Asian guys and Middle Eastern girls - Racism?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

The_Adventurer wrote:It HAS to be Americanized people commenting. If they are calling Asians chinks and gooks, those are American derogatory terms. They could only be learned from American media or American soldiers if they are stationed in that country. The same as how many Filipinos use the term nigger to refer to blacks, having no idea how derogatory is is. It's simply what they are used to hearing other Americans use to refer to blacks.

These terms like Asian and Caucasian are also American terms and the most meaningless words around, designed for confusion and division. Asian is a politically correct term to replace "oriental" which is somehow offensive now. In Japan, they have a word "toyojin", it describes people who look like them, Koreans, CHinese etc. ORIENTAL. It does not translate as Asian, which includes Armenians, Turks, white russians etc.

The term caucasian is equally meaningless. How many white people alive today can truly trace their roots to those tribes hailing from the caucasus mountains? Those who DO hail from there, do not necessarily look like Angli Saxon or germanic peoples. It is more confusion thrown into the mix. American political correctness and racial categorizing infecting other countries and peoples.

Some Japanese still believe black people have tails. Where'd they learn that?
Terrance, this has to be your avant-garde epic post. I like how you point out American idiosyncratic labeling that Americans try to inoculate the rest of the world with.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

2uestion: about Latinos in the Middle East.

Post by E_Irizarry »

@LadiSlav,

I met quite a few English-speaking Middle Easterners in Canada and in Australia, and they claim that Latinos came from them, which ME's have been around so much longer - that's for sure!

So how are Latinos labeled in the Middle East, as Negroid - due to the content of African blood a lot of Latinos have?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 2uestion: about Latinos in the Middle East.

Post by ladislav »

E_Irizarry wrote:@LadiSlav,

I met quite a few English-speaking Middle Easterners in Canada and in Australia, and they claim that Latinos came from them, which ME's have been around so much longer - that's for sure!

So how are Latinos labeled in the Middle East, as Negroid - due to the content of African blood a lot of Latinos have?
They will be labeled according to the citizenship that they have. Which is how people should be labeled.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Billy wrote:An asian guy will have a problem with integrating in to that culture as it is very different.
Don't forget, there are plenty of East Asians who are Muslims. James Yee, a Chinese American, is married to a Palestinian woman. Both of them are Sunni Muslims. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Yee
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Falcon, yes when they are muslims it´s another case. But still it´s very difficult. I think specially turkey is in this regard very racist.

Palestinian girls will be cheaper as they don´t own a country yet.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

housekeepers from pi

Post by targetguy »

8) I think a lot of this racism stems from rich arabs having housekeepers and cooks and mostly cheap labor staus is why there is a stigmatism about this. Most of the pi people i have met in the us have a lot better jobs and more accepted because of their education and social staus.
no scammers
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: housekeepers from pi

Post by zboy1 »

targetguy wrote:8) I think a lot of this racism stems from rich arabs having housekeepers and cooks and mostly cheap labor staus is why there is a stigmatism about this. Most of the pi people i have met in the us have a lot better jobs and more accepted because of their education and social staus.
Yes, Arabs are well known for mistreating Indians and Filipino's in their countries.
LilliBara
Freshman Poster

Re: Asian guys and Middle Eastern girls - Racism?

Post by LilliBara »

As a Persian woman, I find East And South East Asian men attractive. I apologize for the lack of respect and the uncontrolled ignorance that those so called Persians/ Iranians have been towards the couples shown in the videos who were Persian and East Asian. I myself have nothing negative towards men from those regions of Asia in terms of culture, traditions, religious views, or physical features. Those who rely on racist comments are uneducated and blind towards showing compassion, and even jealous towards those who are happy. I would take their comments with a grain of salt. Please call them out on their poor behaviour, and if they continue to be rude, then please judge them as an individual and not as a complete representation of the entire Persian population.

From my own experience, from the first day I entered Canada, my first friends were Chinese and Koreans. I was not being selective or exclusive toward these individuals. We were able to naturally get along as normal and healthy 6-7 year old children should, who have not been brought up my racist or ignorant parents. A male Korean friend that I had back in 2nd grade was the most amazing friend I could have ever had. When i was being bullied because of my colour and accent, he stood by my side and helped every step of the way. He would go to many lengths to protect me from the bullies in our second grade. He constant acts of kindness left a positive image for me of Korean or East Asian people. Mind you, I had only been in Canada for a year after having to leave all of my family members back in Iran(other than my parents) and it was difficult to find classmates who were able to relate with me. Naturally, from there, I was naturally attracted to East Asian men. I know I said that you shouldn't judge everyone based upon a negative experience, but I am positive that majority of people are well intentioned people. And if they are not at first, educate them and be patient with them. We don't know what they have experienced that caused them to be so cruel towards others, but you shouldn't give up on them. However, pick and choose your battles. Some you cannot change until someone else comes and stops them. I've had my fair share of East Asian guys and girls who were mean to me. I forgot to mention that the people who were bullying me in second grade were either White or Chinese. But I would never view all White and Chinese people as bullies. These few classmates were an exception, and I happened to be their victim.

As for religion, not all Persians are Muslim. There are extreme cases in which you would need to convert, however, in today's time, most Persians are non-religious. For example, my parents, where my father is atheist and my mother is agnostic. They are open minded people who would accept any man I choose to date or marry. They wouldn't be concerned as to what his creed is, as along as he had respect and acceptance for my beliefs. If you are interested in Persian women, then don't give up hope. Get to know us personally and ask us out. If she says yes, then great. If she says no, then happily move on. Then you two weren't meant to be personality wise, not because of your race. Our world is headed in a direction where we are mixing our cultures and traditions through a much more safer and healthier fashion. We must educate ourselves about one another to rid ourselves of ignorance.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Nice post, LilliBara. I'm an East Asian male attracted to all races of women--including Middle Eastern women. I'm glad to see that not all Persians are opposed to interracial marriages.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

A lot of Middle Easterners in America have an intense desire to be white, I've seen this described as "Off-White Dilemma" or "OWD syndrome", some Eurasians and other mixed race people can also suffer from OWD. This causes them to seek to identify with whites and de emphasise their wogginess which goes hand in hand with racism against those they perceive to be racially beneath them, which in America tends to mean Blacks and Hispanics but can also include Asians. I've especially seen this among Iranians and Christians of Syrian, Lebanese and Palestinian origin. They are in fact classified as "white" in America despite their woggy, Middle Eastern appearance. Unfortunately some of them actually believe they ARE white and they adapt some of the racist views of white Americans.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Seeker wrote:A lot of Middle Easterners in America have an intense desire to be white, I've seen this described as "Off-White Dilemma" or "OWD syndrome", some Eurasians and other mixed race people can also suffer from OWD. This causes them to seek to identify with whites and de emphasise their wogginess which goes hand in hand with racism against those they perceive to be racially beneath them, which in America tends to mean Blacks and Hispanics but can also include Asians. I've especially seen this among Iranians and Christians of Syrian, Lebanese and Palestinian origin. They are in fact classified as "white" in America despite their woggy, Middle Eastern appearance. Unfortunately some of them actually believe they ARE white and they adapt some of the racist views of white Americans.
According to our government

http://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

they are White.