For those in China who need a VPN

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

kennethhall250
Freshman Poster

Re: For those in China who need a VPN

Post by kennethhall250 »

Opera is a free resource, I will not recommend you to use free stuff for online security purpose. You should go with paid VPNs such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN or Surfshark. In these VPNs, Surfshark would be better for you as its pricing plans because it offers a whopping 85% discount on its 24 months plan. You will have to pay only $1.99 per month. For more details of this VPN, read here.

Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

NordVPN is the way. I sometimes use AirVPN based out of Italy as well
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

I am in China now and using ExpressVPN. It's been incredibly hit or miss recently.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

CannedHam wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 7:38 pm
I am in China now and using ExpressVPN. It's been incredibly hit or miss recently.
NordVPN to HK and Taiwanese servers worked for me on a Shanghai layover.
NordVPN on Linux and Android OS's are best IMHO.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 6:02 pm
CannedHam wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 7:38 pm
NordVPN to HK and Taiwanese servers worked for me on a Shanghai layover.
NordVPN on Linux and Android OS's are best IMHO.
When was this? I just recently read on another China forum that NordVPN has been unusable for the last month or so (since the 70th anniversary of the PRC). ExpressVPN on my laptop has been super flaky and pretty much unusable on my android phone. It's beyond irritating.

As an emergency fallback I can use my unlimited 2G (yuck) data on my cell for things like checking GMail, using Google, etc.
zubairkhanzhk
Freshman Poster

Post by zubairkhanzhk »

kennethhall250 wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 5:09 am
Opera is a free resource, I will not recommend you to use free stuff for online security purpose. You should go with paid VPNs such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN or Surfshark. In these VPNs, Surfshark would be better for you as its pricing plans because it offers a whopping 85% discount on its 24 months plan. You will have to pay only $1.99 per month. For more details of this VPN, read here.
Yes, you are right SurfVPN is perfect VPN with reasonable price; although it is a new VPN in the market they it is offering some outstanding features. However, I am using surfshark for the last 7 months, and it is working excellent.