Momopi, what software did he use to do this?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Momopi, what software did he use to do this?

Post by Winston »

How do you make cartoon animations speak from text like this? What program do you use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PuNKyrF4io
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Momopi, what software did he use to do this?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:How do you make cartoon animations speak from text like this? What program do you use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PuNKyrF4io
I'm not an animator -- check with Terrence.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I think the "text to speech" and the animation from that are two different things. I haven't kept up on Text to Speech software because every Apple Mac can do that out of the box. It is a feature for blind users so that it can read your email to you, or any other document. You can choose many different voice styles. This technology has been around since the Commodore 64 in the mid 80's. Today it has gone even further with advanced tools like Vocaloid which can even sing.

There are a few good software tools for automatically animating a CG character mouth to a sound file. There was a really popular one we used to use back when I was working in the studios, but I can't remember the name of it. Today there are sinple cheap tools like Anime Studio or Crazy Talk that can do that and they do a great job. What they did in that video is simple compared to some of the stuff out there today. I wouldn't be surprised if they used a free tool like iClone or The Movies. These "machinima" or machinimation tools let pretty much anyone make their own Cg movie these days. Of course some skill in lighting composition and editing goes a long way, but doing two guys sitting in a room talking can be accomplished by practically any user of low cost tools like iClone or The Movies.

iClone Example Anyone can do stuff like this with these new tools.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan