Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) drop and how to bring it back?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why did HA's Google Rankings (SERP) drop and how to bring it back?

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:58 am
Yohan wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 7:07 am
What I can see so far:

The domain mane
foreignwomen.org
is not online.

Therefore google search and also YahooJapan search suggest if you enter something about 'foreign women' or similar to go to
foreignwomen.com
which is operating and is a different website obviously.

Why not to create an additional page and put foreignwomen.org online and let it redirect to happierabroad.com?
Activate this domain.

-----------

ORG usually is obviously always searched first, maybe a reason that this culturewhiz.org gives slightly quicker results, however in google
as far as I can see from Japan

happierabroad 145.000 results in 0.41 sec
culturewhiz 31.800 results in 0.34 sec

and results also from good site, like
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Winston-W ... B003ZUY51W

I can assure you that your entire website 'happierabroad.com' works here correctly from Japan and it is very fast, no errors (formatting etc.) noticed.

The name of your website 'happierabroad' seems to be fine, no search suggests any other site except yours.
Quite different if you search for something like foreignwomen or similar...

After foreignwomen.org is online, you also should crosslink from happierabroad.com to foreignwomen.org, might help search machines to find you.
I think you misunderstood my question Yohan. Nothing is up on foreignwomen.org yet. I just bought the domain name and own it. I don't know what to do with it yet. That's why I'm asking for ideas.

I didn't know my ebook was on a Japanese version of Amazon with different reviews. Why don't they just combine all the reviews into one?

I'm not talking about searching in Google for "happier abroad". I mean searching for any topic besides my domain name. For instance, my site used to come up on the first page for "foreign women" and some of our best threads here used to come up first on Google. For example "the myth of confidence" would bring up the forum thread here as the first search result in Google. Now it's nowhere in Google. But Yahoo and Bing still lists it as the first hit. See what I mean? You can't find my site on Google unless you type "happier abroad". On PAG's Culture Whiz site, you can find it by searches for things like "making friends in Russia" which brings it up on the first page. How can that be? PAG's site is not corporate and is not big tech and has BS content. So why is it ranked so well in Google?
I did not misunderstand you. I said you should bring foreignwomen.org online - and if it is only with one webpage, pointing to happierabroad.

Now, if anybody gives in a google search something in like 'foreign women' he will be shown links to 'foreignwomen.com' ONLY and not to your website. He should be receive links to 'foreignwomen.org' (to you and not to another website with similar name)

Amazon Japan is quite different from Amazon.com - not the same.

About PAG - he is spamming and wherever he posts some crap he always creates a link to culturewhiz.org, (ORG and not COM) this helps a lot I would say.
Likely he is also sending out links directly into search machines, or creates plenty of TAGs on his fake-pages, etc.

But your situation is different, people looking for some 'women from abroad' are given links to 'foreignwomen.com' and you as you are the owner of foreignwomen.org you should change that - but foreignwomen.org is not online, even not with a single page - and you should bring it online, even just with a copy from the first welcome page of happierabroad.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You don't understand Yohan. I didn't plan to use foreignwomen.org to point to happierabroad only as a portal. I planned to create a whole new site with it with new features so it can be another major site. I was asking for suggestions.

I did rank on the first page for "foreign women" before when Google ranked my site well. In the past when you searched "foreign women" you would find this hit on the first page:

https://www.happierabroad.com/WhyForeignWomen.htm

But Google penalized my site for the 6 reasons I listed above. That's why it no longer appears on the first page of Google. But it does for Yahoo and Bing though. There's a lot to fix and change and even then, there's no guarantee my rankings will be restored on Google, since their algorithms have changed a lot over the years.

Btw foreignwomen.com belongs to AFA.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Don't use Google (corporate scumbag monopoly). Google is only concerned about big business and celebrities. People should use Yahoo, Bing or Duckduckgo (the myriad other search engines out there). I stopped using Google because it's BIASED. It only gives results Google's staff want pople seeing. BOYCOTT GOOGLE!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 11:34 am
You don't understand Yohan. I didn't plan to use foreignwomen.org to point to happierabroad only as a portal. I planned to create a whole new site with it with new features so it can be another major site. I was asking for suggestions.
Btw foreignwomen.com belongs to AFA.
You were asking for suggestions, and this is my suggestion.
What you do is up to you of course.

1 -
Use 'foreignwomen.org' to point to happierabroad at the beginning /(or even make a mirror-site out of it later with the same content, at least with some static pages)

It can be only good if another domain you own is pointing to HappierAbroad. As more pages online as better.

2 -
Who cares if foreignwomen.com belongs to AFA or anybody else?

You are the owner of foreignwomen.org - and you should use this domain online to point to your pages.

3 -
Remove anything from your own forum which points to culturewhiz - links to PAG, including sockpuppet-profiles ...
viewtopic.php?t=39699&start=15

------

OK? This is what I would do as the first step.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

I found Happierabroad again by using a non-Google search engine; Duckduckgo. Use it, Boycott Google!

I like Duckduckgo because you get what you search for (keywords) not edited nonsense. No 'shadow-banning'.

f**k Google rankings. Googles 90% dominance of searches market will decline. Look at rankings in other search engines. Google isn't the only company. It DOESN'T OWN THE INTERNET. Lots of people are sick and tired of Google. The more people switch, the less power it has. I would like more people to use other search engines. Bing, Yahoo, Duckduckgo to name a few. The only reason Google is so big is people couldn't be bothered to use other search engines for years. Simple.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But mattyman, that cant be the only reason people use google. How did google dominate the search engine market in the first place? They must have done something to make everyone use them.

Yohan, how about i start by putting this article on foreignwomen.org?

www.happierabroad.com/WhyForeignWomen.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 8:19 pm
Yohan, how about i start by putting this article on foreignwomen.org?

www.happierabroad.com/WhyForeignWomen.htm
Why not? Everything which brings this domain 'foreignwomen.org' online and points to 'happierabroad' is welcome....

Make use out of it what you own, why to keep this useful domain name, which even is not '.com' but '.org' offline?
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 6:21 am
Several issues with me and Google:

1. Google dislikes right wing sites and sites with taboo content and so has devalued them. Adsense has blocked my site too. Thats why i need to work on other domain names.

2. My home page and introduction and main pages are created with outdated software and not even mobile friendly. They need to be migrated to wordpress. Not being mobile friendly lowers my ranking.

3. Bluehost servers are slower than others. I tested this with pingdom and others have too. The slower speed penalizes me in google too. I had much better ranking when i was with godaddy servers.

4. Google does not rank forums good anymore. It prefers well written blog posts with modern software and platform. And big tech such as twitter, linkedin, instagram, etc. Those sites always come up first in google. Bastards.

So all forums in general are devalued in google now. Not just mine.

5. Google likes to list new articles now. Not older ones even if they are good and well established. That's why the hits u see on google are all newer articles. I noticed my new articles on blogger rank good on google just because they are new. Most of my older articles are old so they dont rank well. If they are migrated to new platforms like wordpress that may revitalize them and get them marked as new.

6. Google prefers big corporate sites and big tech sites now, and always rank them first, even if they suck or don't have relevant content to your search, they still come up first. That sucks and is too obviously biased and monopolized.

Look at PAGs website www.culturewhiz.org. it has little content and fake bullshit. But ranks well in google on the first page. Why? I dont know. Maybe cause its new and uses new software and has good structured data and HTML tailored for SEO. Or he knows some black hat SEO strategies. Who knows.

Any suggestions?

Btw i bought the domain name foreignwomen.org. any idea what i should do with it? Create a forum or wiki site about foreign women? Or just a blog? Or dating site? If it was a forum would u guys post there!

What u think @Yohan and @yick and @hypermak and @gsjackson?
No idea @Winston. I am no expert.
mostafaelbermawy2021
Freshman Poster

Post by mostafaelbermawy2021 »

White hat seo is best for increase the website ranking.

Mostafa
Seo Director
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:33 am
Oh well, at least if you google this term "culture whiz presents wife hunting abroad" you will see this site as the first hit, as well as "winston wu about me" or "taiwan girls worst personality" lol. At least we rank for something even if it's totally obscure. lol
Lol, you don't even rank for obscure topics anymore :lol:
vivexigame
Freshman Poster

Post by vivexigame »

Winston wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 6:20 am
If anyone is interested, here's a list of the probable 200 factors that Google uses to rank your site. This isn't an official list from Google, it's from a third party analyst. Some are proven but others are speculative and controversial.

Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List (2020)

More related links.

11 Things You Must Know About Google’s 200 Ranking Factors
last year some of my most ranking keywords are de-ranking by google webmaster algorithm update, and I tried my best to rank them again even re-write all my ranking post article's but nothing happen, And this is my personal experience that the site de-rank by Google can never be ranked
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

I would love to understand how the google ranking actually works
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

HA needs fresh content and also being mobile friendly makes a big difference.

I largely killed off all my dating related sites and I'm no longer reliant on their income. I think this was a good thing given that woke Google and the WEF seek to kill off this type of content. Also my most lucrative market was guys seeking Chinese brides but Xi killed this sideline off. Guys seeking Thai or Pinay brides are largely broke.

I am doing well on Youtube but as a kind of offshoot from my TEFL career. I don't do anything controversial on Youtube.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ClarMander
Freshman Poster

Post by ClarMander »

Thank you for sharing this article, as reported by the google engine information field at the time of 22-23 years has increased 5-fold in the quality of surfing and raising traffic
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

5-fold in 22 years is not very good, right? What dod you do in order to improve the traffic on your website ?
If you use SEO methods like linkbuilding for example, you can also use check backlinks in order to see how effective is this strategy in your case. Of course that would be ideal to hire a SEO professionals, but honestly there are many things which you can do yourself, all you need to do is find an information online.