A Form of Keeping In Touch Should H.A. Go Down.

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

A Form of Keeping In Touch Should H.A. Go Down.

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Lucas88
@Tsar
@WilliamSmith
@MarcosZeitola
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@WanderingProtagonist
@gsjackson

Hey guys. People I tagged here are people I respect and know the most from the forum. I do like other members but I don't interact with them as often as you or know them as well.

WilliamSmith mentioned an alternative method of keeping in touch should Happierabroad go down possibly on a permanent basis. I had an idea of creating our own little Happierabroad WhatsApp group, our home away from home kind of thing. Then we can have discussions and debates or just general chat when the forum is down and a means to keep in touch if the forum ever goes down permanently.

So what do you think? Are any of you interested? Does anyone have any alternative ideas? If anyone else on the forum reads this and would like to join just comment in here and if it happens we can add you too.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: A Form of Keeping In Touch Should H.A. Go Down.

Post by Outcast9428 »

I don’t have a WhatsApp but I do have Discord and am quite active on it. Tsar and I talk through Discord a lot so I know he has it too.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Outcast9428 wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 11:40 pm
I don’t have a WhatsApp but I do have Discord and am quite active on it. Tsar and I talk through Discord a lot so I know he has it too.
I'm not familiar with Discord. Can you create private groups on there? I'd be willing to download it like if that's how people want to keep in touch.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
I'm not familiar with Discord. Can you create private groups on there? I'd be willing to download it like if that's how people want to keep in touch.
Oh yeah, creating private groups is precisely what it was meant for. You create servers and add people to them and everybody has a text box and you can even create different channels for different topics of discussion.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Outcast9428 wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
Oh yeah, creating private groups is precisely what it was meant for. You create servers and add people to them and everybody has a text box and you can even create different channels for different topics of discussion.
It also has a Private Message feature. YouTube videos, news articles, and links are auto-previewed.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I should really figure out Discord. There is a HA Whatsapp already but there's not much posting and great leader doesn't often grace us with his presence.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

On the one hand, I'd like that. On the other hand, I value my anonymity. I let loose with my opinions here from time to time in ways I don't on other forums, though I express a lot of ideas that are unpopular with some in other venues. I don't want to get 'cancelled' by my employer, especially if it is not over an opinion worth getting cancelled over.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

xiongmao wrote:
October 27th, 2022, 8:14 am
I should really figure out Discord. There is a HA Whatsapp already but there's not much posting and great leader doesn't often grace us with his presence.
If we sort something out you're welcome to join us if you like. We haven't got anything sorted as of yet though.
MrMan wrote:
October 27th, 2022, 8:20 am
On the one hand, I'd like that. On the other hand, I value my anonymity. I let loose with my opinions here from time to time in ways I don't on other forums, though I express a lot of ideas that are unpopular with some in other venues. I don't want to get 'cancelled' by my employer, especially if it is not over an opinion worth getting cancelled over.
Well it's up to you, MrMan. The forum goes down often enough and it would be a way to keep in touch should the forum close permanently. Neither myself or Lucas88 would ever expose your identity or posts to any employer or whatever, we respect privacy and I for one enjoy our debates MrMan. If we get something sorted let me know if you would like to join us. The choice is entirely up to you.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 27th, 2022, 8:50 am
xiongmao wrote:
If we sort something out you're welcome to join us if you like. We haven't got anything sorted as of yet though.
MrMan wrote:
Well it's up to you, MrMan. The forum goes down often enough and it would be a way to keep in touch should the forum close permanently. Neither myself or Lucas88 would ever expose your identity or posts to any employer or whatever, we respect privacy and I for one enjoy our debates MrMan. If we get something sorted let me know if you would like to join us. The choice is entirely up to you.
Can one join anonymously?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 8:17 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
xiongmao wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Are you referring to Discord? I'm assuming you can make an account under your pseudonym "MrMan" for the purpose of anonymity. But @Tsar and @Outcast9428 will know much more about Discord than I do. It's a platform I've never used. A H.A. WhatsApp group however, would require your phone number which would be shared among the other members of the group.

What do you guys say @Lucas88 & @WilliamSmith? You guys willing to download Discord on your phones or computers so we can make this group? Will be handy for when the forum has those pesky errors.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I probably wouldn't do W/A. We used to have some rather aggressive type people on the forum, who I wouldn't want to have my phone number. I'd rather participate in an another anonymous forum that has no long T&C or privacy policy.

But Winston also has us here in his forum, where he met, and if I were him, I wouldn't want all my members to organize and go off on another forum. This forum will probably still stick around as long as he is alive and healthy and doesn't decide to swear off technology for some reason. :) It goes down for repairs from time to time.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
October 29th, 2022, 8:17 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
xiongmao wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Yes, Discord is anonymous. You don't need a phone number or anything to sign up. You can create an anonymous email if you want to avoid using your main email.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I like and second the Discord idea.