BOYCOTT GOOGLE! Here's how

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
mattyman
Junior Poster

BOYCOTT GOOGLE! Here's how

Post by mattyman »

Hi everyone.

If you're in the habit of using Google or got Google set as your default browser, I encourage you to change it to something non-Google, like Yahoo, Bing, Duckduckgo (my favourite) and many, many more.

Don't use Google Chrome; use Firefox or Brave or the many other browsers out there.

Don't use an Android phone, use the other types out there (or prefereable look into the cooparative phone network, dicthc big business altogether).

There's loads of reasons to boycott Google; search results are BIASED as f**k. The protests in Berlin in August held by Robert F Kennedy; I searched on youtube and all I got was John F Kennedy, the guy who got assasinated. Then I searched on Duckduckgo, I got the video I was looking for. This is an example of 'shadow-banning'.

Boycott Google and Youtube.

Use Duckduckgo as your search (or any non-Google search engine).

For videos;

Bitchute
Brandnewtube
Newtube

MAKE A DENT IN THE REVENUE GOOGLE GETS
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: BOYCOTT GOOGLE! Here's how

Post by Yohan »

About my own experience so far.

With Google many useful webpages are 'in hiding' - they come up, but only many pages later in the google search results - while some others show up multiple times at the first and second search result pages (especially if you pay google for that)

I am using Bing and Yahoo-Japan.
Browsers are Firefox and Opera.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Re: BOYCOTT GOOGLE! Here's how

Post by mattyman »

^Good man

Google does give you access to more content than other search engines, you'll get more results, granted. It's disadvantage is that it filters results to what it/their staff wants you to see. Yes, we should always look beyond the first page regardless of what search engine you're using. I think a mixture of such measures is best practice.

Use a non-Google search engine and you'll find what you're looking for, not what Google wants you to see or not.

I think Google is too big, thinks it has no competition. Thinks it's a government institution. It's only gotten to where it's got because people simply go to it as the default.

To create a fairer market place, we must 'shop around'. Susan Wojcijske of youtube would be pissed hearing this (good).

Google is pushing it's luck, it's a monopoly.