Windows vs. Linux - Which is better?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Windows vs. Linux - Which is better?

Post by TruthSeeker »

I've tried Ubuntu and I much prefer Windows. Ubuntu is good for browsing the internet, etc. but I don't think there is too much software available if you need to do other things as Gali pointed out.

When I bought my laptop it came with Windows preinstalled but I know someone who had to download Windows and there's a watermark if you don't pay.

I recently checked to see if my machine is compatible with Windows 11 and it's not though I think there's a workaround.

I don't think I'm going to install Windows 11 as Windows 10 works fine. I don't really see any improvement except cosmetic.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Windows vs. Linux - Which is better?

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 4:46 am
Winston wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 4:30 am
I got Linux to work on my laptop by putting it on a usb drive and booting it from there. Here is what I noticed.

I noticed that it was fast and smooth. When searching for files in its window, the search results came up instantly, not like in Windows where searching for files takes a long slow time. Why is that? Why can't Microsoft Windows bring up search results instantaneously like Linux does? Why does Bill Gates suck like that? Isn't he supposed to be a genius? If so, why can't he makes Windows fast and efficient like Linux is? Anyone know? Does Gates like to deliberately frustrate people? Isn't he a genius? Why doesn't he focus on speed and efficiency? And how could a FREE operating system be better than his multi-billion dollar corporation?

Can anyone explain? Also why doesn't everyone just switch to LInux and put Microsoft out of business? How can Microsoft compete with free and better software? Any idea?
So you could have the answers in 1 second.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/forget-linux-use-windows/
Are you serious? Windows 10 totally sucks. I can't even open a small image file without it hanging for a while, even if it's a 30kb image file. The previous versions of Windows never had that problem. Even Windows 95 and Windows NT could open an image fast. But Windows 10 hangs even for the smallest image. Why? There's just no excuse for that. None at all. Everything hangs, even the smallest task. Even when I right click and try to rename a file, it often hangs for a while before it opens up the selection menu. No excuse for that. Even in the 1990s Windows did not do that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne