New Happier Abroad logos?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

New Happier Abroad logos?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check out the new site logo with the globe in the "o" on the main page:

http://www.happierabroad.com

How does it look? I plan to make a similar logo to put at the top of this forum, in the same colors and style.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

A Happier Abroad logo?

Post by Jackal »

Hi Winston,

I was thinking that your website could use a simple, elegant logo which symbolizes your site's mission (finding happiness abroad, freedom, travel, love, etc.). Your current logo with the "Happier Abroad" text with the ring around the planet as the O is okay, but I think it's possible that a better one could be found.

I don't have any ideas yet what the new logo should be, but I think it should be something that is both simple and unique so that the symbol is instantly recognizable.

The Nike logo has these characteristics, as does the McDonald's logo.

You could look at other corporate logos for inspiration, but be careful not to copy them, so you don't get sued.

Maybe the logo should have one symbol for travel (globe, map, etc.) and one symbol for love (heart, cupid, etc.).

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here. Since you redesigned other parts of the site, maybe you might want to redesign the logo, too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's a great idea. I wondered the same thing before too. But I can't think of any new logo. Nor do I have the graphic design capabilities to create one. lol

But if anyone here has an idea, feel free to share it or design one for us!

I was thinking of having it look something like this though. What do you think? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

Trying to post a logo design that I've posted to Flickr, but it's not working. The IMG tags don't seem to
be woirking at all. All that I get is the code line, eg. Image
but the image doesn't show in this message. What am I doing wrong?[/url]
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

An image URL usually contains a .jpg or .gif at the end of it. A page that contains an image is not an image URL. Try right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image Location" and then pasting it. I'll have a look at the link in the meantime.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok well Flickr has copyrighted the image and will not allow you to copy the image URL nor download it. But you can always do a screen shot of course.

Just go here to view the logo:

Wow so you designed it after the Empire Strikes Back logo. Neat. Can you make it straight rather than slanted? What do you all think of that logo design?

What do you all think of making it like the Star Wars logo?

ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

Winston wrote:Ok well Flickr has copyrighted the image and will not allow you to copy the image URL nor download it. But you can always do a screen shot of course.

Just go here to view the logo:

Wow so you designed it after the Empire Strikes Back logo. Neat. Can you make it straight rather than slanted? What do you all think of that logo design?

What do you all think of making it like the Star Wars logo?

Thanks for the info, Winston. I personally think making the logo like the Star Wars logo might make it
too derivative, maybe too common-place. The logo I posted to my Flickr page was intended to communicate
an idea of fun, travel and sunshine - the sense that there is a better world beyond the borders of North American
and Western European countries. Making the logo look like the Star Wars one might take away from the thematic elements
that would really suit the Happier Abroad site best.

One reason why I loosely designed the logo after the The Empire Strikes Back logo was to see what I could come
up with using your general idea of how the logo should look, and to convey a sense of action and forward motion,
something that I think the original TESB logo does very well.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

"The grass is greener on the other side"
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Image

"The grass is greener on the other side"
What does that have to do with this? Are you saying that changing the logo isn't necessary?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

A picture speaks a thousand words.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:A picture speaks a thousand words.
::::::: scratching head and looking confused :::::::

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

New Logo for HA

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 17th, 2013, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sure, if you want to come up with something, I'll take a look at it. Are you a graphic designer?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 17th, 2013, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

'''