Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) drop and how to bring it back?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Re: DDOS Cyber Attacks on the Forum?

Post by Winston »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Shemp wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 2:14 am
Everyone at SwoopTheWorld is laughing at the garish new RVF. Who cares about all that SEO crap if the garish interface drives off all the quality posters? Anyway, selling ads is no way to get rich unless readership is really huge, and it never will be here.

Maybe Winston should try selling consulting services for second passports by investment to guys like Contrarian Expat. CE appears to have pension money thanks to his 30 years of ass kissing as a flunky civil servant, so best hurry up and get there before someone else does the separating of money from fool.
SwoopTheWorld? That's a total retard farm https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/wha ... comment-59 :lol: that site is going no where.

Anyway, that is why I said this site needs to be rebuilt. My software would actully be perfect here.
What software? You own software or created one? Where? Can we see it? Do you mean forum software or another kind?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 8:18 pm
I have Shemp's posts on ignore. So when I see my name quoted in his post here, I'm tickled that he is STILL obsessed with me, my professional background and my wealth. I'm sorry that my 6-figure pension and my 6-figures of passive income streams bother you so darn much. :mrgreen:

By the way, if a Paraguayan passport sends you into a tizzy so much (why I don't know), I would hate to see your reaction if I disclosed here how many other residencies and passports I have already.

Gotta love my forum fanboys. :lol:
I also read Dan Cilley's posts with interest. Doesn't mean I'm a fanboy or obsessed by either CE or DanC. I simply find mental illness interesting: delusions of grandeur in the case of CE.

Why would I be impressed by CE's wealth when I'm almost certainly much wealthier than him? My professional accomplishments are also more impressive than those of CE, since I obtained my wealth primarily from running a successful software business and retired at age 38, whereas CE's wealth is primarily from doing 30 years boring labor as an ass-kissing government flunky. Finally, as explained in the Paraguay visa threads, extra passports and permanent residencies are unnecessary to me when I can easily get a 90 days tourist visa for most countries, with no long term commitment involved, or I can easily buy temporary residency in the one foreign country where I might eventually want to stay more than 90 days (Ukraine). My reaction upon seeing CE's collection of passports and residencies would likely be: "what a lot of time and effort to acquire this mess, what a lot of renewals to keep track of, so much simpler to have just my USA passport that does everything I want".
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

StanfordGuy wrote:

SwoopTheWorld? ...that site is going no where. Anyway, that is why I said this site needs to be rebuilt. My software would actully be perfect here.
There is no money in forums. Period.@Winston should treat this forum as his private club, a substitute for real life meetings with other guys, a place to brainstorm, etc. It doesn't matter if the forum is properly indexed and ranked by search engines. In fact, there is something to be said fur hiding the forum from non-members, given what a politically incorrect dumpster fire it often turns into.

The real money is in tours associated with dating and sex, such as some of those on PAG's site: https://culturewhiz.org/experiences. In particular, as I previously noted at SwoopTheWorld, back before they banned me for admitting to being a sugar daddy, the $60 nightlife and beach tours with Alexandra are likely to sell very well. (The $100 half-hour life coaching with PAG himself, on the other hand, is just absurd.)

The thing I like in PAG's "experiences" is that there is low commitment. $60 for one nightlife tour with Alexandra is not much money. If customers like that, then maybe they try anther tour. Then maybe a private consultation to address dating problems. Then maybe referral fees to get introduced to recommended physical therapists, dentists, wardrobe consultants, cosmetic surgeons, etc. High volume with moderate profit per customer transaction is better than trying to rip guys off like Marc Davis does with his $5000/week dating tours.

I suggest Winston get into business of being a tour guide himself, because he has an outgoing and likeable personality. However, he should always work together with one or more pretty young women as his assistant tour guides, and all photos should show him and the assistants together. Something like "Winston Wu's World Famous Secrets of Angeles City tour, hosted by Winston Wu himself together with his lovely assistants XXX and YYY". Then maybe similar tours of Kyiv, so he'd be competing with PAG.

What you does on these tours is up to you. You don't want legal trouble, so you shouldn't act as a pimp or take people to brothels yourself. But nothing says you can't make prior arrangements with taxi cab drivers and have them take guys to 3 or so brothels: start with the junky one, then the okay one, then the good one. That way guys feel like they had a long tour and got their money's worth, and that the taxi driver was looking out for them by getting them out of the junky brothel ASAP. (You might need to give the taxi driver some money to tip the mamasan at the first two brothels for wasting her time without taking any of the girls, or maybe have the taxi driver tip at all the brothels if the guy chickens out at the good brothel too.)

You can also do tours in that are more dating related. For example, bring a group of guys to the Kyiv ballet, then you strike up conversion with groups of women there asking if any of them speak English. Or tours that are related to retiring abroad.

Once you've figured out what sorts of tours you want to offer, then you need to redo the website (not the forum, but the website itself) to show up on the search engines better. In particular, you need to rewrite all the articles to make them up to date, get rid of junk articles, then find someone who understands SEO to help get good articles indexed. Articles are what will attract people to the tour services, not this stupid forum full of crazies and trolls and pissing matches between people with too much time on their hands. The forum should be your hobby or source of inspiration, not your money maker.

Somewhere else you asked about Google and Facebook logins. I think you should disassociate yourself as much as possible from those behemoths and create your own brand. So no, if people want to join the forum, they can create a separate login and password, same as now. Also, once you get your own tour business going, you can get rid of those loveme.com ads. Create your own business with its own brand, then drive customers towards your business. Driving customers to other people's businesses is never going to pay well.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 2:13 pm
StanfordGuy wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 1:02 am
Lol, go and look!

https://www.rooshvforum.com/

He paid over $160 for forum software from xenforo. Pages served by XenForo contain extensive metadata including specific fields for Facebook's OpenGraph and Twitter Cards, so that when links to your community are shared, any unfurling services will get a great preview of your content. His new forum software give him friendly URLs that resembles a file path including the title of the content, with no query string gobbledygook attached. Great for SEO. Also, every page in XenForo is built using fully semantic HTML 5, so search engine robots can dive right in to the content they are meant to be reading without getting bogged down in navigation or interface chrome.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/h ... umb.12347/

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/s ... -html.892/

People here said I didn't know what I was talking about ( :lol: low IQ) but Roosh followed my lead. He wants to make boat loads of money!

Sure, you can do that. Should help a bit.
Well I can pay $160 for Xenforo too. Do you recommend I do that? Is it a one time payment only? The problem is, it would change all the URL's here. How would I redirect thousands of internal forum links to it? Wouldn't that be impossible? Wouldn't we have to bite the bullet and just accept a lot of internal broken links?

Why did Roosh move his forum from mybb to xenforo? Mybb also used permalinks (URL's with topic words in them) too, just like my blog does, so why the move? Mybb is also rated very highly.

I don't get what you mean when you refer to HTML 5, metadata, breadcrumbs, structured data, H1 and H2 tags, etc. I thought all you needed was a title tag, and then content below that. We do have title tags in this forum of course. The topic title is in the title tag. Take a look at the html for this topic page for example:

view-source:viewtopic.php?style=11&f=1&t=42494

Code: Select all

<title>(225) Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) take a nosedive? - Happier Abroad Forum Community</title>

<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - Happier Abroad Forum Community" href="/forum/app.php/feed?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - News" href="/forum/app.php/feed/news?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - All forums" href="/forum/app.php/feed/forums?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - New Topics" href="/forum/app.php/feed/topics?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - Active Topics" href="/forum/app.php/feed/topics_active?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - Forum - General Discussions" href="/forum/app.php/feed/forum/1?style=11">	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Feed - Topic - Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) take a nosedive?" href="/forum/app.php/feed/topic/42494?style=11">	
	<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?style=11&amp;t=42494">
What is wrong with that PAG? The title tag is there. You can see the topic in it. I thought meta tags were optional and outdated? What's wrong with those tags? How does Xenforo or HTML5 do better with tags and headers? Can you explain? This is all too geeky for me. I'm not a computer geek when it comes to things like this. Can you enlighten us and explain in a clear easy to understand manner in laymen's terms?

Now I know it's true that permalinks are better. They definitely rank better when you have the topic title or keywords in the URL's. But this forum doesn't do that, nor can it. Maybe a mod would do it, but it's dangerous to mess with URL rewriting. An older version of phpbb2 used to have a mod that would create static pages with permalinks in them for search engines to eat up, which would create a duplicate of the forum, which means you'd have to block google from indexing the original forum or else both content would be mixed up. But phpbb3 doesn't have that kind of mod.
Might improve things a tiny bit and buy you a few more months. However, as was said before https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/ode-internet-forums Google is delisting internet forums in of favor of articles from well built, authoritative sites like Culture Whiz. Forums are known to have poor quality content. If you think about it, forums are mainly slow-speed chat room chatter. Google is looking for structured data [https://html.com/semantic-markup] that covers a concept completely.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Re: Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) take a nosedive?

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 5:44 pm
Looks like you got a point PAG. Roosh's forum does have more metatags. Look at the source code for one of his forum threads below.

view-source:https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/wel ... -ii.37354/

Code: Select all

<title>Welcome to RVF II | Roosh V Forum</title>

<meta name="description" content="I just spent the day migrating what was left of RVF I (special thanks to @Nineteen84 for assisting me with the migration). You can see the RVF I archive at..." />
		<meta property="og:description" content="I just spent the day migrating what was left of RVF I (special thanks to @Nineteen84 for assisting me with the migration). You can see the RVF I archive at https://www.rooshvforum.com/archive. It won&#039;t be online forever, so grab anything you need from there by July.

As you can see, Xenforo..." />
		<meta property="twitter:description" content="I just spent the day migrating what was left of RVF I (special thanks to @Nineteen84 for assisting me with the migration). You can see the RVF I archive at https://www.rooshvforum.com/archive. It..." />

<meta property="og:url" content="https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/welcome-to-rvf-ii.37354/" />

<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/welcome-to-rvf-ii.37354/" />

<link rel="next" href="/threads/welcome-to-rvf-ii.37354/page-2" />
So that makes a huge difference in SEO and SERP? Is that what you call HTML5 too? Is that also called structured data?
I'm always right 8)

This bit makes it shareable on social media.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 7:55 pm
Would this meta data mod help our SEO, PAG?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... escription
A meta description is often displayed in search engine results (such as Google) below the page title.

This extensions adds a meta description for the forum and the topic pages. The description for forums is based on the forum description. The first 250 chars of the first post is used as the description for topics.
Or this one?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... o_metadata
Add dynamically generated meta tags and microdata (Open Graph, Twitter Cards and JSON-LD) of your forums and topics to improve SEO of your board and show correct information when you share it though social networks, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter and Vkontakte.

Features:
Dynamically generated Open Graph, Twitter Cards meta tags and JSON-LD microdata from your board data and current page
Dynamic description
Set default image for Open Graph and JSON-LD
Set how description will be generated
ACP settings to enable/disable Open Graph, Twitter Cards and JSON-LD
Support for attachments, for topic image
Generate meta data for specific posts

Requirements:
PHP 7.1.3 or greater
phpBB 3.3 or greater

Translations:
Spanish (Formal Honorifics) [es]
Spanish (Casual Honorifics) [es_x_tu]
#2 sounds like the best
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Shemp wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 5:05 am
StanfordGuy wrote:

SwoopTheWorld? ...that site is going no where. Anyway, that is why I said this site needs to be rebuilt. My software would actully be perfect here.
There is no money in forums. Period.@Winston should treat this forum as his private club, a substitute for real life meetings with other guys, a place to brainstorm, etc. It doesn't matter if the forum is properly indexed and ranked by search engines. In fact, there is something to be said fur hiding the forum from non-members, given what a politically incorrect dumpster fire it often turns into.

The real money is in tours associated with dating and sex, such as some of those on PAG's site: https://culturewhiz.org/experiences. In particular, as I previously noted at SwoopTheWorld, back before they banned me for admitting to being a sugar daddy, the $60 nightlife and beach tours with Alexandra are likely to sell very well. (The $100 half-hour life coaching with PAG himself, on the other hand, is just absurd.)

The thing I like in PAG's "experiences" is that there is low commitment. $60 for one nightlife tour with Alexandra is not much money. If customers like that, then maybe they try anther tour. Then maybe a private consultation to address dating problems. Then maybe referral fees to get introduced to recommended physical therapists, dentists, wardrobe consultants, cosmetic surgeons, etc. High volume with moderate profit per customer transaction is better than trying to rip guys off like Marc Davis does with his $5000/week dating tours.

I suggest Winston get into business of being a tour guide himself, because he has an outgoing and likeable personality. However, he should always work together with one or more pretty young women as his assistant tour guides, and all photos should show him and the assistants together. Something like "Winston Wu's World Famous Secrets of Angeles City tour, hosted by Winston Wu himself together with his lovely assistants XXX and YYY". Then maybe similar tours of Kyiv, so he'd be competing with PAG.

What you does on these tours is up to you. You don't want legal trouble, so you shouldn't act as a pimp or take people to brothels yourself. But nothing says you can't make prior arrangements with taxi cab drivers and have them take guys to 3 or so brothels: start with the junky one, then the okay one, then the good one. That way guys feel like they had a long tour and got their money's worth, and that the taxi driver was looking out for them by getting them out of the junky brothel ASAP. (You might need to give the taxi driver some money to tip the mamasan at the first two brothels for wasting her time without taking any of the girls, or maybe have the taxi driver tip at all the brothels if the guy chickens out at the good brothel too.)

You can also do tours in that are more dating related. For example, bring a group of guys to the Kyiv ballet, then you strike up conversion with groups of women there asking if any of them speak English. Or tours that are related to retiring abroad.

Once you've figured out what sorts of tours you want to offer, then you need to redo the website (not the forum, but the website itself) to show up on the search engines better. In particular, you need to rewrite all the articles to make them up to date, get rid of junk articles, then find someone who understands SEO to help get good articles indexed. Articles are what will attract people to the tour services, not this stupid forum full of crazies and trolls and pissing matches between people with too much time on their hands. The forum should be your hobby or source of inspiration, not your money maker.

Somewhere else you asked about Google and Facebook logins. I think you should disassociate yourself as much as possible from those behemoths and create your own brand. So no, if people want to join the forum, they can create a separate login and password, same as now. Also, once you get your own tour business going, you can get rid of those loveme.com ads. Create your own business with its own brand, then drive customers towards your business. Driving customers to other people's businesses is never going to pay well.
Ah, finally an intelligent post from you <3
Last edited by StanfordGuy on May 15th, 2020, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But Shemp, me doing tours like that would mean I would have to be there and settle down or have a base of operations there. That's not passive income. That's work and commitment. Like a real business. lol. Unless I just subcontract people out to do it of course, like PAG seems to be trying to do.

Forums and blogs can still make money if you get a lot of traffic. The problem is Google is deranking forums. Blogs still rank well if you got a good URL with topic keywords in them and good permalinks. But blogs take a lot of time to build up. What about videos and vlogs? That is another hot item now, but I don't have a lot of on screen charisma or oratory skills. I suppose those things can be developed maybe. But neither does PAG. Hes's a computer geek but he doesn't have charisma or magnetism online. He just smiles a lot.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PAG,
Which of these themes do you think look better and why? Does the theme make a difference in attracting users?

Prosilver
index.php?style=1

Elegance
index.php?style=21

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PAG,
Why does your site have a good Alexa rank but a Google page rank of zero? lol. How can that be? I thought Culture Whiz was badass? lol

https://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php
Web Page URL: http://www.culturewhiz.org
The Page Rank: 0/10
I guess a backlink from your site wouldn't do us any good then right? lol

Btw PAG, what kind of a forum is this? Only you seem to be posting in it. lol

https://culturewhiz.org/forum

StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm
PAG,
Which of these themes do you think look better and why? Does the theme make a difference in attracting users?

Prosilver
index.php?style=1

Elegance
index.php?style=21
I don't know, the first one!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 6:07 pm
Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm
PAG,

Prosilver
index.php?style=1

Elegance
index.php?style=21
I don't know, the first one!
Why? Doesn't the second one look more modern, like Rooshv's forum?

Btw, Rooshv forum must have taken the same Google penalties for hate speech/offensive content. So why hasn't his traffic and stats and popularity dropped? He still seems to be doing well. He runs three sites right? His books have taken a big hit I heard though. But his traffic is still good. I don't know about his SERP though.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw PAG,
Should I upgrade and redesign my home page with Wordpress or Blogger? It's using an outdated CMS that is not mobile friendly. Which do you recommend? I heard that Wordpress has more plugins and is more customizable, but Blogger is easier to use and simpler. I would imagine though that Blogger has better SEO and ranking in Google since Google owns it right? What do you think?

I'm sure upgrading the home page to something more modern and better SEO and structured data would improve things right? When I first upgraded it in 2008 it gave me a big boost in rankings.

StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:42 pm
PAG,
Why does your site have a good Alexa rank but a Google page rank of zero? lol. How can that be? I thought Culture Whiz was badass? lol

https://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php
Web Page URL: http://www.culturewhiz.org
The Page Rank: 0/10
I guess a backlink from your site wouldn't do us any good then right? lol

Btw PAG, what kind of a forum is this? Only you seem to be posting in it. lol

https://culturewhiz.org/forum
Google doesn't really use PageRank anymore. They replaced it with URL Rating. Moreover, they have 100s of other signals in ranking. For that, there are two areas to focus on: Internal links: How you link the pages together on your website affect the flow of “authority” or “link juice” around your site.
External links: Both URL Rating (UR) and PageRank effectively share authority between all outbound links on a page.

The leader set the tone.
Last edited by StanfordGuy on May 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

:oops:
Last edited by StanfordGuy on May 15th, 2020, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.