Editing of posts now has a time limit

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:30 pm
I am on Windows 7-64-bit version (English) and Opera 68.0.3618.63 - using this forum almost daily and I NEVER noticed any problem to log in.

I noticed however after a few days I cannot edit my comments any more.
I had to disable editing because some members were editing out all their posts, including their thread titles, and leaving blank threads in the forum, which looks bad. There's no need to do that, but some do it with hundreds of their posts, like Ghost did.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did any of you have trouble registering or logging into the forum?

Post by Yohan »

I noticed that too and what Ghost did is totally unacceptable. I think however I can edit and correct typing mistakes for a short while, maybe a few hours or so. The 'edit' icon appears, but disappears later on. Not sure about the time limit.
In general I think the forum works well, no problems noticed, nothing missing within the comments etc...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:09 pm
I noticed that too and what Ghost did is totally unacceptable. I think however I can edit and correct typing mistakes for a short while, maybe a few hours or so. The 'edit' icon appears, but disappears later on. Not sure about the time limit.
In general I think the forum works well, no problems noticed, nothing missing within the comments etc...
I set the time limit for 6 hours. How many posts do you need to edit? Do you need to edit them all the time regularly? Or only just this once?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

For me this is OK with 6 hours. Just fine. It is mainly about to read my comment again and to correct some typing mistakes or errors with words and grammar shortly after posting it. - As you know not everybody here is a native English speaker. In my daily life, I rarely use English, neither written nor spoken.

I don't know what other members think about it. It is just a new regulation.
Maybe you should post a warning to all members, that after 6 hours it is not possible to edit anymore.

Again, I fully agree with you - to delete just everything, what Ghost did, is unacceptable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 10:13 pm
For me this is OK with 6 hours. Just fine. It is mainly about to read my comment again and to correct some typing mistakes or errors with words and grammar shortly after posting it. - As you know not everybody here is a native English speaker. In my daily life, I rarely use English, neither written nor spoken.

I don't know what other members think about it. It is just a new regulation.
Maybe you should post a warning to all members, that after 6 hours it is not possible to edit anymore.

Again, I fully agree with you - to delete just everything, what Ghost did, is unacceptable.
You certainly write like a native English speaker. What is your native language? Dont you use English in Thailand?

Ok ill post an announcement about it somewhere.

I don't understand why ghost deleted all his posts though. Thousands of them. Just because youre pissed and down doesnt mean you need to blank out thousands of posts. He seemed so rational. I dont get the logic of that.

I didnt know how to stop it before. Only now did i research how to stop it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I set the time limit on editing posts and deleting posts to 12 hours. Hope that's enough time.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Due to some members editing out all their posts and threads into blanks and removing thread titles, for no reason, other than their craziness, I've put a time limit on editing and deleting one's own posts. I set the time limit on editing posts and deleting posts to 12 hours. Hope that's enough time.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 6:05 am
Announcement:

Due to some members editing out all their posts and threads into blanks and removing thread titles, for no reason, other than their craziness, I've put a time limit on editing and deleting one's own posts. I set the time limit on editing posts and deleting posts to 12 hours. Hope that's enough time.
Dude, what the f**k are you doing and please repost my threads. This is insane. Winston, you are f***ing up.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 6:13 am
Winston wrote:
Announcement:

Dude, what the f**k are you doing and please repost my threads. This is insane. Winston, you are f***ing up.
Which threads are you referring to? What do you mean repost them? I didn't delete any of your threads. What's the problem?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 6:13 am
Winston wrote:
Announcement:
Cornfed, cool down.
Winston did not delete anything.

I think you misunderstood the comment from Winston.

This is mainly about a member 'Ghost' who was deleting 1000s of his OWN comments suddenly out of nothing.
Totally unacceptable behavior.

In future, be careful what you post, as you can edit your comments only for 12 hours. That's all.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What's more important?

1. Giving posters the right to delete or blank out their posts, like Ghost and Eurobrat did, any time they want, without limit, because it's their content?

2. Or preserving the integrity of the topic discussions and prevent them from having gaps and blank titles, which degrade the discussions and make them look bad?

Which is more important? How do you balance these?

Mercury
Junior Poster

Can't edit my posts.

Post by Mercury »

I just noticed the option to edit my posts in the forums is not there.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Can't edit my posts.

Post by Neo »

The administrator has placed a time limit for editing. I'm not sure how long it is, but less than a day probably.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

There is somewhere a message from Winston, I cannot find it just now, where he said the editing time is now set to 12 hours past posting.
I understand why he did this, as a member 'Ghost' was suddenly starting without any clear reason to delete all of his comments...
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@Mercury Winston got angry after darwinsturtle came back and deleted all his posts in an obnoxious manner that took a shit on the forum. Darwinsturtle probably got paranoid being from Australia or New Zealand because in the last two years they've been cracking down on people's freedom of speech but an asshole will always find a reason to act like one.
Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 2:51 am
The administrator has placed a time limit for editing. I'm not sure how long it is, but less than a day probably.
It better be temporary or I'm about done with this ill-managed forum.

I was in the middle of restructuring my bulletin thread but got tired and I didn't finish. I came back in the morning and find I'm locked out :!: So HA is locked down while I'm trying to update the conspiracy theories about the lockdown! I previously updated my list in the 5g thread over 20 times, it was one of the redeeming features of this platform.
Yohan wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 3:40 am
I understand why he did this, as a member 'Ghost' was suddenly starting without any clear reason to delete all of his comments..
It wasn't only Ghost who did that it was also eurobrat and Tsar and other weak men who took a lot but gave very little and then took their frustration out on the forum. Winston needs to have a mental health section because a lot of members need it. Let's just say countries are not sending their best to HA.