Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Post by kangarunner »

Maybe it's because most Americans simply live in FEAR. Because they are fearful, they DO WHAT THEY'RE TOLD.

Yes, I'm ranting.....America is only a couple hundred years old. Less than 250 years old. It's not a melting pot. It's a freakshow.

"Empty, depressing, meaningless, dark vibe"......it is only that way to free-thinking, spiritual people who are in the minority.
Henry David Thoreau's quote “the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation” was an observation that most people live an empty life caused by unfulfilling work, lack of leisure time and misplaced values; money, possessions and accolades. Thoreau claimed the value we attach to possessions, money and status is wrong.
Henry David Thoreau Quotes

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
We also have to consider that the person who seeks out the "happier abroad" concept must be on the right side of the bell curve.

Americans are mindless workers. They are content with their monotonous lives of slavery. The love of money is the root of all evil. Money is God in America. Greed and envy have taken over and no one is free.

This country will slowly become worse and worse like cancer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 3:51 pm
kangarunner wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 2:34 pm
Winston wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 9:18 am
@kangarunner
Now that you're back in the US, do you also notice this empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America? It's hard to explain in words, it's like a black goo that's eating up your soul and eating up your joy and aliveness. You know what I mean? And of course, it's taboo to talk about it, so you can't be honest about it either. Suck, just like Taiwan does, huh?

Anyone else here notice the same? Doesn't it make you feel hopeless and on the verge of losing your mind? It's so awful and isolating, especially when you cannot talk about it and express yourself.
This is a good topic to read through even though it's over 11 pages.

I'm only here to see my family before they die because I would be a selfish bastard if I didn't do that. With that being said, I truly hate America with a burning passion. I'm in Memphis, TN. It's a boring, sterile place. Beaches = 0. Mountains = 0. Walkability = 0. Fun = 0. I'm not trying to sound negative or be a downer but the women here are all ugly as shit. The first thing I noticed was how serious and focused everyone looks. In SE Asia, at least there's a cheerful, playful vibe to the people. I can walk down the street in Saigon and people will smile and I smile back and it makes every day happy.

Buying a home in a suburb is like buying your own solitary confinement.

I'm just waiting patiently and making my diabolical plan to escape.
Asia is overrated. They are the most passive people ever, and most of their laws suck harder than the laws in the U.S.
Asians are also very good at faking happiness. Just look at how well the Filipinos do it, including the ones living in extreme poverty. Yet you can find endless videos on youtube where people in those countries are openly admitting to being miserable. I know the U.S. suck but damn everywhere else suck equally as much as here, they just suck on a different level. I remember Wintston said "China is more freer than the U.S." lol no offense to him but sometimes I think people say stuff just to hear themselves talk.

How anyone can believe China is better than the U.S. must be a fool. Because for one the Chinese control every aspect of life including the damn air you breath. Half the stuff you can say openly on this site you wouldn't be allowed to even do that over there. I'm not denying that the U.S. is crap because it is, but I'm also not so blind to believe all these other countries are better either. Especially considering the fact Europe is flooding itself full of people from Africa and Islamic countries which just means they are going to turn those places into their own country in a matter of years. East Europe is mostly poor.

And Americans also aren't the only people who care about making money either. Some cultures are just taught that it's bad to complain no matter how bad they have it in life and if they do complain they get frowned upon for it and Asians care a lot as to what other people think so they bottle all that up, shut up and fake happiness about their living conditions. I know for a fact they use to say its taboo to complain about your problems in a country like Japan so despite people there are unhappy you won't know it because most of them don't complain about it. I'm sure peasants living in Saigon would love to have a lot of money, Vietnamese Americans is already proof that they care. Same thing with Cambodians.

If any of them were giving the chance to make a lot of money they would be obsessed with it like any other person. Because at the end of the day, everyone cares about making a lot of money including some of the phonies on here bad mouthing Americas obsession with it like poorer places don't also do it. Very few people want to live a simple regular life. All first world nations are like this. In Japan alone the young refuse to live in villages among the old, instead they prefer to live in the big cities like Tokyo where all the money is vs being a damn farmer in a dead end village like Nagoro which is so isolated the woman living there had to create dolls just to build a population out of objects because the young don't care about living in village towns where they can't make a lot of money. Again this isn't an American thing, it's a people thing. Look at how everyone globally is obsessed with their cellphones. I don't care what country you go to, if the people have cellphones they are addicted to them just like American people are.
I agree. Asia is much more obsessed with money especially China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan. America may be a workaholic, money obsessed country, but E Asia is a thousand times worse. Some people literally just work and sleep. They don’t have time for anything else. That’s why I don’t think Asia will work out long term for me. The cities are nice and clean, transportation is great, service is great, but the society is soulless. And talking with the average Korean I find very dull and boring. And Europe, like you said, is pretty much giving their countries away to turd world Muslim trash who leech off of their generous benefits and rape their women. But the Europeabrains seem to think it’s great. I’ll probably end up moving to the South Eastern U.S. It’s the part of the country that I enjoyed the most. And it’s pretty damn cheap and conservative still. That being said the U.S. still sucks big time. If the U.S. had some actually affordable medical care that was also better quality, all the other numerous problems would be more tolerable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kangarunner wrote:
Winston wrote:
@kangarunner
Now that you're back in the US, do you also notice this empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America? It's hard to explain in words, it's like a black goo that's eating up your soul and eating up your joy and aliveness. You know what I mean? And of course, it's taboo to talk about it, so you can't be honest about it either. Suck, just like Taiwan does, huh?

Anyone else here notice the same? Doesn't it make you feel hopeless and on the verge of losing your mind? It's so awful and isolating, especially when you cannot talk about it and express yourself.

I'm only here to see my family before they die because I would be a selfish bastard if I didn't do that. With that being said, I truly hate America with a burning passion. I'm in Memphis, TN. It's a boring, sterile place. Beaches = 0. Mountains = 0. Walkability = 0. Fun = 0. I'm not trying to sound negative or be a downer but the women here are all ugly as shit. The first thing I noticed was how serious and focused everyone looks. In SE Asia, at least there's a cheerful, playful vibe to the people. I can walk down the street in Saigon and people will smile and I smile back and it makes every day happy.

We must be similar. We thrive on social connection. Most people probably do not. I guess we are wired differently than others. We also thrive on a good vibe too. It seems most do not care about those things or are unaware of them.

Another thing to be wary of is that the more depressed you are in America, the weaker you will feel too. If you are depressed for a long time, a feeling of doom starts to take over. Then you battle your own subconscious mind too, because your dark side comes out and starts to take over and create a vicious cycle. So there is a lot more at stake here than simply an unfriendly unsocial environment. That's why a toxic environment is more deadly than you think because it brings out your dark side or shadow self too, as Carl Jung called it.

Do any of you notice that too? That the longer you feel depressed in antisocial cliquish countries like America or Taiwan or Japan, where people aren't really interested in making friends or hanging out, that eventually a feeling of doom and dread and hopelessness comes over you too? I don't know. Maybe I'm more sensitive and intense than others. Most people do not feel things intensely though.

I read in the Kybalion that those who feel little happiness also feel little sorry and those who feel intense extreme joy are also capable of intense extreme sadness too. It's part of the universal law of polarity and rhythm. The universe always has an exact opposite waiting for you at the other end of the pendulum. One is supposed to try to transcend this pendulum with the law of neutralization and being above polarities and the inevitable up and down cycle. You guys should read the Kybalion if interested in esoteric truth and hermetic principles. It's very mind blowing and makes a lot of sense. Way ahead of its time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 3:51 pm
kangarunner wrote:
Winston wrote:
@kangarunner

Asia is overrated. They are the most passive people ever, and most of their laws suck harder than the laws in the U.S.
Asians are also very good at faking happiness. Just look at how well the Filipinos do it, including the ones living in extreme poverty. Yet you can find endless videos on youtube where people in those countries are openly admitting to being miserable. I know the U.S. suck but damn everywhere else suck equally as much as here, they just suck on a different level. I remember Wintston said "China is more freer than the U.S." lol no offense to him but sometimes I think people say stuff just to hear themselves talk.

How anyone can believe China is better than the U.S. must be a fool. Because for one the Chinese control every aspect of life including the damn air you breath. Half the stuff you can say openly on this site you wouldn't be allowed to even do that over there. I'm not denying that the U.S. is crap because it is, but I'm also not so blind to believe all these other countries are better either. Especially considering the fact Europe is flooding itself full of people from Africa and Islamic countries which just means they are going to turn those places into their own country in a matter of years. East Europe is mostly poor.

And Americans also aren't the only people who care about making money either. Some cultures are just taught that it's bad to complain no matter how bad they have it in life and if they do complain they get frowned upon for it and Asians care a lot as to what other people think so they bottle all that up, shut up and fake happiness about their living conditions. I know for a fact they use to say its taboo to complain about your problems in a country like Japan so despite people there are unhappy you won't know it because most of them don't complain about it. I'm sure peasants living in Saigon would love to have a lot of money, Vietnamese Americans is already proof that they care. Same thing with Cambodians.

If any of them were giving the chance to make a lot of money they would be obsessed with it like any other person. Because at the end of the day, everyone cares about making a lot of money including some of the phonies on here bad mouthing Americas obsession with it like poorer places don't also do it. Very few people want to live a simple regular life. All first world nations are like this. In Japan alone the young refuse to live in villages among the old, instead they prefer to live in the big cities like Tokyo where all the money is vs being a damn farmer in a dead end village like Nagoro which is so isolated the woman living there had to create dolls just to build a population out of objects because the young don't care about living in village towns where they can't make a lot of money. Again this isn't an American thing, it's a people thing. Look at how everyone globally is obsessed with their cellphones. I don't care what country you go to, if the people have cellphones they are addicted to them just like American people are.
You are way generalizing and I can tell you have not even been to China. Only Americans who watch CNN think China is as unfree as you imagine. A few points.

First, go to China and ask people there. They will tell you that they do not feel that China is unfree as CNN claims, they do not like some things about their government of course, but they do feel free most of the time and they will tell you that their government isn't as bad as the Western media claims. There are many good things about it. For example, there is a one party system so things get done in China, not gridlocked like in America.

Second, I was in China for about a year. I never felt unfree. No cops or government agents bothered me. So can you explain to me why I would feel unfree? Unfree about what? The US media never explains why China is unfree. All it says is that you can't protest against government there. So what? Is that all that matters? Protesting is useless and accomplishes NOTHING as we all know. If that's the only example the US has of China being unfree, then it speaks volumes and means they have NOTHING.

Honestly, I did not feel unfree in China. The government never told me what to do. Even the cops in China are nice and polite, they are not itching for a fight like cops in the US are. Did you know that??? Ask @ethan_sg and @zboy1, they have lived in China for many years now. @Ghost agrees too.

Also, China in a sense felt a little more free because people are NOT afraid to make eye contact with others, and do not have a cold paranoid wall that makes you feel like a creep. If you flirt with girls, yes it feels a little inappropriate, because Chinese culture is not flirtatious. However it doesn't feel like a big taboo like it does in America or Taiwan, where it feels like you are doing something WRONG if you flirt. We all know what I mean.

I never said China was very free in general, just that SOME things about China do FEEL freer. Note that feelings are subjective and not quantifiable. The thing is, when people are not paranoid and are more upfront, the feeling is more refreshing and free than when they are repressed. That's my feeling.

I don't know what your definition of freedom is, but I guess it's subjective. I gave many reasons and examples why China can feel freer than the US sometimes, I gave over 30+ reasons in that one thread, did you see it? Did you consider it?

It's not that making money itself is bad. It's that the US culture is ONLY about getting a job and making money and has no regard for social connection or fun or flirting, etc. If there is no fun, no romance, so natural social life, no dating, no freedom to be yourself, etc. then what's the point of working hard and earning money? For what? It's not about making money, it's that making money and getting a job is the ONLY thing you can do in America. Nothing else. That's what sucks about it. And you cannot be yourself either. You can't come out of your shell.

What I mean is that if America offered a good social life and dating life and wild fun, like it did in the 1960s and 1970s, then the workaholic lifestyle there may be TOLERABLE. But if it doesn't even offer that, then what's the point of putting up with it? You see what I mean?

Flirting is a FUN experience in most countries, even China sometimes. But it's taboo in America as we all know. It makes you feel like a creep or pervert. Have you experienced this? What countries have you been to? Have you even been to SE Asia? Go to the Philippines and it will change your mind and you will see all that I see.

About Filipinos pretending to be happy. Again you are generalizing. Filipinos are not fake. They are genuinely happy and relaxed and have a Buddhist temper and attitude. If it were fake happiness like in Hong Kong or America, I could feel the fakeness. But I don't. They are so used to the happiness vibe that it has become real after a while.

Notice how even @kangarunner says that Vietnam has a happier vibe than America. He's been there. So he knows. You on the other hand, do not seem to speak from experience. All you know is what you see on CNN it seems. I can tell. If you went abroad and seen the light, you would not be talking like the typical narrow minded ignorant American. Once your eyes are opened, you will know what I mean. Your eyes have not been opened yet it seems.

Are you a former poster that's come back, like @Blue Murder? You sound like him.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

NPCslammer wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 11:53 pm
I agree. Asia is much more obsessed with money especially China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan. America may be a workaholic, money obsessed country, but E Asia is a thousand times worse. Some people literally just work and sleep. They don’t have time for anything else. That’s why I don’t think Asia will work out long term for me. The cities are nice and clean, transportation is great, service is great, but the society is soulless. And talking with the average Korean I find very dull and boring. And Europe, like you said, is pretty much giving their countries away to turd world Muslim trash who leech off of their generous benefits and rape their women. But the Europeabrains seem to think it’s great. I’ll probably end up moving to the South Eastern U.S. It’s the part of the country that I enjoyed the most. And it’s pretty damn cheap and conservative still. That being said the U.S. still sucks big time. If the U.S. had some actually affordable medical care that was also better quality, all the other numerous problems would be more tolerable.
I agree. That's why I say to avoid North America and NE Asia (Taiwan, Japan, Korea, HK, Singapore). Those countries suck too and are cliquish and no fun and uptight and serious all the time, and not social or fun at all. The vibe is super uptight and repressed and serious. Never happy go lucky or carefree or positive or open. My soul is not NE Asian either. I've never understood what the point is in making money all the time just to pay your bills and be a slave, if you aren't free or happy or living a life of adventure or romance. That's never made any sense to me. But you are not supposed to question it, only accept it. I don't understand why Americans and NE Asians accept a life of slavery just to pay their bills, and live a very UNFREE OPPRESSIVE life where you dread Monday mornings and count down the days to Friday. That's an AWFUL way to live. Even animals and insects do not count the days to Friday and dread Monday mornings. That's terribly UNNATURAL and AWFUL and OPPRESSIVE. I don't get why Americans and NE Asians tolerate that, just to pay their bills, as if paying bills is the primary purpose of existence.

The great eastern philosopher Alan Watts said that kind of life is a SCAM and a HOAX. Here's his great rant about it here:

Keep in mind that I recommend SOUTHEAST Asia, not northeast. So please stop judging all of Asia as NE Asia. SE Asia is very different. Go to the Philippines and you will see what I mean.

Stop watching the news. Just because Europe has an immigration problem doesn't mean it sucks. The stuff on the news doesn't matter. What matters is getting on the ground in Europe and checking out the SOCIAL LIFE AND DATING LIFE FOR YOU! Not the news or politics. Those don't matter. Judge the country by the social life and dating life that you EXPERIENCE PERSONALLY! That's what ultimately matters. Everything on the news is subjective and exaggerated and mixed with lies. So don't use it as your barometer.

Many guys are very happy in Europe. But no one place is right for everyone. You just gotta go and see. Even a cynical guy like @Contrarian Expatriate is happier in Europe and experiences a good social life and dating life there. Again, STOP going by what's in the media, the media is always negative. Just ignore it!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Space Invaders wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 4:13 pm
You keep posting talking points going against the "happier abroad" narrative and Winston might ban you lol.
Not true. I never ban people for disagreeing. Nothing wrong with disagreeing as long as you have valid points and examples and reasons. Everyone knows that. Stop spreading misinformation. Also if you are an "invader from space" can I shoot you down, like in the Space Invaders video game? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bottom line everyone:

Yeah America and NE Asia may be workaholic and suck, but not all countries are workaholic. Latin America and Mexico aren't. Russia isn't. In the Philippines if you get a job you work long hours for little money so half of the people there don't bother and remain unemployed. That's not the point. The point is the combination of factors and balance of factors. If the US has nothing to compensate the workaholic lifestyle, such as a good social life or dating life, like it had in the 60s and 70s, then what's the point? Why put up with it? If the women aren't friendly or approachable, why bother with working hard? What's the sense? There is no sense.

However, even if I had a girlfriend in the US or Japan or Taiwan, that's not enough to make me happy. If I don't like the vibe or culture, it still sucks. The point is, you need a culture that FITS your soul. If you are workaholic by nature, you may not mind workaholic countries, because you care about career a lot. But I am not of course, hence I don't fit in workaholic countries. Even if I had friends or a girlfriend, it would still suck and I would still not like going out and seeing cold zombie like people with no soul or warmth. To me the vibe is everything, because I am sensitive and spiritual and pick up on the vibes around me. I cannot ignore them. I am not a cold NE Asian workaholic by nature either. But that's me. I can't speak for everyone else here.

Hope that clears up my perspective.

NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:36 am
NPCslammer wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 11:53 pm
I agree. That's why I say to avoid North America and NE Asia (Taiwan, Japan, Korea, HK, Singapore). Those countries suck too and are cliquish and no fun and uptight and serious all the time, and not social or fun at all. The vibe is super uptight and repressed and serious. Never happy go lucky or carefree or positive or open. My soul is not NE Asian either. I've never understood what the point is in making money all the time just to pay your bills and be a slave, if you aren't free or happy or living a life of adventure or romance. That's never made any sense to me. But you are not supposed to question it, only accept it. I don't understand why Americans and NE Asians accept a life of slavery just to pay their bills, and live a very UNFREE OPPRESSIVE life where you dread Monday mornings and count down the days to Friday. That's an AWFUL way to live. Even animals and insects do not count the days to Friday and dread Monday mornings. That's terribly UNNATURAL and AWFUL and OPPRESSIVE. I don't get why Americans and NE Asians tolerate that, just to pay their bills, as if paying bills is the primary purpose of existence.

The great eastern philosopher Alan Watts said that kind of life is a SCAM and a HOAX. Here's his great rant about it here:

Keep in mind that I recommend SOUTHEAST Asia, not northeast. So please stop judging all of Asia as NE Asia. SE Asia is very different. Go to the Philippines and you will see what I mean.

Stop watching the news. Just because Europe has an immigration problem doesn't mean it sucks. The stuff on the news doesn't matter. What matters is getting on the ground in Europe and checking out the SOCIAL LIFE AND DATING LIFE FOR YOU! Not the news or politics. Those don't matter. Judge the country by the social life and dating life that you EXPERIENCE PERSONALLY! That's what ultimately matters. Everything on the news is subjective and exaggerated and mixed with lies. So don't use it as your barometer.

Many guys are very happy in Europe. But no one place is right for everyone. You just gotta go and see. Even a cynical guy like @Contrarian Expatriate is happier in Europe and experiences a good social life and dating life there. Again, STOP going by what's in the media, the media is always negative. Just ignore it!
The upside to the workaholic society in E Asia is the infrastructure, service, products, utilities are top notch and reliable. I take the subway, it’s well maintained, well designed, and easy to figure out. You want to order a product, bam, it comes to your door the same day or next day every time. You want competent people with brains to fix your computer, bam, Korean dude diagnoses the problem in a minute and competently gets to work.

So the upsides are great. But again the society is still soulless. Work work work, get money, buy nice stuff, act rich, rinse and repeat. So yeah, long term this is gonna suck. It does feel soulless in Seoul.

I already understand the difference between South East Asia and East Asia, that’s why I only mentioned East Asian countries. South East Asia doesn’t really appeal to me too much though. The Philippines for example, I have no desire to go over there. I do not like hot, humid, tropical climates with crappy infrastructure, half ass constructed buildings, and plenty of towns with poverty and bad crime. Filipino food is not even remotely appetizing to me, and the population is clearly lower IQ than your typical East Asian. Don’t care much for the random, bright but ugly colors Filipinos like to use on their houses either. When I was still dating, never really was interested much in dark skinned Filipino women either. I understand lots of expats love it, but it’s not for me.

Thailand though, besides the hot, muggy weather, is a lot more appealing. The food, culture, overall look of the country makes it a place I would like to visit one day. But living, probably not.

And Europe, I understand that not everywhere is filled with turd world slums. From what I’ve seen Czech Republic looks pretty damn good still. I’m sure France has nice towns outside of Paris. But generally speaking, because of the hordes these countries have invited in these nice places aren’t going to last forever. Just like the U.S. may still have some nice places still, but there are dilapidated cities and towns filled with crime all over the place, and that crap is spreading fast.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

NPCslammer,
Keep in mind that before I went to the Philippines, I did not like the heat or food there either. Nor was I attracted to Filipinas. However, once you go there, you do ACQUIRE a taste for them and change your mind. It's hard to explain. You gotta experience it to know what I mean. I get the sense you never been there right?

I also do not care for hot weather, but fortunately there are many malls to stay inside of. And you do not need to eat Filipino food. Most expats there do not. There is lots of international food there. I eat mostly Mexican, Italian and Chinese food in the Philippines. Angeles and Manila have them everywhere in their malls. Lots of Korean food too. No one has to eat local Filipino food if they don't want to.

The thing is, when you wake up in the Philipipines, you FEEL GOOD, not depressed. That's the main thing. Girls are warm and smiling at you, etc. It's PRICELESS and LIBERATING, beyond what words can describe. Have you experienced this? If not, then you don't truly understand what I mean yet. Also, you can have as much sex as you want, it's no big deal. And when you flirt you don't feel like a creep or violator. Again, that's PRICELESS. North America and NE Asia do NOT offer that at all. Not even 1 percent!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw everyone:

Keep in mind that different countries treat people differently. And it's not all about looks either. For example there are average looking men who find America, Japan and Hong Kong to be "warm and friendly and open". I kid you not, that's what they claim. And there are good looking people (women too, not just men) who find America soulless and alienating too, like we do. So it seems different countries treat people differently. Some people find a social clique easily with no problem, others never find a social clique. I've never been able to explain that. I always assumed that if you were outgoing and friendly and social with everyone, you can always make friends even in cliquish countries like America, and find social cliques, but that doesn't appear to be the case. But Americans assume that for some reason.

I've always found socially cliquish countries like America and NE Asia, to never be friendly or hospitable to me. The people never invite me into their social clique and never wanna hang out or do stuff. They always have a "leave me alone, mind your own business" attitude and there's nothing you can do about that. Trying to make friends feels awkward, like you are doing something you are not supposed to, something WRONG, as if you are violating something. It's very creepy. Even most of my cousins in Taiwan ignore my texts on social media and treat me like a stranger, even if they were friendlier before. It's very sad. Do any of you experience that too with cousins? Or are all your cousins warm and social like the movies show? lol

It seems that ultimately it's all destiny and fate and scripted by the gods or higher forces. You cannot choose who you click with and don't, and others cannot choose who they click with either. It's not a choice. People who don't click with you cannot choose to click with you. Just like a dog and a cat cannot choose to click with each other if they don't. So it doesn't make you loser. People cannot help but be what they are. So we gotta learn to forgive them for being who they are, they can't help being what they are, even if they are an asshole. If we learned to forgive all the a-holes and bitches around us and let it all go and not take it personally, we'd probably all be a lot happier.

NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 5:25 am
NPCslammer,
Keep in mind that before I went to the Philippines, I did not like the heat or food there either. Nor was I attracted to Filipinas. However, once you go there, you do ACQUIRE a taste for them and change your mind. It's hard to explain. You gotta experience it to know what I mean. I get the sense you never been there right?

I also do not care for hot weather, but fortunately there are many malls to stay inside of. And you do not need to eat Filipino food. Most expats there do not. There is lots of international food there. I eat mostly Mexican, Italian and Chinese food in the Philippines. Angeles and Manila have them everywhere in their malls. Lots of Korean food too. No one has to eat local Filipino food if they don't want to.

The thing is, when you wake up in the Philipipines, you FEEL GOOD, not depressed. That's the main thing. Girls are warm and smiling at you, etc. It's PRICELESS and LIBERATING, beyond what words can describe. Have you experienced this? If not, then you don't truly understand what I mean yet. Also, you can have as much sex as you want, it's no big deal. And when you flirt you don't feel like a creep or violator. Again, that's PRICELESS. North America and NE Asia do NOT offer that at all. Not even 1 percent!
Yes, I understand all of your points. I’ve never been there, but I get what you mean by just simply feeling good in a place. Actually, about 15 years ago, I went to the UK and felt really good in some of the small towns. It was like I was transferred to the Shire in the book “The Hobbit.” But I’m not just talking about looks, the entire vibe was incredible. So I understand what you mean, by seeing things about a place that look unappealing, yet it still feels great because of the healthy, positive society that you live in. Despite all of that, I’d rather try to live someplace else besides the Philippines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I know but keep in mind that the Philippines has a magical vibe that is unique. Not many cultures have it, not even Thailand has that kind of magical vibe in the same way. It's hard to explain. Before a poster here named @starchild5 raved about it too and assigned divinity to the Philippines vibe too, as if it came from the gods and was connected to Atlantis. lol

What I mean is that it is possible you may change your mind and want to live there, once you experience this magical vibe I'm talking about. lol. Ask @ladislav, he experienced it in 1990 and it was a born again experience for him that was beyond words.

Ashkeef
Freshman Poster

Post by Ashkeef »

Yes, There is a negative vibe in America.

There is almost no good place to live in America. It's either big cities with millions of people where you feel like you don't matter. Or it's small towns where the people are obese, depressed, and missing teeth.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

The short answer is this: In America, everyone is constantly racing around for money and if you're not a person who succeeds at doing this AND also succeeds socially, then you will feel that "empty, depressing, meaningless vibe".

A person would only feel an "empty, depressing, and meaningless vibe" if they are psychologically alone. This is why solitary confinement is such a terrible punishment.

You have to take into account the "dominance hierarchy". And where you stand in the dominance hierarchy will influence how good you feel about your life in America. People who are low status will feel much worse than someone who is higher status.

Positive social interactions will give you "feel good" chemicals in your brain.

Also, if you feel a sense of belonging and get a lot of positive social interactions, that uplifts your mood and life satisfaction.

Even Andy Lee Graham, the former gregarious real estate agent from Indiana, admits on video that coming back to the USA : "emotionally, I'm in solitary confinement. I have such a difficult time finding anyone to talk to".

https://youtu.be/Fr2ljWba3oU?t=1103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another thing we have to keep in mind is that the average person and most people are NOT like us. They do not see things like romance, dating, and social connection as an essential necessity that they must have. They see those things as OPTIONAL luxuries that are great to have but not the top of the list. Most people see getting a JOB and having a PAYCHECK as the main priority that they need to be happy and complete. So they are not like us.

We all assume that others are like us and feel the same as we do, but they don't. That's why the average person in America doesn't complain about loneliness or isolation or social disconnection. Not because they have a lot of friends or a social clique, they just don't care a lot about those things and see them as optional. Either that, or most people are bots and do not truly feel anything and are just background programs like NPCs. lol

Even in the Philippines, I don't think most people there prioritize social life and love life at the top, they also prioritize making money and getting a good job as the most important thing. So even people we get along with better abroad aren't necessarily like us and are more practical in their thinking. If you've ever talked to Filipina girls, you will find that practical needs like having enough money, are at the top of their list and their main concern, not social connection or romance or fun. They see those things as optional benefits, but not essential. So even in SE Asia where people are more friendly and natural, they do not share our mentality and do not relate to us. Because most people are practical and see getting a good JOB and PAYCHECK as the main priority. Have you guys noticed that?