Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Post by Maverick »

Jvargasbronx wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Jvargasbronx wrote:I live in New York City throughout my life and every time I'm with a group of friends (they're very cliquish and became acquaintances) or I'm talking to someone, I often feel alone due to the Social Isolation in New York city and let's not forget people are constantly glued to their Iphones, smart phones, Android phones, and tablets. Whenever I get the chance to talk to people and it frustrated me. I mean granted the advanced technology that we Americans obtained is great and all but at the same time its detrimental when longer hours of work and a large amount of online communication take away from personal communication, making it harder to form friendships. Social media such as Facebook and Twitter have also led to a decrease in the amount of personal communication experienced in everyday life, and serves to make emotional attachments more difficult to achieve.
I lived in the NYC area for most of my life. I never had an issue with social isolation.

You should join Meetup groups or something where you can find people with mutual interests.

As far as meeting women, cold approach isn't TERRIBLE there. I met some girls on cold approach that led to something (though, it's a numbers game of course....and you will be best served by developing social circles through what I described above).
well I do have issues with social isolation, most of my life in NYC and who knows it might work. And I've live in New york city most of my live and I'm planning on getting out of the city soon.
Do what I tell you to do and you will have an active social life.

Is it tougher to do than other countries? Sure, but it's possible.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Hackenfall Backslash wrote:If that's how you feel about urban areas, don't even THINK of going to Dixieland. You want social isolation? You want psychological issues? You do? Go to Florida then. Especially the southwest (anything below Hillsborough County but about Miami).

You're pretty much not going to fit in unless you're a certified loser.
I used to live in Orlando before moving to NY. Much, much better than NYC in terms of friendliness. Folks were more approachable, and didn't look at you like you were a serial stalker, and *gasp* they would even smile at you now and again. Conversation was more natural and free flowing, and I didn't feel like I had to put on a mask. I'm speaking in terms of people in general, not just women.

The major downsides are that there is ZERO public transportation to speak of. No car, no life. Everything is set up like a big strip mall, which encourages lots of needless driving. Another downside for single men is that the women, while friendly, tend to be VERY overweight and physically unattractive. It's like the opposite of NYC, where women tend to be physically attractive, but have horrible personalities along with room temperature IQ's.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I loved nyc when I went there. Yall are spoiled.
buddy77
Freshman Poster

@Mr Darcey...

Post by buddy77 »

...what did you love about NYC?
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Everything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Even PAG admits NYC is a lonely place.

https://culturewhiz.org/trip-reports/ne ... nely-place

New York City Can Be One Lonely Place

NYC is for people who like a lot of stimulation and the opportunity, not the guarantee, of being very successful at whatever they end up doing. NYC is littered with people who have money but don't care about meaningful relationships. There's a HUGE rich/poor divide, and that's means people in general are more on guard. A woman that you cold approach doesn't know if you're a hedge fund manager, or a busboy, unless you show value very early on. In most places in the USA, the guy who parks your car is someone you might party with later on. In NYC, the guy who parks your car doesn't speak English.

It is a cutthroat city and you have to be able to handle it. In Manhattan, I know many people who have left claiming that they have a hard time making friends. The corporate-model is what killed the city's unique diversity and character...once the transnationals began establishing disposable white-collar labor-pools---investment bankers---the rents crept steadily up to meet the demand of recent college grads flocking to Manhattan to compete for these corporate jobs...City landlords took full advantage of this influx, and chopped up apartments into ( conversions ) so as to exploit the corporate labor-force that needed to live in the city. After two decades of this model, Manhattan is a giant corporate dormitory and the rest is headed that way.

The transition from a melting pot to a corporate enclave has taken half a century, in 2014 the city is no longer what it was...the arts communities cannot afford the rents, the quirky bars and night-spots have been replaced by The GAP...STARBUCKS, and a vapid variety of other Yuppie venues...corporate-conformity does not blend with an edgy, gilded neon-washed metropolis---just the opposite, it it instills recognizable signatures and confirmations of it's saturation...in a sense the eradication of this once mysterious, lively and unpredictable mystique called Manhattan is emblematic/symptomatic of the corporate takeover of our lives and politics over the last thirty years.

Eventually the rose-colored glasses come off and it turns into just another place to live, so you have to be very honest with yourself whether the cost of admission is worth it to you. After a while, a city is just a city. 9/10 people are dying to come to NYC (or leave) because they feel like they're missing (or looking for) something. That something often has more to do with a human connection with like-minded people and interests, rather than any particular spatial preference. Once they find (or fail to find) this, they make up all the reasons in the world why they love or hate their particular city.

Positive aspects:

1. Lots of stuff to do.

2. People in the Northeast are definitely more 'real' and 'genuine' than people in California.

3. Lots of women to date

Negatives:

1. NYC will financially eat you alive, dig out your pockets until they're empty.

2. Big cities do not foster relationships; rather, making people you know impersonal.

3. The lack of easy access to nature and the ocean
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

I've been to New York City before, and it actually wasn't all that bad in terms of the social atmosphere.

If you think the social scene is bad in New York City, it's over 300 times worse in DuPage County, Illinois.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

traveller wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 10:37 pm
I've been to New York City before, and it actually wasn't all that bad in terms of the social atmosphere.

If you think the social scene is bad in New York City, it's over 300 times worse in DuPage County, Illinois.
"Ripley's Believe It Or Not", NYC used to be a hard place to socialize. Ever since 9/11 almost 20 years ago, NYC has become more Americanized as in that it became gentrified in most of Brooklyn and Manhattan Is. and that most NY'ers are transplants from other parts of America (and also from other parts of the world - although immigrants have always been coming to NYC forever like Batman). Most NYers nowadays lost their accent because of this; now most New Yorkers sound like they are from Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado or Calif.

As vain as this sounds, one of the reasons I love Donald Trump is that he still has his old-school Bklyn-Qns NY'er accent.
He is the best U.S. president of the last half a century and he happens to be from NYC. That shows how no non-sense us traditional NY'ers are.
Most of us relo'ed to Connecticut, Rhode Island, Long Island, upstate [NY State], Jersey, Philly, ATL, Charlotte, VA, and Florida especially in the last qtr of a century; you may thank Giuliani then 9/11 for causing this effect.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 1:17 pm
traveller wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 10:37 pm

"Ripley's Believe It Or Not", NYC used to be a hard place to socialize. Ever since 9/11 almost 20 years ago, NYC has become more Americanized as in that it became gentrified in most of Brooklyn and Manhattan Is. and that most NY'ers are transplants from other parts of America (and also from other parts of the world - although immigrants have always been coming to NYC forever like Batman). Most NYers nowadays lost their accent because of this; now most New Yorkers sound like they are from Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado or Calif.

As vain as this sounds, one of the reasons I love Donald Trump is that he still has his old-school Bklyn-Qns NY'er accent.
He is the best U.S. president of the last half a century and he happens to be from NYC. That shows how no non-sense us traditional NY'ers are.
Most of us relo'ed to Connecticut, Rhode Island, Long Island, upstate [NY State], Jersey, Philly, ATL, Charlotte, VA, and Florida especially in the last qtr of a century; you may thank Giuliani then 9/11 for causing this effect.
Seriously! Donald Trump!? Trump is wiping out Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. Trump's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic is terrible! Because of Trump's irresponsible behaviors, Covid-19 is no longer confined to a few pockets of the country, but is widespread nationwide and continues to spread like a California wildfire in 100 mph Santa Ana winds. Because of Trump, Covid-19 has spread to the point where bars, nightclubs, and restaurants are closed, amusement parks are closed, beaches are closed, the whole country has ground to a halt. Now it's going to take nothing less than a nationwide Martial law enforced total lockdown to stop Covid-19 from spreading.

Donald Trump is the WORST president in American history! Worse than even George W. Bush.