Pointer moves on it's own; how to outwit hacking scumbags

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
mattyman
Junior Poster

Pointer moves on it's own; how to outwit hacking scumbags

Post by mattyman »

Ever had this problem? The cursor starts moving on it's own, but stops when you disconnect the internet (turn wifi off or pull the cable out). Hmm, that it stops when you disconnect. That is evidence.

Why would people use that technique? Isn't it pretty inept? What are most people going to do if they think their mouse is being controlled externally? Hit the off button.

This has happened recently, but it doesn't spook me very much because it seems stupid. Why use a technique like that which is so obvious?

Possible motives?
-money; hoping to log into your financial transactions (but are too inept to see that we can simply disconnect at times the connection isn't needed)
-creating psychological fear of being online, logging into email, checking social media, posts, shopping and everything (scumbuckets); hmm, won't work with me

Do your stuff when they're not looking! Disconnect the net when the machine is idle (such as going to the toilet). If it acts up, disconnect. I can see those cowardly nerds stamping their feet through the floor (& imagining me turning up behind them with a baseball bat).

As my dad says, disconnect the net when not in use. If it gets bad, re-build the machine. Always save data to drives off device. Nothing those hacking tossers can do about it.