Why does the media think employment/GDP = happiness?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Why does the media think employment/GDP = happiness?

Post by Winston »

What I don't get is why the media considers happiness to be all about employment, so that employment = happiness? When they speak of a country's happiness, they do it in terms of employment rate and GDP, as if that were all that mattered in life. They assume that GDP determines national happiness, when it does not. In their view, work and productivity are all that matters in the universe, whereas romance, passion, love, sex, connection, friendship, feeling needed and needing others, creative expression, adventure, etc. don't matter and have nothing to do with happiness. It's as if the media is saying that even if you have no love, romance, passion, sex, friends, connection or adventure in your life, and you are lonely, you ought to be happy as long as you have a shitty job to go to everyday that keeps you in enslavement! It makes no fricking sense! Is the media sociopathic with no human emotion, like the Borg?

Furthermore, most Americans get up for work every morning sluggishly, wishing they could sleep in. Unless they love their job, they work for a paycheck, and dream of retiring. So if work is something they are forced to do, why then does the media see work as giving people "ALL the happiness they need?" Why does "voluntary enslavement to pay bills" = happiness in the eyes of the media?

Why does the media assume things that are NOT true?! It's so fricking weird! What is their fricking problem? I don't get it. This world doesn't make sense to me, and it ought not to make sense to a sane authentic clear-headed unprogrammed person.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Re: Why does the media think employment/GDP = happiness?

Post by Heart of Shadows »

Pretty obvious man.
That kind of attitude is good to brainwash a society into doing what benefits it as instead of people.
"Shut up... give your best years to us and in turn you'll either get satisfaction in your job or your just lazy.
Not saying anything against hard work as to get what you want in life you gotta work hard but nowadays its like my parents, family,etc try to feed me that bullshit that you need to get some random jab, stay at it and work and then eventually you'll get everything you'll ever want without planning or even thinking about what you want.

Winston you ever watch the pursuit of happyness?
When I was younger my mother forced me to watch it and all it amounts to is that a job is happiness, the middle class are lazy, the rich are giving and if you aren't happy or don't make it then you are a loser who should just die anyway.
Made me laugh that people actually praised it as a triumph story.
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:What I don't get is why the media considers happiness to be all about employment, so that employment = happiness? When they speak of a country's happiness, they do it in terms of employment rate and GDP, as if that were all that mattered in life. They assume that GDP determines national happiness, when it does not. In their view, work and productivity are all that matters in the universe, whereas romance, passion, love, sex, connection, friendship, feeling needed and needing others, creative expression, adventure, etc. don't matter and have nothing to do with happiness. It's as if the media is saying that even if you have no love, romance, passion, sex, friends, connection or adventure in your life, and you are lonely, you ought to be happy as long as you have a shitty job to go to everyday that keeps you in enslavement! It makes no fricking sense! Is the media sociopathic with no human emotion, like the Borg?

Furthermore, most Americans get up for work every morning sluggishly, wishing they could sleep in. Unless they love their job, they work for a paycheck, and dream of retiring. So if work is something they are forced to do, why then does the media see work as giving people "ALL the happiness they need?" Why does "voluntary enslavement to pay bills" = happiness in the eyes of the media?

Why does the media assume things that are NOT true?! It's so fricking weird! What is their fricking problem? I don't get it. This world doesn't make sense to me, and it ought not to make sense to a sane authentic clear-headed unprogrammed person.
In western cultures, work is seen as the main event in a persons life. You give your life over to a company, in exchange they pay you money and this is supposed to lead to happiness! WTF? :shock:

I heard a report on the news that said 78% of Americans HATE their jobs! How can you be happy if you hate your job? The media or television programs never talk about that! Now I know why so many people can't wait to retire! :D

In America it's life, liberty and the pursuit of a paycheck! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
odbo
Veteran Poster

gross national happiness

Post by odbo »

Bhutan uses GDH instead of GDP, at least it used to. It's gotten pretty f***ed up in the last several years with the influx of televisions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhutan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_national_happiness
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

jamesbond wrote:
Winston wrote:What I don't get is why the media considers happiness to be all about employment, so that employment = happiness? When they speak of a country's happiness, they do it in terms of employment rate and GDP, as if that were all that mattered in life. They assume that GDP determines national happiness, when it does not. In their view, work and productivity are all that matters in the universe, whereas romance, passion, love, sex, connection, friendship, feeling needed and needing others, creative expression, adventure, etc. don't matter and have nothing to do with happiness. It's as if the media is saying that even if you have no love, romance, passion, sex, friends, connection or adventure in your life, and you are lonely, you ought to be happy as long as you have a shitty job to go to everyday that keeps you in enslavement! It makes no fricking sense! Is the media sociopathic with no human emotion, like the Borg?

In western cultures, work is seen as the main event in a persons life. You give your life over to a company, in exchange they pay you money and this is supposed to lead to happiness! WTF? :shock:

I heard a report on the news that said 78% of Americans HATE their jobs! How can you be happy if you hate your job? The media or television programs never talk about that! Now I know why so many people can't wait to retire! :D

It's sad really, I hang out in coffee shops and young people really don't talk much about anything other then school or work. "So what's your major?" "So what school are you going to?" "I got into grad school." "I work full time while going to school." "So are you in school?"

Really, I'm so sick of the SAME boring 21 questions and conversations that lack any unique personal perspective.

Young people today have no concept of international travel other then flying to Mexico to binge drink and party, they have lost all ingenuity which is why industry in America is dieing, and young people are afraid to take any kind of worthwhile risks.

As far as retirement, many young people will NEVER see the day because many will die at young ages or they will be so unhealthy/old they will not even be able to enjoy leisure time to it's maximum effect.

It's such a scam, I'm not waiting until 70 to "enjoy" my life, only suckers wait that long to enjoy anything.....
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Northamericanguy wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

It's sad really, I hang out in coffee shops and young people really don't talk much about anything other then school or work. "So what's your major?" "So what school are you going to?" "I got into grad school." "I work full time while going to school." "So are you in school?"

Really, I'm so sick of the SAME boring 21 questions and conversations that lack any unique personal perspective.

Young people today have no concept of international travel other then flying to Mexico to binge drink and party, they have lost all ingenuity which is why industry in America is dieing, and young people are afraid to take any kind of worthwhile risks.

As far as retirement, many young people will NEVER see the day because many will die at young ages or they will be so unhealthy/old they will not even be able to enjoy leisure time to it's maximum effect.

It's such a scam, I'm not waiting until 70 to "enjoy" my life, only suckers wait that long to enjoy anything.....
Why do you think is one of the major reasons why I don't socialize here in America that much?? Because that's all they talk about. In order to break up the conversation of sheeple 0's and 1's mun-lame talks, the moment I make a "lewd" comment just to make them crack a smile and/or to make them laugh out of somebody, next thing you know, they get the manager to kick me out of the establishment or better yet, they call their simp yes man over to have a "you have two choices" bartering with. I always opt out like a scardy cat because I am not trying to fight while I have my eSATA 2TB drive and shiny, white MacBookPro-looking laptop (it's Win 7, virtual Win Server 2008 R2 on it) being stolen from me. Otherwise, I would engage in a spar before the pork patrol make their rounds and spot us in midst of the "crime".

(So now it's a crime to fight/defend yourself? I'm not spending a night in jail because I was spotted fighting in public - regardless of whom had started it)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Buddhism is the official state religion in Bhutan and proselytizing is illegal. This keeps out the Christian groups who work directly through the state department and NGOs to enter Asian countries and destabilize the culture. First the missionaries come and then the guns (and then the TV sets and feminism). That's the way Western culture is spread. As I mentioned in a previous post , once these militant evangelical groups get into the country, they use a combination of financial bribery, fraud, and eventually violence to achieve their aims. Of course, the liberal NGOS and human rights groups scream bloody murder about freedom of religion, providing direct proof that the conservative/liberal divide in the US is bullshit, and they both readily unite when it comes to subverting the third world for their mutual economic benefit. Bhutan may still be a good place to escape Western culture.

http://www.christianaggression.org/item ... 1113838580
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Northamericanguy wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

Why do you think is one of the major reasons why I don't socialize here in America that much?? Because that's all they talk about. In order to break up the conversation of sheeple 0's and 1's mun-lame talks, the moment I make a "lewd" comment just to make them crack a smile and/or to make them laugh out of somebody, next thing you know, they get the manager to kick me out of the establishment or better yet, they call their simp yes man over to have a "you have two choices" bartering with. I always opt out like a scardy cat because I am not trying to fight while I have my eSATA 2TB drive and shiny, white MacBookPro-looking laptop (it's Win 7, virtual Win Server 2008 R2 on it) being stolen from me. Otherwise, I would engage in a spar before the pork patrol make their rounds and spot us in midst of the "crime".

(So now it's a crime to fight/defend yourself? I'm not spending a night in jail because I was spotted fighting in public - regardless of whom had started it)
You know, another "main event," or another thing I have noticed about Americans are the couples who have no life other than living for their kids. These people have 2,3, or 4+ kids that they spend a inordinate amount of time with because they feel they need to come up with all kids of ways to entertain them and show others how "fun" they are and post the escapades on facebook.

What then happens over time is that the children become SPOILED, and the parents in the process RETARD themselves because they never educate or develop themselves outside of the mandatory continuing job education simply because they have no time.

This is why I refuse to have children unless I'm rich, I don't want to give up my time to develop myself to be forced to do something so crude/menial as clean up crap, feed a human, or play silly games like I actually enjoy it. I'm better off getting a job at a mental institution because at least I could get paid for it where with my own child all that investing into the "little one" he/she could turn out to be a F*** up.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

There aren't any societies that are all that advanced on earth. Some finance guys made a graph that shows GDP going up, and an economics text book on how to achieve it, and they were hooked. Now they cannibalize themselves just to move country GDP forward, they don't know what else to do. It's absurd but unfortunately they lack any better measure of things.

Asia seems to emphasize *happiness* more as a measure. That's a pretty f***ing good measure! Better than GDP per capita which is high in the US but everyone is unhealthy and unhappy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Northamericanguy wrote: You know, another "main event," or another thing I have noticed about Americans are the couples who have no life other than living for their kids. These people have 2,3, or 4+ kids that they spend a inordinate amount of time with because they feel they need to come up with all kids of ways to entertain them and show others how "fun" they are and post the escapades on facebook.

What then happens over time is that the children become SPOILED, and the parents in the process RETARD themselves because they never educate or develop themselves outside of the mandatory continuing job education simply because they have no time.

This is why I refuse to have children unless I'm rich, I don't want to give up my time to develop myself to be forced to do something so crude/menial as clean up crap, feed a human, or play silly games like I actually enjoy it. I'm better off getting a job at a mental institution because at least I could get paid for it where with my own child all that investing into the "little one" he/she could turn out to be a F*** up.
So true. Did you read what I wrote about having children in my True Freedom essay?

viewtopic.php?t=10855

Children are like energy vampires and spoiled kings. They take, take and take, but give nothing back. They are all pain and no gain. They suck your energy, time, money, years, freedom, etc. and give NOTHING back to you except maybe a "thank you" when they reach adulthood and leave you. It's a total scam. Anyone with sense can see that it's not worth it. Why give up all your freedom to become a servant and slave to your children, when you get nothing for it? It doesn't make sense. Society is insane and illogical.

The father can still find ways of having his freedom, but the mother is the one who loses all her freedom. So I pity mothers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne