12 Reasons NOT to get a Dog - Why are Americans so crazy about them?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 12 Reasons NOT to get a dog! Why are they so common?

Post by jamesbond »

I am actually thinking about getting a dog. Now I just need to find one that doesn't shed a lot of fur.

Dogs are more loyal than women are. As the old saying goes, "A dog is a man's best friend." :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Dogs can be fun, I am thinking about getting one. I need one that does not shed a lot of fur.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re: 12 Reasons NOT to get a dog! Why are Americans so crazy about them?

Post by josephty2 »

a dog will judge you.

a dog will bark excessively (or even bite!) at people with unusual fetishes. See, thats why Americans are obsessed with dogs.

a dog has the ability to kill babies.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: 12 Reasons NOT to get a Dog - Why are Americans so crazy about them?

Post by Winston »

Matt explains why the official explanation for the origin of dogs, that they are domesticated wolves from 15,000 years ago, doesn't hold water and is BS. Very interesting. He is one of the few on YouTube that is on the same wavelength as me.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
December 24th, 2015, 11:42 pm
Dogs are more loyal than women are. As the old saying goes, "A dog is a man's best friend." :D
Women smell better.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't have a dog. I wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Having a dog is at odds with traveling and going to different cultures.

I am planning on letting one of my kids have a hamster. I'm hoping we can line up a hamster sitter if we go abroad for a while.
Joe_
Freshman Poster

Post by Joe_ »

Last edited by Joe_ on April 6th, 2022, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Dogs annoy the crap out of me. Their barking can be really annoying. They are tick and flea factories. Their saliva has some really gnarly bacteria that can kill you. They stink. They turn your nice lawn into filthy shit covered one. And no, cleaning up the turd in the grass doesn’t clean your lawn. There is still shit residue in the grass after you clean up the repulsive dog turds. They can get you in trouble by attacking neighborhood cats, dogs or people. They do annoying things like shake off their wet hair all over you, try to lick your face while you are doing something at their height, such as fixing the kitchen sink. They can destroy all of your furniture. You have to build a fence to keep them in, pay extra money for the vet bills and food. No thanks
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Like Sidney said in "A Better Tomorrow" (英雄本色), "In some ways dogs are superior to men."

I used to have a Labrador mutt that I loved so much, I don't want to have to go through the pain of burying another one again. :cry:

If I end up moving to Hokkaido, though, I'll be needing a 秋田犬 (Akita Inu):

All you betas out there more suited to gentler lower-elevation environments could also get this very snazzy and popular smaller variety, known as the Shiba Inu (柴犬):

If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

NPCslammer wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 7:44 pm
Dogs annoy the crap out of me. Their barking can be really annoying. They are tick and flea factories. Their saliva has some really gnarly bacteria that can kill you. They stink. They turn your nice lawn into filthy shit covered one. And no, cleaning up the turd in the grass doesn’t clean your lawn. There is still shit residue in the grass after you clean up the repulsive dog turds. They can get you in trouble by attacking neighborhood cats, dogs or people. They do annoying things like shake off their wet hair all over you, try to lick your face while you are doing something at their height, such as fixing the kitchen sink. They can destroy all of your furniture. You have to build a fence to keep them in, pay extra money for the vet bills and food. No thanks
Lol. Good points. That's quite a list of reasons not to want a dog. lol. The thing is, most Americans who have dogs put up with all that because they enjoy dogs as if it were part of their family. I don't get it. Americans are strange in a lot of ways. They live to work, act fake, superficial and positive all the time. It doesn't align with my soul. I think the bottom line about dogs is that they just don't fill my void, so all the above isn't worth putting up with. But Americans who like dogs do feel like they fill a void in them I guess. Also, even if I liked dogs, it doesn't mean I want one living in the same space as me and sharing my bed at night. That's going too far. However, I do like golden retriever dogs, they are clean and have a nice color and don't bite and are very cute. I am more of a cat person though. But even cats are only for people who are stable and do not travel much.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

No, they definitely do like them! :D
Joe_ wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 7:02 pm
The Japanese didn't like dogs as much as Americans, from what I saw.
They also have an island full of bunnies
大久野島
http://rabbit-island.info/

and (note @Winston , since you said you're a cat person) an island full of cats:
青島 aka 猫の島
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

WilliamSmith wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 10:53 pm
No, they definitely do like them! :D
Joe_ wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 7:02 pm
The Japanese didn't like dogs as much as Americans, from what I saw.
They also have an island full of bunnies
大久野島
http://rabbit-island.info/

and (note @Winston , since you said you're a cat person) an island full of cats:
青島 aka 猫の島
https://youtu.be/92wtDKCtOiU
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Winston wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 10:09 pm
NPCslammer wrote:
Lol. Good points. That's quite a list of reasons not to want a dog. lol. The thing is, most Americans who have dogs put up with all that because they enjoy dogs as if it were part of their family. I don't get it. Americans are strange in a lot of ways. They live to work, act fake, superficial and positive all the time. It doesn't align with my soul. I think the bottom line about dogs is that they just don't fill my void, so all the above isn't worth putting up with. But Americans who like dogs do feel like they fill a void in them I guess. Also, even if I liked dogs, it doesn't mean I want one living in the same space as me and sharing my bed at night. That's going too far. However, I do like golden retriever dogs, they are clean and have a nice color and don't bite and are very cute. I am more of a cat person though. But even cats are only for people who are stable and do not travel much.
I like the miniature dachshunds but would still never get one for the above mentioned reasons. Puppies are always cute and fun to play with. But that’s it. I like cats, but would probably never buy one as a pet, maybe as an outdoor cat; but that’s it. I never understood Americans with their dog obsession either.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

NPCslammer wrote:
March 13th, 2022, 12:06 am
Winston wrote:
March 12th, 2022, 10:09 pm
NPCslammer wrote:
I like the miniature dachshunds but would still never get one for the above mentioned reasons. Puppies are always cute and fun to play with. But that’s it. I like cats, but would probably never buy one as a pet, maybe as an outdoor cat; but that’s it. I never understood Americans with their dog obsession either.
It is still better than having kids. Much less hassle.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Wow, that's awesome, thanks @NPCslammer ! :D
I didn't know about that.

Here it is embedded:

And here's another feature about the Fox Village: