Editing of posts now has a time limit

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did any of you have trouble registering or logging into the forum?

Post by Yohan »

As far as I have seen from other forums, I do not know even one, (except up to now Happier Abroad) which permits unlimited editing of your own comments over years. Most of them give you a few hours to correct your text, but that's it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 3:04 pm
1. Giving posters the right to delete or blank out their posts, because it's their content?

2. Or preserving the integrity of the topic discussions and prevent them from having gaps and blank titles?
What integrity! :)

For over five years now you've allowed idiots like PAG to come in and make rude posts disrupt others' threads and take over the entire forum and you never appointed sharp moderators who would know how to identify trolls and put them in line with the intellectual level of the forum or kick them out.

You've already flunked the 2nd priority, the forum couldn't be more of a mess if you tried so don't even bother trying to address symptoms of the real problems. But it's still alive probably because it still offered some freedom most others didn't. If you get rid of the 1st priority you listed then you'll be getting rid of one of the last positives of this platform and more members will leave.

You allow members to quote the entire posts of others even if they reveal some personal details and they want ownership of that post. So in theory if you make a post and then realize you've made a mistake and you've given too many details about your sex life or another person, even 10 seconds later could be too late. Because people here like drama and will gladly quote you to nitpick every detail about your choices and your choice of words. So that post may stay up for the duration of this whole forum. And others get the message to not post anything interesting because someone will quote it and take it out of context and rip it apart sentence by sentence. Instead of what should be happening, a general response that takes into account the context and the informal writing style of the forum.

And you allow others to edit the posts and pass them off as the originals. So:
Winston wrote:I love my fiancée Diane ! We're going to get married this week!
Becomes
Winston wrote:Edit: I broke up with Diane ! She wasn't a virgin!
Then becomes
Winston wrote:Edit #2: You won't believe it, my wife divorce raped me and now she is suing me for the money I have left. I found out from her lawyer she is going to use what I wrote on this forum as evidence that I compromised her privacy and evidence that I'm a bad parent because I complained about the kids. I need to delete some of my posts and stop posting here!
And if you edit those posts to remove the personal information only meant for current members to read it when it was happened, and you stop posting on the forum, years later the quotes of your blanked out post could become
Winston wrote:
November 12th, 2016, 10:30 am
My mom has a cock! My wife divorced me after she walked in on us! I won't post anymore.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Can't edit my posts.

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 8:26 am
Mercury Winston got angry after darwinsturtle came back and deleted all his posts in an obnoxious manner that took a shit on the forum. Darwinsturtle probably got paranoid being from Australia or New Zealand because in the last two years they've been cracking down on people's freedom of speech but an asshole will always find a reason to act like one.
Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 2:51 am
The administrator has placed a time limit for editing. I'm not sure how long it is, but less than a day probably.
It better be temporary or I'm about done with this ill-managed forum.

I was in the middle of restructuring my bulletin thread but got tired and I didn't finish. I came back in the morning and find I'm locked out :!: So HA is locked down while I'm trying to update the conspiracy theories about the lockdown! I previously updated my list in the 5g thread over 20 times, it was one of the redeeming features of this platform.
Yohan wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:40 am
I understand why he did this, as a member 'Ghost' was suddenly starting without any clear reason to delete all of his comments..
It wasn't only Ghost who did that it was also eurobrat and Tsar and other weak men who took a lot but gave very little and then took their frustration out on the forum. Winston needs to have a mental health section because a lot of members need it. Let's just say countries are not sending their best to HA.
If you didn't finish writing your post, you can always click "Save Draft" in the post form and continue it later. Why didn't you do that?

If anyone here needs the ability to be able to edit their past posts here beyond the 12 hour time limit, please PM me and I'll see if I can edit your permissions so that you can do so.

Otherwise, are most of you ok with the 12 hour time limit on editing posts?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 12:15 pm
Winston wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 3:04 pm
1. Giving posters the right to delete or blank out their posts, because it's their content?

2. Or preserving the integrity of the topic discussions and prevent them from having gaps and blank titles?
What integrity! :)

For over five years now you've allowed idiots like PAG to come in and make rude posts disrupt others' threads and take over the entire forum and you never appointed sharp moderators who would know how to identify trolls and put them in line with the intellectual level of the forum or kick them out.

You've already flunked the 2nd priority, the forum couldn't be more of a mess if you tried so don't even bother trying to address symptoms of the real problems. But it's still alive probably because it still offered some freedom most others didn't. If you get rid of the 1st priority you listed then you'll be getting rid of one of the last positives of this platform and more members will leave.

You allow members to quote the entire posts of others even if they reveal some personal details and they want ownership of that post. So in theory if you make a post and then realize you've made a mistake and you've given too many details about your sex life or another person, even 10 seconds later could be too late. Because people here like drama and will gladly quote you to nitpick every detail about your choices and your choice of words. So that post may stay up for the duration of this whole forum. And others get the message to not post anything interesting because someone will quote it and take it out of context and rip it apart sentence by sentence. Instead of what should be happening, a general response that takes into account the context and the informal writing style of the forum.
The issue of trolls and bad persons here is another issue from the editing of one's own posts. As far as I know PAG only drove away MarcosZeitola, no one else.

Why can't you make sure you want to post something before you post it? Why do you always need to change or update your posts? Why can't you get it right the first time? I don't usually regret the posts that I make. You seem to change your mind a lot. I'll look for a way to allow you to edit your posts. Hold on. I'm still seeking a win win solution here for everyone.

What do you suggest?

Does Roosh allow unlimited editing of posts on his board? Probably not.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:35 pm
As far as I know PAG only drove away MarcosZeitola, no one else.
So we traded Marcos for Pag? :shock:
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:30 pm

No.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Winston wrote:

No.
Why not? You want to edit your old posts? Why?

If anyone agrees, please make it known here, so I can create a special group for you that allows you to edit your posts. As long as you're not crazy like Ghost, Eurobrat or DarwinsTurtle.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:45 pm
Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Winston wrote:

No.
Why not? You want to edit your old posts? Why?

If anyone agrees, please make it known here, so I can create a special group for you that allows you to edit your posts. As long as you're not crazy like Ghost, Eurobrat or DarwinsTurtle.
Because if I happen to say something embarrassing, it would be nice if I could edit it out later. Sometimes it's not obvious when it's first written.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 12:15 pm
HappyGuy, you don't seem to understand something. Just because YOU don't like someone, doesn't mean that person should be banned. That's very subjective. What if someone else here doesn't like you? Should they ask you to be banned too? Do you see how that is? It's like mob rule, like the ship's crew taking over from the captain and committing mutiny and going wherever the wind blows. It's chaos. You need some order and structure here, with rules and laws, like a Republic, not a Democracy. That's why only a Republic is stable, but a Democracy is not.

We can't just ban someone every time someone doesn't like them. If that were the case, everyone would get banned eventually, or at least most. It's so subjective too. Anyone can have an opinion or dislike someone. Doesn't mean they should be banned. People should be banned for a good reason. If you don't like someone, why not put them on ignore? Everyone has a right to free speech. I don't get why you and MarcosZeitola don't understand that. If you don't get along with someone, then ignore him or put him on ignore. Very simple.

You also keep assuming that your opinions are facts. They are not. They are your opinions only. Someone else could think otherwise. You don't seem to remember that. It's a fallacy for you to assume your opinion represents facts or everyone else's.

Thanksfully I'm not that small minded. I can see the big picture and have principles. I need a good REASON to make a change or enact something. Not just a random subjecitve like or dislike of someone or something. You gotta be more reasonable and logical and stable, and less subjective man. Come on.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Editing of posts now has a time limit

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Ok I banned darwinsturtle so he cannot blank out his posts again. It was the only way to prevent him from coming back and doing so.

Now that that threat is over, I went ahead and enabled editing of posts again. So feel free to edit your posts now if you need to. But please don't blank out your posts like Ghost, Eurobrat and Darwinsturtle did. Thanks.

Btw, do you guys see a delete button (should look like an X) next to all your posts too? Or only the recent ones? If only the recent ones, then how long before the delete button disappears from your post? Any idea? I do not see anything in the Admin panel that says when a post can no longer be deleted.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Btw, do you guys see a delete button (should look like an X) next to all your posts too? Or only the recent ones?
I can see the 'edit' button even in my oldest comments more than 6 years ago and it works.
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

HEAH, I A HAVE BEEN GOING NOW FOR A FEW MONTHS AND PROMOTING THE POSTS TO GAIN FOLLOWING FOR MY DOGS BUT NOW WHEN I TRY ITS NOT ALLOWING ME TO PRTOMOTE AND JUSY GETTING STUCK
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

[quote=Winston post_id=338301 time=1589241100 user_id=2
Last edited by Moretorque on January 5th, 2021, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost deleted all his posts because he thought Yick doxxed him even though it was Droid. After that he went berzerk and deleted all his posts. Yes he did it one at a time, you can't edit out all your posts with a click of a button, must have taken hours. Strange guy. I also heard that he gave another reason too, which is that he plans to create a new book with all his posts and so he doesn't want the content to be here for free, whatever that means. That's all I know.

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Winston wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 6:04 pm
Ghost deleted all his posts because he thought Yick doxxed him even though it was Droid. After that he went berzerk and deleted all his posts. Yes he did it one at a time, you can't edit out all your posts with a click of a button, must have taken hours. Strange guy. I also heard that he gave another reason too, which is that he plans to create a new book with all his posts and so he doesn't want the content to be here for free, whatever that means. That's all I know.
I'd pay a fortune for that book, I'm sure it will be a best seller lol.