New Happier Abroad logos?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: New Logo

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Winston,

I have designed a new logo. It's still a rough draft, and needs some polishing. I hope you and other members like it. It's very simple but shows the happier and abroad themes, and even the HA letters in it. I can't figure out how to post it here though. It's saved in my pictures on my laptop using paint program. How do I post it?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Winston,

I have designed a new logo. It's still a rough draft, and needs some polishing. I hope you and other members like it. It's very simple but shows the happier and abroad themes, and even the HA letters in it. I can't figure out how to post it here though. It's saved in my pictures on my laptop using paint program. How do I post it?
Oh cool. Can you upload it somewhere and embed the image using the image tags?

If not, then can you upload it into your avatar?

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I don't want to shrink the size for the avatar. Imbedding it here confuses me. Winston, get online on skype, I'll send it to you there. I even have another idea to improve it even more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I don't want to shrink the size for the avatar. Imbedding it here confuses me. Winston, get online on skype, I'll send it to you there. I even have another idea to improve it even more.
I don't have time to go on Skype now. You have to upload it to a website or server and embed it between these tags.

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]
Ok I've enabled you to upload files by PM to me. You can just send the file to me by PM and add it as an attachment.

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

thanks.

This is ridciculous. the file is a png one, and that type of file can't be sent using pm! I'll try on FB.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Winston,

Sent you my 3 versions and an extra version of my original you can play around with on paint if you want. Double small heart eyes is my favorite. They still need polishing.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I've posted my 3 new similar logos on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/will.dowd.14

They took me hours! Please check them out and let me know what your favorite is.

Once I figure out how to post them here I will.

Winston, if you can copy them from fb and post them into this thread please do so.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I've changed my avatar to the latest version of the logo I created. The idea for using the outer curve in the small h to replicate the sideways smiley face came to me suddenly a couple of days ago. The original logo had just 2 square eyes to make the face inside the h, but then I changed the squares to small hearts to get the love theme in. The second logo was was the same as the first but also had a small heart just above the space between the h and a. I will change my avatar to the other versions soon.

Hope you like them, the idea for them came very fast, but took hours to get them right.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I've posted my 3 new similar logos on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/will.dowd.14

They took me hours! Please check them out and let me know what your favorite is.

Once I figure out how to post them here I will.

Winston, if you can copy them from fb and post them into this thread please do so.
Thanks Will. They look great. But why aren't the hearts red? And why isn't the "a" an orange color? And why two hearts?

I can't embed images directly from Facebook. I could before, but they disabled that feature now. But you can always provide a link to it.

I shared your logos in our Facebook group:

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

The two hearts replace the two dots representing eyes in the sideways smile emoticon. But I guess you didn't get that so others might not either. I don't like the orange color, blue and red is a classic combo and adding orange would mess it up. I'll change my avatar now to my favorite version so far. I'll be tweaking them even more to improve them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:The two hearts replace the two dots representing eyes in the sideways smile emoticon. But I guess you didn't get that so others might not either. I don't like the orange color, blue and red is a classic combo and adding orange would mess it up. I'll change my avatar now to my favorite version so far. I'll be tweaking them even more to improve them.
I noticed that after you mentioned it. It looks great. I think an orange "a" would be better though cause it would wrap around a blue globe, and the whole thing would look like a Ying Yang symbol. Especially if you make the two little squares orange too. Then the blue and orange would be entwined, as in the Ying Yang symbol. The thing is, orange is a very positive color connotating creativity, spiritual growth and open-mindedness. So it's an important color.

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I posted yet another version in the HA group on FB. Has the orange a and eyes, but blue h. omitted the red heart, didn't look good with so many colors. We should have a vote on HA to pick the best logo submitted.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I posted yet another version in the HA group on FB. Has the orange a and eyes, but blue h. omitted the red heart, didn't look good with so many colors. We should have a vote on HA to pick the best logo submitted.
That's more like it. But I think it would look better with the red heart above it. The love symbol is important.

What program did you use to make this? Did you draw the letters or type them? It shouldn't have taken hours to make this if you drew the letters and then dragged the graphics into it.

Also, what did you think of the one that Eurobrat made?

I will be using one of them for our favicon too, not just for the forum logo.