How come iPhone makes it so hard to transfer files and has so many restrictions?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

How come iPhone makes it so hard to transfer files and has so many restrictions?

Post by Winston »

I don't get the appeal of iPhone. Why is it so hard to use compared to Android, especially for transferring files and file management? How many of you here are part of the iPhone cult? If so, can you explain the appeal of it and why most normies, especially low IQ cool hipsters, are into it like all they care about is being cool and fashionable, and don't care about the functionality?

I recently got an iPhone SE 2020 off ebay for an amazingly low price of 140 dollars, to give to my son since he's an iPhone fan. At first I liked the premium feel of it. The speakers are very good with rich sound, and the UI is very fast and sooth, and so is the camera. But then I discovered something terrible. When I tried to transfer my 40 GB of music files into it via USB cable, it was a nightmare. You cannot just copy and paste them in like you can with Android or on Windows. You have to use software like iTunes on your PC to do it. I had to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out and reading many help articles. It was not user friendly at all. Even when I finally figured it out, it was still tedious and a pain in the ass. As Alex said: "You can find a way to do things on iPhone that are far easier on Android, you will always have to take the long way."

I definitely ain't gonna transfer 40 GB of music into it. It takes too long and you have to put them all into playlists with a multi-step process that is tedious and time consuming. I thought iPhone was supposed to be user friendly? What's going on? It is not, at least not for file management, file transfer, file organizing, and file edits. In fact, the Files app on iOS cannot even see the files you transferred into it, it can only see files you downloaded from the web. lol. iPhone has no file management system like Android that lets you see all the files on your phone. That sucks. Why haven't more people complained about this? Are most people really that low IQ that they do not even bother with file management?

It seems that each app on iPhone puts all its files in a dedicated folder for it only. So even when you transfer the music files into it, only the Apple Music app can see them. If you download another music app, it won't be able to see them, because they are locked to one app only, Apple Music. This is very different from Android where any music app you download can immediately see all the music files on your phone and will index them. Geez.

How do you iPhone users tolerate so many limitations and restrictions that don't exist on Android? Can you iPhone users here explain? And why are you willing to pay a high price for it? iPhones are also very overpriced, people usually pay aroun $800 for them. So I don't get it. Why pay 4 times for less features and more restrictions and less functionality? That doesn't make sense. Only a brainwashed person would do that. You can get a good Android phone for under 200 dollars nowadays, especially from high quality brands like Xiaomi, whose budget phones are also very good quality.

But besides that though, it does feel like a premium phone, and has a nice feel to it. It's just not as functional as an Android it.

@momopi what's your take on this? You are an Apple fan, so how do you explain this?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: How come iPhone is so hard to use for transferring files and has so many restrictions?

Post by Winston »

Btw if any of you have an iPhone, this article written by a former Apple employee contains some good tips for improving battery life by switching off a lot of unnecessary functions in the Settings that drain battery. I never knew there were so many battery draining functions in the Settings that you had to turn off to save battery life. Geez.

https://www.payetteforward.com/why-does ... -real-fix/

Here also is his article for how to never have to pay for more storage on iCloud backup again.

https://www.payetteforward.com/icloud-s ... kup-again/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: How come iPhone is so hard to use for transferring files and has so many restrictions?

Post by TruthSeeker »

You can "jailbreak" the iPhone/iPad so it becomes more functional like Android. I used to bother with this with my iPad, but why not just get Android?

Girls especially think it's fashionable to have an iPhone. That's why in their profile pics you always see them holding an iPhone. You'd wonder though how they get the money to purchase those in some of the poorer countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah I noticed that in NE Asia, Asian women are crazy about iphones like its the coolest thing and the only phone to have. They are so conformist.

Of course I have Android too, I have two Xiaomi phones, and it's super easy to transfer files to them. I thought iPhone was supposed to be super advanced and user friendly. Why is the file manager non-functional and only shows files you downloaded from the web? My son is a fan of iPhone, he thinks it's superior for some reason. In some ways it is, but you can get a flagship Android phone that will feel just as premium too. It also costs too much. Americans typically pay 800 dollars for their iPhone, which is crazy and way overpriced. I don't get why people will pay that when it's not necessary and not as user friendly as advertised.

How do you jailbreak an iphone?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I think it's because Apple wants you to download your tunes through the iTunes store, not just download some bootlegged copy and transfer to your device (though you can).

To jailbreak google jailbreak + IOS version.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But what's the appeal of iPhone? Why do so many love it and are brand loyal to it? Why are many willing to pay $800 for one?

Are there any iPhone fans here who can answer that? I remember @eurobrat was an iPhone fan too.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

That's why I stick with android. They want to make it difficult to interface with anything outside of their product.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:
October 5th, 2022, 2:50 pm
That's why I stick with android. They want to make it difficult to interface with anything outside of their product.
Good point. Plus why would anyone pay $800 for a new iPhone? That's such a ripoff. Why are so many willing to pay that? My friend Rock usually spends around 900 or 1000 on his new iPhone. Crazy.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: How come iPhone makes it so hard to transfer files and has so many restrictions?

Post by TruthSeeker »

I can afford to buy one but don't want to support a company that uses child labour. Also what happens if you drop a new iPhone 14 Pro on concrete? The phone is all smashed. Apple will not repair it for you for free.

This guy MacMaster is sporting iPhone cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMM38LUi0g

@Winston What is the alternative with similar quality to iPhone? Samsung? Would you buy Google Pixel Pro? It's just as expensive as iPhone.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How come iPhone makes it so hard to transfer files and has so many restrictions?

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 9th, 2022, 1:53 am
I can afford to buy one but don't want to support a company that uses child labour. Also what happens if you drop a new iPhone 14 Pro on concrete? The phone is all smashed. Apple will not repair it for you for free.

This guy MacMaster is sporting iPhone cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMM38LUi0g

@Winston What is the alternative with similar quality to iPhone? Samsung? Would you buy Google Pixel Pro? It's just as expensive as iPhone.
Dropping a phone once won't smash it or damage it. The gorilla glass screen is strong and can take falls and does not scratch easily. All my phones are in pristine condition even when I've dropped them a few times. However many of the used phones I saw on ebay have damaged and cracked screens or at least scratches on the screen. I don't know how they got that way. Are Americans that clumsy that they drop their phone multiple times a day or have it flying out of a motorcycle or something? lol. Why do Americans abuse their phone so much? I've seen many low class Filipino whores also have damaged phones and cracked screens. I don't know how they abuse it so much. Even though I've dropped my phone a few times it still looks is pristine condition. And even when I put my phone in my pocket with car keys, the keys don't scratch the screen, so how do people have so many scratches on their screen? Weird. Maybe ebay attracts lower class people? lol

It's nice to have a case on it. But that case tends to heat up the phone, unless you live in a cold climate. The phone looks better without the case too. Also a case makes the phone feel larger in your pocket that without the case.

Don't all phone manufacturers use child labor? Why would a rich company like Apple need to do that?

Btw, why does Apple use the logo of a bitten Apple? Is that an homage to the Garden of Eden when Eve took a bite of the apple? If so, that's pretty sick. I don't get why Americans are attracted to that. It speaks volumes about them, and not in a good way. What you think @Neo and @Cornfed? Do Christians ever wonder about this? Moreover, I heard the very first Apple computer sold for 666 dollars. Is that true? What a coincidence. lol

Samsung is ok but expensive and overrated. They do have good cameras though. But they are overpriced. I would recommend a Xiaomi, they have good budget phones for $200 that are excellent quality. All Xiaomi users have been very satisfied with their phone. When it comes to bang for the buck, Xiaomi is unrivaled. They spend nothing on advertising so their expenses are minimal.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Two more problems with iPhones:

1. No headphone jack to plug in headphones or earbuds. iPhone had them long ago but got rid of them. Obviously because they want to push you into using their wireless air pods. But those require bluetooth which drains your battery. I don't like that. Of course Apple won't tell you that, instead they give you some bullshit excuse about removing the headphone jack to make the phone more water resistant. Yeah right. How come Android phones have good water resistant yet they didn't need to get rid of the headphone jack? Apple's excuses are obvious BS and an insult to your intelligence. It seems Apple appeals to low IQ dumb people.

2. No SD card to expand the phone's storage. Of course, Apple has BS excuses, such as claiming that SD cards are defective and slow down the phone. However, anyone who has used one knows that if you take care of an SD card and don't abuse it, it will have no problems. And it doesn't slow down the phone because the phone apps use internal storage now, not the SD card anymore like they did before 2010. So Apple is using an outdated argument. SD cards are great for storing static files like videos, audio files, and photos, which do not slow down the phone at all. Obviously, Apple wants you to PAY MORE to expand your phone storage by getting models with higher specs, such as 128 GB phone or a 256 GB phone. If you can just use an SD card, then they can't push you to pay more for higher spec phones. That's obvious.

Apple is definitely very manipulative and greedy and selfish. I don't like that. I don't get why Apple fans overlook all these flaws. Cult members tend to overlook the flaws of their cult I guess. lol

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

My Xiaomi phone doesn't have a headphone jack either. It has an adapter you can plug in headphones through the usb c port but I agree with your points. Everything now is moving to "cloud" storage. You store your data on their servers which means they can read your data unless it's encrypted.

If you hate Apple so much just don't buy one. Android is your only alternative.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 6:04 pm
My Xiaomi phone doesn't have a headphone jack either. It has an adapter you can plug in headphones through the usb c port but I agree with your points. Everything now is moving to "cloud" storage. You store your data on their servers which means they can read your data unless it's encrypted.

If you hate Apple so much just don't buy one. Android is your only alternative.
Do you have a flagship Xiaomi? If so, you should have gotten a mid range or budget Xiaomi. They have headphone jacks. The flagship ones don't for some reason. They seem to all work together with a hive mind. Yeah there are USB headphones too.

I do like some things about Apple. Their speakers, display, camera and UI are very good, fast and smooth with no lag. But they have too many restrictions and the company is too selfish and greedy and manipulative.