Why do Asian girls love feminine Asian guys?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

[img]http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/74a1cf65dbe856ba5e8ae1926ce5f4fa_large.jpg[/img]
李敏鎬 Lee Min-Ho, South Korea

^ Yes, this guy is very Korean!

I'd almost split Korean dudes into three categories. I'll see all three tomorrow on the subway with very few deviations.

1) "Middle class normal guy" - like the guy above. One must look clean and in control at all times. One must look at catalogs in bed. Very clean, conservative, thin, ironed shirt, tucked into black slacks, shiny shoes, plastic surgery on any odd facial features. These dudes can be cool, my buddy is a #1. He's a womanizer and funny as shit. He just happens to look 10% gay, cause he grew up here and to an American's eyes it's a bit odd. It also happens to be just simple friendliness, he's not pissed off at the world and so looks happy, that's got gay, but uncommon in America.

2) "That guy must be gay guy" - these are the guys that really creep me out. Especially seen in university districts. They are 20s, super thin, very fem, at times even makeup, tight goofy clothing, no testosterone at all. They are seen with their cute girlfriends are you aren't sure which is the girl! Yikes. These #2 guys I just don't understand, they are like 80% gay except for the sex with guys part. Once they graduate they become #1s.

3) "Tough as nails guy" - I work out every day, and there are plenty of these guys at the gym. They seems to be guys from the older generation, they bark out orders, people do what they say, they drink a lot, they work at Samsung and make a lot of money, they take shit from nobody. At the slightest sign of disrespect sleeves get rolled up, but inside they are pretty cool laid back dudes. Koreans are healthier than Amercians, but not as big because there isn't all that fat and not as big boned. So these dudes tend to be leaner, faster, lighter, but still tough as shit. They are 0% gay. I know a #3 and he's a fuckin cool dude.

So there's my KR report. But yeah, #2s, what's up with these guys?!
seoulbro
Freshman Poster

Post by seoulbro »

chanta76 wrote:Naoki,

Not sure if this a troll post but I visited South Korea often. At least with Korea the young Korean girls prefer the masculine pretty look which is not too dissimilar to america where young American girls prefer masculine pretty boy looks. For example look at boys bands in those two countries. South Korean boy bands are pretty boys with a masculine spin on it which are the same with USA. I'm talking about teenagers and boy bands.

Now if your talking about looking macho with muscles and tattoos. Some Korean girls do go for that look but it's just a minority. I think height is bigger factor . Asian guys are getting taller which is good but still compared to Northern Europeans not as tall.

In America they do prefer the more macho look but guess what. I see allot more Asian American guys hitting the gym looking buff with tattoos but most of these Asian American guys chase after the Asian American girls.

I think Asian American guys can get white girls if they put the time and effort into it. Most white girls do not get approach by Asian men so they don't really have an opinion. If anything height is really a bigger issue than racial stereotype.

For example I seen 6 ft tall Asian American guys date white girls at a easier rate compared to an Asian guy who is 5'8 . But if the 5'8 Asian guy is 200lbs of muscles ....it's different story.

And also k-pop and j-pop has an international following of western women. There are white girls who find asian men attractive base upon k-pop and Asian soap opera. So I don't agree with everything your saying.

Yes, there is some racism toward asian men in the dating game but the other factor is that Asian guys don't really chase after white girls at the same rate you see white guys chasing after asian girls. That's part of the reason why you see more Asian women with white men.

I really think a decent successful Asian American guy with a good head on his shoulder should have no trouble dating all types of women.
Some Western women like androgynous looking Asian men. I am speaking from personal experience. There are also Asian women who like hirstute, burly Caucasian men.
seoulbro
Freshman Poster

Post by seoulbro »

sushiman wrote:[img]http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/74a1cf65dbe856ba5e8ae1926ce5f4fa_large.jpg[/img]

I'd almost split Korean dudes into three categories. I'll see all three tomorrow on the subway with very few deviations.

1) "Middle class normal guy" - like the guy above. One must look clean and in control at all times. One must look at catalogs in bed. Very clean, conservative, thin, ironed shirt, tucked into black slacks, shiny shoes, plastic surgery on any odd facial features. These dudes can be cool, my buddy is a #1. He's a womanizer and funny as shit. He just happens to look 10% gay, cause he grew up here and to an American's eyes it's a bit odd. It also happens to be just simple friendliness, he's not pissed off at the world and so looks happy, that's got gay, but uncommon in America.

2) "That guy must be gay guy" - these are the guys that really creep me out. Especially seen in university districts. They are 20s, super thin, very fem, at times even makeup, tight goofy clothing, no testosterone at all. They are seen with their cute girlfriends are you aren't sure which is the girl! Yikes. These #2 guys I just don't understand, they are like 80% gay except for the sex with guys part. Once they graduate they become #1s.

3) "Tough as nails guy" - I work out every day, and there are plenty of these guys at the gym. They seems to be guys from the older generation, they bark out orders, people do what they say, they drink a lot, they work at Samsung and make a lot of money, they take shit from nobody. At the slightest sign of disrespect sleeves get rolled up, but inside they are pretty cool laid back dudes. Koreans are healthier than Amercians, but not as big because there isn't all that fat and not as big boned. So these dudes tend to be leaner, faster, lighter, but still tough as shit. They are 0% gay. I know a #3 and he's a fuckin cool dude.

Sushiman, I am a Korean-Canadian male and that is the most accurate description of Korean men I have ever seen. My hat is off to you sir.
seoulbro
Freshman Poster

Post by seoulbro »

eurobrat wrote:The GQ metro look only works on picking up girls under about 22 years old. After that they go after the thug look, tattoo sleeves, muscular biggest guy in the room.
I agree with that except I would lower it to age 20.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

sushiman wrote:[img]http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/74a1cf65dbe856ba5e8ae1926ce5f4fa_large.jpg[/img]
I watched the Korean version of City Hunter last year, he was the main actor in the TV series. IMO the whole show was like an extended Apple products commercial.

=========================

On side note, American Eagle Outfitters is known to employ Asian male models in their ads:

United Colors of Benetton also ran a few ads with Asian males, but sadly these are not popular brands with Asian Americans in general:

Hmm... what's she holding there between his legs? LoL.

UCB's ads were quite controversial:

Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Yeah. Almost like the same thing I said earlier, Asian guys increase their general masculinity very quickly after they leave their young adult years behind. Those same young adult years where they are bombarded with TV and magazine depictions telling them they should act and look like women - not to mention the severe peer pressure younger individuals had to face. It is when they got older that they start to think more for themselves and revert to their natural manly state.

And I have also stated that colleges are actually the worst place to get a girlfriend nowadays. The guys are so girly and hipsterish and the girls....ergh. I think Winston's term of "Hello Kitty gay-ass fake cuteness" describes them the best. Ergh!!
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

momopi wrote:UCB's ads were quite controversial:

That's hawt. They should do one with North and South Korea's leaders.
Atarii
Freshman Poster

Post by Atarii »

chanta76 wrote:The average Asian guy in Asia look like none of those guys on those pictures.

Asia is still male dominate . Saying that with the media they do portray pretty boys...and some Asian girls go for the pretty boy look. Maybe to some of the posters here they think the pretty boy look gay a** but is what it is.

Imagine if Winston had Takeshi Kaneshiro looks...you think he be ranting ? I really think Winston with Takeshi Kaneshiro looks would of done much better in Russia and probably would have gotten rape in the Philippines .
Still, if Winston lost weight, he would probably look closer to Jet Li.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Modern woman goes for what the media shows her to be the "right" guy. If in North Korea soap operas, music clips and commercials feature these shemales then women will associate that with status. It's the same media brainwashing that's going on in the US.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
An image you posted in page 2 of this thread was flagged by Google as malware. As a result, we are now flagged as "infected" by Google and antivirus programs. Gee thanks. :P I have no idea how any viruses or malware can be passed through an image though. Weird.

Anyway, I already removed it and am submitting a reconsideration request to Google. Next time, please don't post images from that URL or domain name again. Here is the image URL that Google flagged in your post:

From your post at:
viewtopic.php?p=92822#92822

Code: Select all

You cannot be like them today because they're young and handsome in their youthful looks, not a "金魚老".  Think of younger version of Zac Efron, Tom Daley, or Taylor Lutner.  But, they cannot retain their looks when they hit your age (or mine) either.  There is attraction in handsome young men in their sexual prime, with better vitality, endurance, and youthful optimism.  Also, from personal observation, looks for men seems to matter more with Koreans and Japanese than Taiwanese.

[img]http://sssfc.com/wp-content/uploads/Zac_Efron_Photo.jpg[/img]
The image URL above was what caused the malware. Next time, don't post any links or images from it.

The malware warning from Google below:
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: abuse@happierabroad.com; admin@happierabroad.com; administrator@happierabroad.com; contact@happierabroad.com; info@happierabroad.com; postmaster@happierabroad.com; support@happierabroad.com; webmaster@happierabroad.com
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:02 PM
Subject: Malware notification regarding happierabroad.com

Dear site owner or webmaster of happierabroad.com,
We recently discovered that some of your pages can cause users to be infected with malicious software. We have begun showing a warning page to users who visit these pages by clicking a search result on Google.com.
Below is an example URL on your site which can cause users to be infected (space inserted to prevent accidental clicking in case your mail client auto-links URLs):
viewtopic.php?t=15381&start=15&sid=b386 ... 307f61bc39
Here is a link to a sample warning page:
http://www.google.com/interstitial?url= ... 307f61bc39
We strongly encourage you to investigate this immediately to protect your visitors. Although some sites intentionally distribute malicious software, in many cases the webmaster is unaware because:
1) the site was compromised
2) the site doesn't monitor for malicious user-contributed content
3) the site displays content from an ad network that has a malicious advertiser
If your site was compromised, it's important to not only remove the malicious (and usually hidden) content from your pages, but to also identify and fix the vulnerability. We suggest contacting your hosting provider if you are unsure of how to proceed. StopBadware also has a resource page for securing compromised sites:
http://www.stopbadware.org/home/security
Once you've secured your site, you can request that the warning be removed by visiting
http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... swer=45432
and requesting a review. If your site is no longer harmful to users, we will remove the warning.
Sincerely,
Google Search Quality Team
Note: if you have an account in Google's Webmaster Tools, you can verify the authenticity of this message by logging into https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/siteoverview and going to the Message Center, where a warning will appear shortly.
Last edited by Winston on May 20th, 2013, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The jpg file itself does not appear to contain malware, but the domain has been blacklisted by Google on May 19:

"Of the 89 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-05-19, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-05-19.
Malicious software includes 10 exploit(s)."
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do Asian girls love feminine Asian guys?

Post by Anonymous1 »

OutWest wrote:
Naoki wrote:I find this really repulsive. What the hell is their problem?

Especially in Japan and Korea ,where almost every young guys are struggling to look and act feminine in order to get attention from girls. When every time you turn on TV, you are bombard by those sissy boys as if you are suppose to looks and behaves like them. To me, it's inhuman and disgusting.

I know the situation is similar in America where guys there are struggling to get attention from girls too. But the way American guys get attention from girls is go to gym to work out and build their muscles. And the media promote macho guys rather than sissy guys. It's natural for men to be masculine to get attention from girls. But being feminine to get girl's attention? That's unnatural!

Also, why do western women find Asian guys feminine and asexual?
Sure, we are smaller and have softer facial feature than men of other races. But I think it's not all the reason.
IMO, Asian women's awful taste on Asian men is the biggest reason.
In order to get Asian women's attention, Asian men in Asian country have no choice but being feminine. Thus, cause the false impression to western girls.
So what is your point exactly? If some Asian men want to be pussies so that degenerate Asian girls will like them, it is a pathological situation both ways. If a western girl or Asian girl who has her head on right, wants a man and not some idiotic p***y, what's the problem?

Whining and bitching about being a victim is not what men do anyway, so I guess it is a self-defining problem and solution.
In the US or anywhere else, he-bitches are a sign of societal degeneration. It is not some kind of "necessity".
When a male will sell his soul and become a bitch so that some degenerate girl will mate with him, he deserves whatever he gets from that point out.

I ASSURE you, ROK special forces are not bitches, and there are still men in Japan with the soul of a Samurai. I know both.

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Outwest...well Western girls like Justin beiber :lol:
so its probably a international phenomenon if that sissy boy gets so much love
abg98
Freshman Poster

Post by abg98 »

From my observations as a hallyu fan and conversations with Korean friends, the ideal is maybe a bit more feminine-presenting, but that's about it. It's really about looking like a model with clothes on and revealing your manliness (muscle tone) when they come off. No one's drooling over soft stomachs and stick-straight arms.

Seeing men put time and effort into fashion and appearance as "gay" or full-out feminine seems to be a very Euro-/US-centric view of gender (presentation). Americans (men and women) especially seem to have a problem understanding that putting effort into dressing well doesn't automatically equate to vanity or being "gay." In the Wodaabe society, men enter a beauty pageant to be selected by women. That doesn't make them gay.

Everyone has their body type preference, but most fashionable wear is made to flatter slim bodies most.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Those are very typical in Taiwan. Notice the gay a** innocent smile and look on their faces. How the f**k can a normal straightforward outspoken guy like me emulate that to fit in in Taiwan? It's so gay a**! Now you guys see why I don't fit in Taiwan. There's no way I can emulate a gay a** innocent lighthearted sterile personality and expression, the guys have above. Yuck. It's sick and inhuman. Yet that's the ideal and norm in Taiwan?! WTF?! No wonder Taiwan is weird. No one can be that innocent naturally. It's like they are trying too hard to be innocent. Weird. Doesn't make sense and doesn't fit in my world. Weird, weird, weird.

Now you guys see what I mean. The expressions above say it all. Would you guys like me if I acted like that, super gay a** innocent? lol

I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
In Taiwan, people keep saying I look like I'm almost 30, even though I'm actually almost 10 years younger. Some people are even surprised when I tell them my age, and often balk in surprise, saying, "But you look so ... mature!" I guess it's simply because I don't look like a pre-pubescent boy?

But in Indonesia, Mexico, the Philippines and other countries when the average man in his 20's tends to look more masculine, people all say I look my age and aren't surprised at all when I tell them my age.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Post by onethousandknives »

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:Those are very typical in Taiwan. Notice the gay a** innocent smile and look on their faces. How the f**k can a normal straightforward outspoken guy like me emulate that to fit in in Taiwan? It's so gay a**! Now you guys see why I don't fit in Taiwan. There's no way I can emulate a gay a** innocent lighthearted sterile personality and expression, the guys have above. Yuck. It's sick and inhuman. Yet that's the ideal and norm in Taiwan?! WTF?! No wonder Taiwan is weird. No one can be that innocent naturally. It's like they are trying too hard to be innocent. Weird. Doesn't make sense and doesn't fit in my world. Weird, weird, weird.

Now you guys see what I mean. The expressions above say it all. Would you guys like me if I acted like that, super gay a** innocent? lol

I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
In Taiwan, people keep saying I look like I'm almost 30, even though I'm actually almost 10 years younger. Some people are even surprised when I tell them my age, and often balk in surprise, saying, "But you look so ... mature!" I guess it's simply because I don't look like a pre-pubescent boy?

But in Indonesia, Mexico, the Philippines and other countries when the average man in his 20's tends to look more masculine, people all say I look my age and aren't surprised at all when I tell them my age.
Asians, assuming their diet and lifestyle is OK, I think have pretty much the best genetics on the planet for everything. My Vietnamese barber for example, looks about 35, and is over 50.

That guy there is Chinese Olympic weightlifter and Olympic gold medalist Lu Xiaojun. He is 29-30 years old in those pictures. Besides slightly more visible muscle, and a slightly stronger jawline, he pretty much does just look like a K-Pop star but is one of the strongest men on Earth today. I mean, people (mostly white people do this) can talk shit about Asians "not being masculine enough" and "lacking testosterone" or eating too much tofu or whatever, but this is pretty much the equivalent of a fat girl badmouthing the skinny girl in class and saying she's got real curves for real men.

Thankfully I have more along the lines of the "Asian problem" and most of the time still get carded at liquor stores and have people call me "that kid" at 24. So it's all good.