you want to listen to the whole 36 minute audio file, I uploaded it for you. Here is the link:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/R ... merica.mp3

Also if you missed my interview on their show last July about why America is not a free country, here is the link to that too. I only talked for 10 minutes on it because there were other guests on, but I did manage to list 6 reasons why America is less free than other countries.

http://theshow.newamericandream.info/sh ... im-fetzer/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm doing a podcast interview today with the mgtow group. I'll post the link to it when it's uploaded. Here's the link to listen live at 7pm PST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ap9XPfrrVY

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did anyone listen to it? It was a panel discussion via video chat on Google Hangouts. It should be posted now on YouTube at this link:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check out this cartoon animation of someone doing a podcast with me. It's hilarious. I love the animation of me. LOL. It's part of a video series called "Matt's College Adventures" which I think refers to Matt Hanson on this forum.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Did anyone listen to it? It was a panel discussion via video chat on Google Hangouts. It should be posted now on YouTube at this link:

Winston I am listening to this right now. About 6 minutes into it so far, you sound great. Practice makes perfect I guess.
+1

Please make a thread of all the podcasts. This shouldnt be tucked away under "announcements".
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu is great.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Back in January of this year, I recorded a conversation with Rock and Marissa, my light skinned Filipina friend, in Starbucks at a mall near Angeles City, Philippines. I forgot to upload it and just found it in my files, so I'm going to upload it now. In it, we had a fun relaxed freewheeling discussion about Philippines women and culture, and about living and dating in the Philippines. You can tell in this conversation that Rock is a very knowledgeable, practical and down-to-earth person. His voice is very sincere and his points are very realistic and intelligent. Hope you all enjoy it. Here is the link to listen to it.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/r ... sation.mp3

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Podcast Show About China! Must Hear Roundtable Discussion!

Hi all,
Last night me, Ethan_sg and Bao3niang did an incredible groundbreaking podcast about China's women, culture, authenticity, social harmony and freedoms vs. comparisons with the West. In this roundtable discussion, we reveal a lot of observations, comparisons and experiences which you will never hear in the US media nor the alternative media, based on our FIRSTHAND direct experiences. Hope you all find it interesting and eye-opening and enlightening. And we hope you find it informative enough to decide if China is for you or not. Here is the link. Enjoy.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/c ... eedoms.mp3

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

- The podcast on China is excellent! And I'm only a bit over an hour into it so far.

- Unfortunately, the recording Winston posted right above that one w/Marissa and myself is mostly fluff or a repeat of stuff that's already been said here for years.

- In the China interview, Winston guided the conversation and tempo in a more organized and professional fashion than on any of his other podcasts I've listened to so far.

- Ethan and Baoniang were very informative and structured in the discussion. It's been a long time since I last spent an extended period in China. It was a fantastic update for me and I feel I have a better sense of how things are there now.

- Great compare and contrast job of China vs. USA and developed NE Asia.

- You guys made a fantastic case for China as an ideal place to find a LTR or wife for the western NE Asian man or even other race of first worlder. Baoniang, you specifically said China is better for that than Thailand or even Philippines. Could you give some specific factors and reasons you base that opinion on?

- One thing I would like to see fleshed out as an extension: It sounds like a large percentage of Chinese girls are relatively pure, serious, marriage minded, and down-to-earth. But what about after marriage? How do the tend to be once you wife-em up? I ask cus their are so many horror stories out there about men who get nagged and henpecked by hyper anal Chinese wives. It's pretty much a stereotype. But to paraphrase Winston's quote of Einstein, knowledge, information, and presumably stereotypes are not accurate, only direct experience. Well you guys may not be married. But you may have been in LTR with Chinese women plus you probably meet others there who are, both locals and foreigners.

- Ethan, I would recommend 81 Hotel chain in SP. Some of them are very modern and the rooms have everything you need. They tend to be well located too. Something like $30-40 in Geyland, $50 in Little India/Bugis area, or $60 in Chinatown.

- Just to be devil's advocate, I wanna bring up a few negatives

a. bad treatment of pet like animals in some areas for dog lovers like me

b. A lot of crafty thieves, and more clever and opportunistic than the one's I've noticed in Philippines. My friend in Mianyang had his dalmation tied to the outside of an Internet cafe for just 15 minutes while he was inside checking his email. When he came out, it was gone :( Earlier in year, I had gallstones removed at hospital in Donguan. Since it is public hospital, members of the public can freely roam in and out of the upstairs rooms. While I was recovering there, a well dressed young guy was hanging out in my room (I assumed he was a relative of one of other patients) so paid him no mind. Later the aiyi there told me he was watching me and waiting for me to take a bathroom break so he could grab my Macbook plus Iphone and run. Fortunately, since she noticed him early, she asked him what he was doing which scared him off. Also a lot of minority kids in certain areas are very talented as organized snatchers. You can get a false sense of security since it generally feels very safe, let your guard down, and next thing you know, a bag/phone/laptop disappears.

c. Pain in the ass to use international FB/Google/Yahoo/What's App (a bad and good thing)

d. Lot's of smoking still (cough cough) but fortunately it's mostly males. Guy's often spit all over the place still, even indoors sometimes.

e. Girls may give out contact details easily but getting to dating or even real friendship/trust status is a big step. And if you are non-Chinese/non-NE Asian westerner, it seems you have a lot to prove for those who might give you a chance at all. It's harder to get them to take you seriously I reckon. Even if a girl is open to you as a westerner, she will also consider the attitude of her parents who may be a lot less open to idea of their daughter being involved w/a non-Chinese.

f. In places like Shenzhen and other richer cities, many girls are very busy w/work and a life which is already full. So you need to convince them that you are worth some of their precious time.

GREAT JOB WINSTON, ETHAN, AND BAONIANG. THIS INTERVIEW IS A GREAT PRIMER FOR SOMEONE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHINA AS A HA OPTION.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Hi all,
Everdred just did an interview with Magnum about his life and experiences in Chongqing, China. They did it over skype and then he typed it out into text format on his blog. Here is the link to read it.

http://www.nessthenomad.com/interview-w ... chongqing/

Everdred will also do an interview with me soon too. When its done ill post a link to it in our podcast thread.

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:Announcement:

Hi all,
Everdred just did an interview with Magnum about his life and experiences in Chongqing, China. They did it over skype and then he typed it out into text format on his blog. Here is the link to read it.

http://www.nessthenomad.com/interview-w ... chongqing/

Everdred will also do an interview with me soon too. When its done ill post a link to it in our podcast thread.
I'm totally confused is Everdred the same person as Kainan and Nessthenomad? Who is Magnum? Everdred if this is your blog, you should put all your old trip reports on the blog. I'd also contact Jodi at Legal Nomads. She has a blog with about 20,000 followers which has many photos of food. You take many photos of food so I'm sure she'd be glad for you to do a guest post.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No. Kainan is magnum. Magnum was a guy who used to post here. Do a search for his name. Here is magnums thread about how he got an english teaching job in china.

viewtopic.php?t=22288

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm preparing and converting some new podcasts I did during the last 2 months now. I'll let you know when the links are ready. The new upcoming podcasts are:

1. Two interviews I did with Everdred about our experiences in Asia.
2. A round table discussion I had with AnAmericaninBangkok and Rock while in Thailand.
3. Thailand Trip report by Rock and me.
4. Winston and Ethan_sg's practice interview in China, which he didn't want posted, but I'll ask him to reconsider. lol

However, the podcast files will have to be reviewed first by Rock and AnAmericaninBangkok to see if they want any part of it edited out, before I can post it publicly.

Hope you guys will look forward to all these. They are real and informative.

Btw, I'm surprised very few of you have responded to our last superb podcast we did in China. It was amazing and one-of-a-kind, yet very few of you commented on it, except for Rock. I wonder why. It doesn't make sense. The link is above if you guys missed it. Hope you all listen to it.