Any of you getting this "SQL max_user_connections" error?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you getting this "SQL max_user_connections" error?

Post by Winston »

Do any of you sometimes get this SQL error when you are on the forum?
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
User ?????_phpb1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Or some time of "database timeout" error?

It seems that there are too many user connections on the database, which cause an overload. I googled for a solution but none of them worked or doesn't applied to my PhpMyAdmin panel or SQL version. I guess I will contact my webhost about it to see if they can increase the maximum user connections.

If you see this error sometimes when you try to post, how often does it occur? And how long does it usually last?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Any of you getting this "SQL max_user_connections" error

Post by xiongmao »

Hi Winston,

I've not seen this on HA.

One thing you might want to do is to see if you can rename the standard forum login/register pages. I've just done that on my WordPress blog and it's stopped all the spam user registrations. I added a plugin that renames wp-login to whatever you want (best to make it non-guessable). There might be a similar thing for phpBB.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.