Are women more financially irresponsible?

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Are women more financially irresponsible?

Post by Traveler »

According to a bill collector:

Women, especially women under the age of 30, generally have a higher delinquency rate and much higher debt balances than their male counterparts. In general, North American women, regardless of ethnicity, are more likely than men to:
  • Owe money to more than one institution and have higher delinquency rates.
  • Be out shopping, discover they can’t use a credit card because they are maxed out, and phone in to ask for an increase in their credit line.
  • Get upset while discussing their sizable debt and their options for repayment.
  • Want to chat about other things for a really, really long time. Why they would want to prop their feet up, get comfortable, and talk interminably with a bill collector is beyond me.
  • Have a male attached to the debt as an authorized user and dismiss the balance as “his responsibility.” It makes no difference if few if any of the purchases on the account have been made by a man.
  • Shop around for lower interest rates.
Shopping for rates is a sign that someone does not understand the way credit works. Many people fall for an offer to transfer their credit balances at a promotional interest rate of zero percent. Unfortunately, the zero percent rate is the carrot to lure you over the dotted legal line. Once you sign, you are now legally tied to what can become a Sisyphean financial treadmill. There will be sudden, “unanticipated” hikes in the rate. If you slip up even once, the rate goes even higher. You can then get hefty monthly charges for being over your limit. Eventually, you discover something called the “right of off-set,” which means the bank can repay itself by taking money right out of any account you own. Again, women are more likely than men to transfer their balances in the hope of getting a “low promotional rate.”

What about men? Men with another authorized user attached — usually a wife or girlfriend — have higher delinquency rates and are often well over their limit. They are also more likely to be caught unawares by sudden hikes in rates and unexpected monthly fees. I don’t think I will ever hear these words: "I am in charge of making the money and my husband is in charge of spending it.”
https://www.amren.com/blog/2020/11/what ... ney-talks/
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are women more financially irresponsible?

Post by Moretorque »

Women in general like to spend money and like to have kids and they cost alot of money.

There are some very thrifty women out there as well.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are women more financially irresponsible?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The past few years I have visited the USA, I have noticed young women living WELL beyond their financial means. They live in condos and posh apartments they cannot afford. They eat out everyday. And they feel entitled to the Hollywood-inspired lifestyle of high consumption and prestige. Add to that, hundreds of thousands of dollars of school loan debt.

So yes, this is a big problem that I have noticed. Women tend to use spending as a means of competing with other women for status. What they wear, how they dress, and how they live is how they compete. Trouble is, men don't care about their "status" apart from how attractive they are so it is wasted effort.

There is also a perception that money just comes and goes. The association of work with money is just not there with younger women and they have an almost parasitic need for money unless you set clear, strict limits as is done with children.