Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. Here are some commands you can run from CMD prompt in DOS to check your system files and repair them if they are corrupt. I didn't know you could do this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 5b60477a93
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Post by Moretorque »

Thankyou Mr.Wu..
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is it better just to use Linux? Can you install Linux without uninstalling Windows so that yo can use both whenever you want to?

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4094

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-install-linux/

https://www.howtogeek.com/192462/linux- ... -its-easy/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I have an old 4 GB ram computer that is slow. It's not slow on 16 or even 8 GBs of Ram, the two other computers I use. It could be your RAM or microprocessor. Ram is usually upgradable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you noticed that when you try to open an image on Windows 10 it takes forever? I never seen that before in any version of Windows. Not even in the 1990s. How can that be? WTF is going on? How can Windows 10 be slower than Windows 95 when opening up a image like a JPG file? It takes forever. I usually have to leave it running in the background while I do other things and wait while it loads up. Am I doing something wrong? Do any of you experience this too?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I also found that if you use cleaning programs such as Advanced System Care and CCleaner regularly, they will help your Windows run faster too. Those programs are free, and you can easily find them online. However you have to keep using them every week and they keep sending you annoying notifications to upgrade and update. The updates are a scam, because they contain nothing new, only notifications to purchase the paid version, and they come every week. But they do help speed up your computer and free up RAM.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I just uninstalled a ton of bloatware on my HP laptop. And moved a lot of games i dont play to my external hard drive. So my laptop has a ton of free space now. Yet it still hangs and lags a lot and has a stuck hourglass even when doing trivial tasks like renaming files or opening small photos. Thats not acceptable. Even computers in the 1990s were not that slow. Wtf is going on? Does your Windows 10 do this too? I thought HP was a good brand?

I could be one of those people that makes computers slow. Every computer i have had has been slow and lagging. The US air force said that this is a real phenomenon and that some pilots do cause the F-16 computers in the cockpit to malfunction. So this isn't some superstition. Some people really do cause electronics to malfunction even if they are brand new. Its a repeatable and consistent phenomenon.

My HP laptop was lagging and freezing like this when it was new out of the box too. Not just over time.

Is it because windows 10 is corrupt and a resource hog? Or because my 4GB RAM isnt enough? Would upgrading to 8GB RAM solve this problem? I was thinking of reinstalling windows and resetting it. But i doubt that would help right? Since it was slow and lagging when it was new out of the box. So it would probably be a waste of time to spend hours reinstalling windows and having to reinstall all apps too. And everything on the computer takes so long nowadays. Its like time is shrinking and u cant get things done like u could in the 80s and 90s.

What u think?

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 2:45 am
Update:

I just uninstalled a ton of bloatware on my HP laptop. And moved a lot of games i dont play to my external hard drive. So my laptop has a ton of free space now. Yet it still hangs and lags a lot and has a stuck hourglass even when doing trivial tasks like renaming files or opening small photos. Thats not acceptable. Even computers in the 1990s were not that slow. Wtf is going on? Does your Windows 10 do this too? I thought HP was a good brand?

I could be one of those people that makes computers slow. Every computer i have had has been slow and lagging. The US air force said that this is a real phenomenon and that some pilots do cause the F-16 computers in the cockpit to malfunction. So this isn't some superstition. Some people really do cause electronics to malfunction even if they are brand new. Its a repeatable and consistent phenomenon.

My HP laptop was lagging and freezing like this when it was new out of the box too. Not just over time.

Is it because windows 10 is corrupt and a resource hog? Or because my 4GB RAM isnt enough? Would upgrading to 8GB RAM solve this problem? I was thinking of reinstalling windows and resetting it. But i doubt that would help right? Since it was slow and lagging when it was new out of the box. So it would probably be a waste of time to spend hours reinstalling windows and having to reinstall all apps too. And everything on the computer takes so long nowadays. Its like time is shrinking and u cant get things done like u could in the 80s and 90s.

What u think?
I know why you have your problems.

Dein Computer ist scheißer!

1. You got the worst possible brand of computer
2. You got the lowest RAM possible in a computer

You need 8GB of RAM minimum. 16GB of RAM minimum if you do any multitasking or gaming or have any memory intensive programs.

Also, never buy a HP.

Your only solution is to get a better computer or you will never have a good performance. If you don't, you will be stuck with your scheißer computer.

An upgrade to 8GB of RAM might help with your performance but I can't be sure. HP computers are the worst. I never owned one but I have some experience with them.

In the future, buy a gaming laptop or gaming computer. Even if you don't do gaming, it will give you great performance and better performance than regular computers.

If you buy a good computer, it will last for 5 years minimum with no performance issues. With cryptocurrency mining and inflation, expect to pay US $1,500-$2,000 for a good (above average) laptop (in the EU). $2,000 in the US or UK. Not sure about Asian prices.

A good rule of shopping is to buy quality products because if the product is low quality then it isn't a good product. I always buy at least above average products because anything that is below average isn't worth buying. Especially when it comes to electronics. Never buy cheap electronics because they're cheap for a reason.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Let's say you don't do gaming or use high intensive programs or serious multitasking...

You can get an Intel i5 with 8GB RAM and be fine.

I personally won't get a computer if it isn't Intel i7 minimum with 16GB RAM minimum.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Also, try to get a computer with a Nvidia dedicated graphics card.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:
Update:

What u think?
Winston! My son!

Daddy think you need to uninstall bloatware -- from your brain!!!

Then you don't be slow and freeze!! Like fat guy!!!

Listen to Daddy!!!

Love,
Your Daddy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Tsar wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 8:32 am
Winston wrote:
Update:

What u think?
I know why you have your problems.

Dein Computer ist scheißer!

1. You got the worst possible brand of computer
2. You got the lowest RAM possible in a computer

You need 8GB of RAM minimum. 16GB of RAM minimum if you do any multitasking or gaming or have any memory intensive programs.

Also, never buy a HP.

Your only solution is to get a better computer or you will never have a good performance. If you don't, you will be stuck with your scheißer computer.

An upgrade to 8GB of RAM might help with your performance but I can't be sure. HP computers are the worst. I never owned one but I have some experience with them.

In the future, buy a gaming laptop or gaming computer. Even if you don't do gaming, it will give you great performance and better performance than regular computers.

If you buy a good computer, it will last for 5 years minimum with no performance issues. With cryptocurrency mining and inflation, expect to pay US $1,500-$2,000 for a good (above average) laptop (in the EU). $2,000 in the US or UK. Not sure about Asian prices.

A good rule of shopping is to buy quality products because if the product is low quality then it isn't a good product. I always buy at least above average products because anything that is below average isn't worth buying. Especially when it comes to electronics. Never buy cheap electronics because they're cheap for a reason.
What are you talking about? Isn't HP a good brand? Why is it everywhere then? It must be a decent brand at least. Why are your standards so astronomically high for everything? No one needs to pay $1500 for a laptop. Come on. Why do white guys like to overinflate numbers? Very weird and illogical. You can get a decent laptop with good specs for $300. Mine cost only $240 or something. $1500 is if you wanna buy a Mac laptop. No need. That's overkill and if you break it or lose it, you lose a lot. That's stupid. Walmart has plenty of decent laptops for $250 and up. No need to go to 1k or 2k. Are you crazy? I prefer to keep things expendable. Why be a geek and buy the most expensive one? That's shallow and geekish.

4 GB RAM used to be very high, more than anyone needed. You say you need 8 GM RAM now. Next time it will be even more. When is enough? Geez. 2 GB RAM used to be plenty too. Why do you white guys get off on increasing numbers all the time? I hate that. Keep things simple man.

I only play older games from 2011 and before. They don't need that much memory. I don't play any of those newer games or RPGs or MMORPGs or whatever.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
November 22nd, 2021, 10:14 am
What are you talking about? Isn't HP a good brand? Why is it everywhere then? It must be a decent brand at least. Why are your standards so astronomically high for everything? No one needs to pay $1500 for a laptop. Come on. Why do white guys like to overinflate numbers? Very weird and illogical. You can get a decent laptop with good specs for $300. Mine cost only $240 or something. $1500 is if you wanna buy a Mac laptop. No need. That's overkill and if you break it or lose it, you lose a lot. That's stupid. Walmart has plenty of decent laptops for $250 and up. No need to go to 1k or 2k. Are you crazy? I prefer to keep things expendable. Why be a geek and buy the most expensive one? That's shallow and geekish.

4 GB RAM used to be very high, more than anyone needed. You say you need 8 GM RAM now. Next time it will be even more. When is enough? Geez. 2 GB RAM used to be plenty too. Why do you white guys get off on increasing numbers all the time? I hate that. Keep things simple man.

I only play older games from 2011 and before. They don't need that much memory. I don't play any of those newer games or RPGs or MMORPGs or whatever.
It's because the programs, software, and data requirements are becoming greater. 2GB in the 1990s was like 4GB in the 2000s, and 8GBs in the 2010s.

Anyone on a software website can say that's true.

Technology increasing is what increases the requirements. Any laptop that costs $300 will have terrible specs and be tiny.

Everytime I purchased something "cheap" it usually broke if it was an electronic or wasn't that great.

Cheap things are everywhere because people are broke and think about buying something immediately. It's great for the businesses because it's higher profit and it will break easier or not last as long.

If someone buys quality it lasts longer. It's why things in Europe and Japan are usually higher quality but many things in the US are lower quality.

i3, i5, i7 Processor

4, 8, 16, 32, 64 GB RAM

HDD vs SSD

500GB, 1TB, 2TB storage capacity

AMD vs Nvidia

Integrated vs Dedicated graphics

11, 13, 15, 17 inch laptop screen size

The specs determine the price of a laptop.

Something inexpensive is fine for travel if the odds of it getting stolen are high or if people use pre-2010 software only and nothing too memory intensive.

Buying quality ultimately saves money long-term but buying inexpensive costs more long-term. That's one reason why America is really deteriorating compared to other similar nations.

Buying an expensive laptop wouldn't be worth it for some people because they might not need the better specs it would have at the higher prices.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But Tsar, you can get a laptop with 8 GB RAM for $300. No need for $1500. That's crazy. I'm sure upgrading my RAM to 8 GB won't cost much either. Not sure if it will make much difference though, because the laptop was slow to begin with even when new. I never seen that before. Usually new laptops are fast and smooth. I'm sure the RAM will help a little. The laptop is ok as long as I don't have too many browser tabs open. But more than 4 and it starts to hang, even for little things like renaming files or opening small image files. That's unacceptable. Windows never used to be that slow. Do any of you experience this too? How can HP suck? It's a big brand.

Btw cheap is not always low quality. Some electronics are cheap but very good quality, like Xiaomi phones for example. Everyone who has one, including me, says they are great. You can get a good one for $150 yet it's good quality. So you can't generalize and say that anything low priced must be low quality.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
November 22nd, 2021, 10:49 am
But Tsar, you can get a laptop with 8 GB RAM for $300. No need for $1500. That's crazy. I'm sure upgrading my RAM to 8 GB won't cost much either. Not sure if it will make much difference though, because the laptop was slow to begin with even when new. I never seen that before. Usually new laptops are fast and smooth. I'm sure the RAM will help a little. The laptop is ok as long as I don't have too many browser tabs open. But more than 4 and it starts to hang, even for little things like renaming files or opening small image files. That's unacceptable. Windows never used to be that slow. Do any of you experience this too? How can HP suck? It's a big brand.

Btw cheap is not always low quality. Some electronics are cheap but very good quality, like Xiaomi phones for example. Everyone who has one, including me, says they are great. You can get a good one for $150 yet it's good quality. So you can't generalize and say that anything low priced must be low quality.
There's a difference between cheap and inexpensive. Something quality can be inexpensive but quality is never cheap.

I almost have 200-500 web tabs open, plus music, maybe streaming, and trading programs, plus VPNs and geospoofing, plus all sorts of other programs running so for someone like me 16 GB with an i7 processor is mandatory if I want to do that extreme multitasking. But most people don't really do intensive multitasking.

I had a low-cost $300 laptop as an extra but it wasn't suitable for much besides streaming or light web browsing.