New Social Media/Share/Follow Buttons on HA!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How come this forum has so few likes on facebook even though it has a lot of traffic? Are people ashamed to be affiliated with this forum or something? Sheesh. Other sites have thousands of likes. Why do we have so few?

Come on guys, please go to the forum index page and click the Like button at the top. Be proud of our movement!

index.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just created a Google Plus page for HappierAbroad. I'm not sure yet what to do with it yet though. Do I just post updates there regularly and put Google Plus follow buttons on all my sites, and hope it gets shared and promoted around? lol

Anyway, here is the link to it:

https://www.google.com/+happierabroad888

Please go to it and click the Follow button, or Friend us and Share us, or whatever.

Do any of you use Google Plus? If so, let me know if you have any suggestions.

It's kind of a pain to maintain and post updates to Facebook, Twitter, and now Google Plus. I ought to hire someone to do this. Sigh.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I just set up our HA Twitter Page. Here it is. Go to the link below and click Follow to subscribe. Thanks.

http://www.twitter.com/happier_abroad

Also Follow us on:

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757/

Google Plus
https://plus.google.com/+Happierabroad888

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8tiC8I ... Ekw/videos

Vimeo
http://www.vimeo.com/happierabroad/videos

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Updates:

- I've placed follow buttons to all our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and Vimeo, at the top right corner of the forum. You can click on them to follow us there.

- I've changed the share buttons in the header of the forum to buttons that look nicer. Please click on them to share your favorite forum threads.

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Social Media/Share/Follow Buttons on HA!

Post by Winston »

Updates:

I've moved the share buttons to the top right corner of the forum, right above the mailing list sign up box, to make room for the google ads.

The follow us buttons are now on the forum index page in the right sidebar.

index.php

ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston you should start a Pinterest and Instagram page for happierabroad as well to catch the younger crowd. A lot of young people are no longer very active on Facebook. Pinterest is really easy to use and basically acts a storage cloud for anything interesting photos you have, of which you have many. Admittedly a lot of true happier abroaders reject social media and aren't active on it, but still your aim is to give your site more traffic and increase hits too, which will in turn increase your income.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ethan_sg wrote:Winston you should start a Pinterest and Instagram page for happierabroad as well to catch the younger crowd. A lot of young people are no longer very active on Facebook. Pinterest is really easy to use and basically acts a storage cloud for anything interesting photos you have, of which you have many. Admittedly a lot of true happier abroaders reject social media and aren't active on it, but still your aim is to give your site more traffic and increase hits too, which will in turn increase your income.
I considered it before. However, most of our viewers and fans don't use those site. Pininterest and Instagram are mostly used by women and families to share their family photos or travel photos. Single freethinking men don't usually use those sites. So it's not worth my time to bother with them. However, we do have share buttons on this site for people to share our links on Pininterest and Instagram though. I don't have time to maintain anything on those sites anyway, only Facebook and Twitter. I don't even bother with Google Plus anymore, very few people use it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, if you want to attact more views to your topic or any topic here, you can easily share a topic thread here on our Facebook group (which now has over a thousand members) using the share buttons above. Heres how.

1. First you gotta join our FB group of course. Go to www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2 and subscribe and wait to be approved.
2. Then go to the forum topic page that you want to share.
3. Click on the F facebook button above in the social media buttons below the banner in the header.
4. A pop up will appear from Facebook. It will have the title of the topic page in it. Where it says "share on your timeline" select "share in group". Then type "hap" and the HA group will automatically appear under the field if you're a member so you dont have to type it all out. Select it.
5. Write a comment in the comment section if you want.
6. Click submit. When the post is submitted the pop up will disappear.

You can follow the same steps to share on your Twitter page too. However Twitter posts are very limited and you can only write a few words in them.

Happy sharing,
Winston