Smart Phones - Questions and Discussion

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Smart Phones - Questions and Discussion

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:57 am
Why does the universe put us in Catch 22 situations like this? Is it a test? How are we supposed to deal with it?
Probably you are being punished for your sins in a previous life. The way to deal with it is accept the punishment and make sure you don't do something bad between now and death that will cause you to be reborn with an even worse fate.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Finally got a response from Xiaomi Hong Kong:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for inquiry.
This is Hongkong customer service centre.We only accept products authorized by Hong Kong official authorized channels (Hong Kong MI, Hong Kong Xiaomi official website and CSL), you can also find product anti-counterfeiting inquiries on the lower left of Xiaomi Hong Kong official website to check whether your mobile phone is genuine Hong Kong, if not genuine The repair center will not accept the after-sales service of the product. If you need to repair, please bring the purchase vouchers (such as documents, order numbers, receipts, etc.) to the repair center for testing. Non-human performance failures during the warranty period are repaired for free. The product condition is subject to the engineer's test results and the treatment plan provided.
Xiaomi authorized exclusive service center
Business hours: Monday to Saturday 11:00-20:00 Closed on Sundays and public holidays
Address information: Room 03,05-06, 20th Floor, Hollywood Business Center, Mong Kok
Phone number: +852 3104 1078

Thank you for your support and attention towards XiaoMi.

Any other questions,please feel free to contact us:service.hk@xiaomi.com .

Best Regards.
The thing is, the ebay seller has all the receipts and documents, so it looks like I would have to send the phone back to the seller if I wanted to use the warranty. But what if he vanishes? Geez. There's also something on Ebay called Squaretrade that covers the phones for two years. It seems like a good deal, but not every phone seller offers it in their auction page.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 4:21 am
Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:57 am
Why does the universe put us in Catch 22 situations like this? Is it a test? How are we supposed to deal with it?
Probably you are being punished for your sins in a previous life. The way to deal with it is accept the punishment and make sure you don't do something bad between now and death that will cause you to be reborn with an even worse fate.
Gee that sounds so fatalistic. lol. I thought you Americans all believe that destiny is in our hands, and that fate doesn't exist, and that everything is up to us and that we are the master of our own fates? lol. At least that's what Americans always like to believe, and often say.

Or if one has bad karma, then one can accumulate good karma by helping others, forgiving others, showing sympathy and compassion, etc. Like it says in these teachings and lessons of Liao Fan:

Liao Fan Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVNdwzbUwDw

Liao Fan Audiobook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72C3WFW_Fmo
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

iphone vs android comparison

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone wants a phone that's perfect for travelers and inexpensive, this is perfect for you. The Poco M3, designed by Xiaomi, a high quality inexpensive phone brand from China that keeps its prices down and spends all its money on innovation, not advertising. The Poco M3 is perfect for travelers because it has a 6000 mah battery life, which is huge and means you will never have to worry about running out of battery while on the road. Even the newer flagship phones only have 5000 mah battery life, not 6000. Plus it has dual stereo speakers (at the bottom and top) so you can play music in good loud stero quality. And its hardware is good quality, smooth and stable, like iphone is. My Xiaomi phone has been the most smooth and stable phone I've ever had, not perfect but much better than other brands, including Samsung.

The only drawback to the Poco M3 is that it doesn't have that ultrawide camera that many new phones have, but I don't think that's a big deal and not really necessary. Plus the ultra wide shots tend to not be good quality anyway.

Here is the Poco M3 on Amazon.com for a little over $200. If you are in Asia, you can get it at online malls -- since it's out of production and no longer available on the Poco or Xiaomi website -- for cheaper than that, around $130 if you get the version with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM. It seems that US sellers of Xiaomi phones mark up the price by adding an extra $100 to the market value, which sucks. There's also a version with 128 GB ROM too.

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Smartphon ... B08N59PPTG

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-M3-Smartp ... B08P4MHKY9

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-M3-Smartp ... B08P4MHXFV

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-M3-Smartp ... MVMDF?th=1

You can also get it on Ebay, but the Ebay sellers also mark up the price by 100 or 150 dollars over the market value, so they are quite greedy.

Here are two good reviews for the Poco M3 by the top phone reviewers on YouTube, such as GSM Arena.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Apparently there is now a way to remove bloatware from your phone without having to root it, using free online programs. See the instructions below.

How to remove bloatware for XIaomi phones.

R. William
Freshman Poster

Post by R. William »

This topic helps me a lot! Thanks
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Those links have since died or the phones are no longer available. However if you go on Amazon and search for Android phone or smart phone you will find the latest available. You can get them rather cheap now depending on specs.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 11th, 2022, 8:01 am
Those links have since died or the phones are no longer available. However if you go on Amazon and search for Android phone or smart phone you will find the latest available. You can get them rather cheap now depending on specs.
You can try ebay too. Or other Amazon links.

Yes the new phones have more RAM and storage. However the newer Xiaomi phones only have 5000 mah battery, not 6000 mah like the ones I mentioned, and the stereo speakers aren't as good as the phones I recommended, becausae usually top speaker is weak and lower quality, and only the bottom speaker is good. Hence you don't get a true stereo dual speaker experience. I watched the reviews on GSMArena.com and their YouTube channel for all the latest models. So the newer models don't have the features I wanted. For me the speakers and battery life are the most important. Not the RAM or internal storage.

The RAM thing could be a scam too, because no matter how much RAM you have, the system always uses half of it and a mysterious "Other" category in your phone uses up even more. So it could be a scam and marketing trick where they just change the numbers to make it look higher, but there's really not much difference.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Xiaomi just came out with a new phone this month that has the same hardware quality as the latest iphone, which can play the heaviest games such as Genshin Impact and PubG, smoothly and flawlessly without lag, but only costs $300! Wow. It also has an all new operating system called HyperOS which replaces the MIUI OS. It's called the Poco X6 Pro. It also has amazing cooling technology so it never overheats during gaming. And it has an amazing AMOLED display that goes up to 1800 nits peak. And the stereo speakers have Dolby Atmos included in it too, for enhanced sound quality.

The only drawback is that it doesn't have an SD card slot to expand storage, but there is a model with 512 GB storage and 12 GB RAM, so you shouldn't need to expand the storage if you get that model. It also comes with 8 RAM and 256 storage too, which is also plenty of RAM and storage. It also has 5G too so it's future proof. There is also no headphone jack, so you have to use a USB C wired headphone for it if you don't want to use bluetooth headphones. This phone is considered a mid-range phone, but is a flagship killer and game changer! It comes in a beautiful yellow color too, which is the Poco signature color. See below. So if you are looking for a new phone, this one is perfect and not that expensive either!

Check out the review below by a cute Indian chick who is a top phone reviewer on YouTube. Isn't she really cute? lol

GSMArena also just came out with a review of this amazing all new phone that is a game changer and a flagship killer!

See specs here:

https://www.po.co/global/product/poco-x6-pro/

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco_x6_pro-12717.php

HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyDany »

That’s an awesome phone. I don’t mind the phone not having an SD card as long as the phone has a big enough internal storage. And you’re right about the Indian chick reviewer, she is really cute!
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

What do you guys think about purchasing the used phone. Instead of spending lots of cash on last Iphone Pro, i was thinking to get used one in a good condition, here for example. The reviews about that shop is great and they have a decent choice of products. What do you think of this idea? Did someone have a similar experience before?