Law & Order: SVU - full of anti-male misandry

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Law & Order: SVU - full of anti-male misandry

Post by jcris7 »

Used to be a big fan of this show when it first aired back in 1999. However, I stopped watching it over the years, as it became unbearable. One of the leads, played by Mariska Hargitay (Det. Olivia Benson), became such a man-hating bitch with a chip on her shoulder. She would treat and have a general contempt for her male counterparts. I remember a few scenes in the later years where she flat out dissed Richard Belzer's character, even when he outranked her with his promotion to Sergeant. In real life, she would have been disciplined for that. The show also started having an anti-male slant, with "the women are angels, men are the devil" bias. Point of this post is that it's also around the same time I woke up to the propaganda machine of American television. Coincidence perhaps? Maybe.

I happened to catch the season 13 premiere last week, out of boredom while channel surfing. The usual "immigrant cries rape" with a powerful Italian diplomat. It reeked of the whole Dominique Strauss-Kahn debacle. The defense jumped on her lying about being gang raped in Sudan to seek political asylum here in America, and having a bust for prostitution there. There was a lot of gray area, but they painted a strong picture that she was doing it for the money, and trying to extort. Sound familiar?
Last edited by jcris7 on September 27th, 2011, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: Law & Order: SVU - full of anti-male misandry

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

jcris7 wrote:Used to be a big fan of this show when it first aired back in 1999. However, I stopped watching it over the years, as it became unbearable. One of the leads, played by Mariska Hargitay (Det. Olivia Benson), became such a man-hating bitch with a chip on her shoulder. She would treat and have a general contempt for her male counterparts. I remember a few scenes in the later years where she flat out dissed Richard Belzer's character, even when he outranked her with his promotion to Sergeant. In real life, she would have been disciplined for that. The show also starting having an anti-male slant, with "the women are angels, men are the devil" bias. Point of this post is that it's also around the same time I woke up to the propaganda machine of American television. Coincidence perhaps? Maybe.

I happened to catch the season 13 premiere last week, out of boredom while channel surfing. The usual "immigrant cries rape" with a powerful Italian diplomat. It reeked of the whole Dominique Strauss-Kahn debacle. The defense jumped on her lying about being gang raped in Sudan to seek political asylum here in America, and having a bust for prostitution there. There was a lot of gray area, but they painted a strong picture that she was doing it for the money, and trying to extort. Sound familiar?
To be honest, this is my favorite show on TV, after Monday Night Raw (WWE), of course. I do not agree with the possible anti-male message, but I can ignore it because, after all, it's just a show. However, I would stop watching it if it went too far in its anti male message.

Also, do you think that Mr. DSK (Dominique Strauss-Kahn) was guilty? I personally think that the only thing he may have been guilty of is bad judgement.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Honestly, he looks guilty only because he was framed, so no. I'll agree that it was a case of bad judgement on his behalf.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

jcris7 wrote:Honestly, he looks guilty only because he was framed, so no. I'll agree that it was a case of bad judgement on his behalf.

Why, in your opinion, do you think so many people supported the woman?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

holy shit that show sux balls now....

that bitch who was raped hates every godam man in NYC and treats them all like potential rapists.

i refuse to give that shit any ratings support by tuning in.

f**k that female media agenda nonsense...ill go watch reruns of the original man-show
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

onezero4u wrote:holy shit that show sux balls now....

that bitch who was raped hates every godam man in NYC and treats them all like potential rapists.

f**k that female media agenda nonsense...ill go watch reruns of the original man-show
One of these days, I will have to check it out to see if it is as bad as you're saying, because like I said: Law & Order: SVU is my favorite show in TV after WWE's Monday Night Raw. I hope it is not as bad as you say, sir...
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Remember the pimp in the movie "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster?

"Looks like we got ourselves a supercunt!"

steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

jcris7 wrote:

She looks so sweet and feminine......NOT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :P This picture is SPOT on about the attitudes that lay in the subconscious minds of today's generation of American women.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

steve55 wrote:
jcris7 wrote:

She looks so sweet and feminine......NOT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :P This picture is SPOT on about the attitudes that lay in the subconscious minds of today's generation of American women.
LOL. Maybe we can use that photo in our approachable faces gallery to compare AW to FW. LOL
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

LOL, yea. I'll title it "a view inside the subconscious mind of an American woman when being approached"