Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Post by Lucas88 »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:08 am
Another thing to be wary of is that the more depressed you are in America, the weaker you will feel too. If you are depressed for a long time, a feeling of doom starts to take over. Then you battle your own subconscious mind too, because your dark side comes out and starts to take over and create a vicious cycle. So there is a lot more at stake here than simply an unfriendly unsocial environment. That's why a toxic environment is more deadly than you think because it brings out your dark side or shadow self too, as Carl Jung called it.

Do any of you notice that too? That the longer you feel depressed in antisocial cliquish countries like America or Taiwan or Japan, where people aren't really interested in making friends or hanging out, that eventually a feeling of doom and dread and hopelessness comes over you too? I don't know. Maybe I'm more sensitive and intense than others. Most people do not feel things intensely though.
I was thinking about the same thing just the other day. When I was at university in the UK I became very depressed due to the country's soulless atmosphere and the negative environment that I was in started to bring out my dark side. Before long I realized that I had grown quite loveless and cynical, even somewhat antisocial myself. I didn't like the person that I had become. I wasn't always like that though. Before university I was a very kind and loving person albeit a bit of a loner and a misfit. But the ugly depressing city just sucked the life out of me and made me angry and neurotic and even made me feel fragmented on the inside. I wouldn't recover from that state of alienation until my first stay in Spain when I spent the summer in the vibrant and soulful city of Valencia for immersive language school.

The UK has a very dark and depressive energy. Everything feels denser and vibrates at a lower frequency. I perceive this as soon as I get off the plane. As I make my way through the airport the energy of the UK's national egregore suddenly hits me. It is particularly ugly, twisted, demonic, even "reptilian". It soon begins to suffocate my soul and makes me feel miserable and hopeless. I perceive the difference because I am a sensitive soul of light. Other English people don't notice it because they are either dark souls themselves who vibrate on that same ugly, twisted, demonic level or NPCs plugged into the national egregore and programmed to act in accordance with its soulless values. I remember watching a video of a Mexican American spiritual teacher who came to the UK to do a seminar. He said that he immediately felt the depressive vibe of the country and encountered a lot of tired and world-weary souls. Fortunately the UK's dark and depressive energy lessens a bit once you get out of the city and into the towns. There it becomes more bearable.

In Valencia the energy is totally different. Everything feels lighter and more ethereal. The architecture is very soulful and people are friendly and sociable and there is social connection. There I feel like a different person, more whole, more full of love and vitality, more enthusiastic about life and with more desire to go out and socialize. I also harbor less resentment and negative feelings.

Some people think that my aversion towards the UK is irrational. They tell me that not everything about the UK is bad and that not all English people are assholes. What people don't understand is that the country's energetic constitution or egregore is totally alien to the nature of my soul and its alien energy just oppresses me and leads me into depression. I too could have all of the things I want here like a hot girlfriend, a nice place to live, a good circle of friends and a good income and I'd still feel like shit! I shouldn't have been born into this culture. I don't belong here. I'm not compatible with this place at all.

I'd also like to add that I don't even like to speak my native language (British English) because the language is intrinsically linked to the culture on an energetic level and expresses the same vibrational frequencies. North American English is more tolerable for me though. I can't stand British English due to its ugly and soulless British energy and so when I am in Spain or Latin America I speak nothing but Spanish. There's no room for negotiation here. I insist. It's either Spanish or I don't speak at all because I absolutely despise British English and find it exceptionally ugly and disgusting. I much prefer Romance languages anyway. They are much more beautiful and soulful like the cultures that they represent.

PS - I've also read the Kybalion, @Winston. Although it's not an original Hermetic work it really does have some interesting information like the 7 Hermetic Principles.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 9:47 am
Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:08 am
Another thing to be wary of is that the more depressed you are in America, the weaker you will feel too. If you are depressed for a long time, a feeling of doom starts to take over. Then you battle your own subconscious mind too, because your dark side comes out and starts to take over and create a vicious cycle. So there is a lot more at stake here than simply an unfriendly unsocial environment. That's why a toxic environment is more deadly than you think because it brings out your dark side or shadow self too, as Carl Jung called it.

Do any of you notice that too? That the longer you feel depressed in antisocial cliquish countries like America or Taiwan or Japan, where people aren't really interested in making friends or hanging out, that eventually a feeling of doom and dread and hopelessness comes over you too? I don't know. Maybe I'm more sensitive and intense than others. Most people do not feel things intensely though.
I was thinking about the same thing just the other day. When I was at university in the UK I became very depressed due to the country's soulless atmosphere and the negative environment that I was in started to bring out my dark side. Before long I realized that I had grown quite loveless and cynical, even somewhat antisocial myself. I didn't like the person that I had become. I wasn't always like that though. Before university I was a very kind and loving person albeit a bit of a loner and a misfit. But the ugly depressing city just sucked the life out of me and made me angry and neurotic and even made me feel fragmented on the inside. I wouldn't recover from that state of alienation until my first stay in Spain when I spent the summer in the vibrant and soulful city of Valencia for immersive language school.

The UK has a very dark and depressive energy. Everything feels denser and vibrates at a lower frequency. I perceive this as soon as I get off the plane. As I make my way through the airport the energy of the UK's national egregore suddenly hits me. It is particularly ugly, twisted, demonic, even "reptilian". It soon begins to suffocate my soul and makes me feel miserable and hopeless. I perceive the difference because I am a sensitive soul of light. Other English people don't notice it because they are either dark souls themselves who vibrate on that same ugly, twisted, demonic level or NPCs plugged into the national egregore and programmed to act in accordance with its soulless values. I remember watching a video of a Mexican American spiritual teacher who came to the UK to do a seminar. He said that he immediately felt the depressive vibe of the country and encountered a lot of tired and world-weary souls. Fortunately the UK's dark and depressive energy lessens a bit once you get out of the city and into the towns. There it becomes more bearable.

In Valencia the energy is totally different. Everything feels lighter and more ethereal. The architecture is very soulful and people are friendly and sociable and there is social connection. There I feel like a different person, more whole, more full of love and vitality, more enthusiastic about life and with more desire to go out and socialize. I also harbor less resentment and negative feelings.

Some people think that my aversion towards the UK is irrational. They tell me that not everything about the UK is bad and that not all English people are assholes. What people don't understand is that the country's energetic constitution or egregore is totally alien to the nature of my soul and its alien energy just oppresses me and leads me into depression. I too could have all of the things I want here like a hot girlfriend, a nice place to live, a good circle of friends and a good income and I'd still feel like shit! I shouldn't have been born into this culture. I don't belong here. I'm not compatible with this place at all.

I'd also like to add that I don't even like to speak my native language (British English) because the language is intrinsically linked to the culture on an energetic level and expresses the same vibrational frequencies. North American English is more tolerable for me though. I can't stand British English due to its ugly and soulless British energy and so when I am in Spain or Latin America I speak nothing but Spanish. There's no room for negotiation here. I insist. It's either Spanish or I don't speak at all because I absolutely despise British English and find it exceptionally ugly and disgusting. I much prefer Romance languages anyway. They are much more beautiful and soulful like the cultures that they represent.

PS - I've also read the Kybalion, @Winston. Although it's not an original Hermetic work it really does have some interesting information like the 7 Hermetic Principles.
You're definitely not alone in your perception and I'm sure other people in the UK feel the same way. I think white people are just cold and closed off in general to each other. Where I am right now in America, I have similar thoughts and I can't stand being here. I'm in a soulless, vapid city and people here are definitely NOT socially connected at all. I truly hate it here and I hate TN and I hate America. I love my family and that's why I'm here with them. What you're saying about the English language itself may lead to a coldness in how people connect with each other. Maybe it has to do with the English language itself. A lot of the things you're bringing up apply to the West in general (US, UK, Australia, Canada).

I remember about 10 years ago, going to see a Buddhist monk from Nepal who lived in my hometown here. He would lead group meditation every Sunday. This was the first time I encountered Buddhism and I truly wanted to learn from him and that's why I'm a Buddhist today because the basic fundamental teaching is to just be a good person to others and to be peaceful.

A few stories I have from Vietnam. Just a few months ago, I was walking in Saigon for about an hour. So I'm walking in the main business district, and two VN girls on a motorbike stopped and said to me "We saw you walking by the church and wanted to ask if you needed our help". I stopped and thought how kind that was.

Another time, I went for a run in Da Nang, and I stopped to walk. A VN woman was walking towards me and reached into her purse and offered me a bottle of water. Another act of kindness.

Another time I was in Da Nang at a cafe and suddenly it started raining. I didn't have a raincoat with me, so when I left the cafe, one of the staff came out and offered me a plastic rain coat. Another act of kindness.

All those good, kind experiences from Vietnamese have truly made me a better person and I'm more kind to others now.

Here are my 10 Social Benefits of Vietnam Culture:

#1) Friendly, cheerful locals

#2) Welcoming and non-judgmental

#3) Warm, sunny weather creates an environment conducive to social interaction

#4) Be yourself, no pressure to "fit in"

#5) Higher level of social cohesion, social cooperation

#6) Peaceful, easy-going vibe

#7) Foreigners are treated very well

#8) Peaceful with low level of physical violence

#9) Doing things in groups

#10) Vietnam has a healing power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 9:18 pm
You're definitely not alone in your perception and I'm sure other people in the UK feel the same way. I think white people are just cold and closed off in general to each other. Where I am right now in America, I have similar thoughts and I can't stand being here. I'm in a soulless, vapid city and people here are definitely NOT socially connected at all. I truly hate it here and I hate TN and I hate America. I love my family and that's why I'm here with them. What you're saying about the English language itself may lead to a coldness in how people connect with each other. Maybe it has to do with the English language itself. A lot of the things you're bringing up apply to the West in general (US, UK, Australia, Canada).

I remember about 10 years ago, going to see a Buddhist monk from Nepal who lived in my hometown here. He would lead group meditation every Sunday. This was the first time I encountered Buddhism and I truly wanted to learn from him and that's why I'm a Buddhist today because the basic fundamental teaching is to just be a good person to others and to be peaceful.

A few stories I have from Vietnam. Just a few months ago, I was walking in Saigon for about an hour. So I'm walking in the main business district, and two VN girls on a motorbike stopped and said to me "We saw you walking by the church and wanted to ask if you needed our help". I stopped and thought how kind that was.

Another time, I went for a run in Da Nang, and I stopped to walk. A VN woman was walking towards me and reached into her purse and offered me a bottle of water. Another act of kindness.

Another time I was in Da Nang at a cafe and suddenly it started raining. I didn't have a raincoat with me, so when I left the cafe, one of the staff came out and offered me a plastic rain coat. Another act of kindness.

All those good, kind experiences from Vietnamese have truly made me a better person and I'm more kind to others now.

Here are my 10 Social Benefits of Vietnam Culture:

#1) Friendly, cheerful locals

#2) Welcoming and non-judgmental

#3) Warm, sunny weather creates an environment conducive to social interaction

#4) Be yourself, no pressure to "fit in"

#5) Higher level of social cohesion, social cooperation

#6) Peaceful, easy-going vibe

#7) Foreigners are treated very well

#8) Peaceful with low level of physical violence

#9) Doing things in groups

#10) Vietnam has a healing power
I think the language thing is right. I've often wondered how the sound frequencies of a language might affect the mood and psychological constitution of its speakers and whether there is a relationship between the language that a community speaks and its attitude towards life. As we all know, music is known to influence the listener's mood. Indeed that is one of its primary purposes. Certain sound frequencies produced by a keyboard or any other instrument induce particular emotions in the listener whether it be joy, sadness, a sense of mystery and intrigue, or even a feeling of dread (like the tritone which is frequently used in the horror genre). These sound frequencies somehow interact with our consciousness and alter our mood for a short while.

Spoken languages, like music, also consist of arrangements of sounds. Each language has its own unique phonology. Now let's suppose that a language contains many harsh, abrasive, ugly sounds. It seems reasonable to assume that those kinds of sounds and their respective frequencies will produce a similar effect in the consciousness of those who speak the language on a daily basis. Take British English, for example. The language sounds dull, soulless, without passion and somewhat whiny. And take a look how British people and their culture are: dull, soulless, robotic, rational to the point of absurdity, utilitarian, lacking in aesthetic sensitivity, cold, antisocial. Then take Italian as another example. Italian is warm, melodious, passionate and soulful. And what is Italian society like? Expressive, artistic, fun-loving, free-spirited and sociable!

That is only taking into account the sound frequencies of a language. If we then include energetic frequencies which underlie the sound frequencies on an occult level then the relationship between phonology and emotions in the listener becomes even stronger.

So, even though in the modern world there is a tendency to view languages in utilitarian terms, it is NOT irrational to dislike certain languages for their particular sounds. If speaking or hearing a certain language affects your mood in a negative way then you do right to run to the hills. It is a problem though when it is your native language whose sound frequencies you find unpleasant. In that case no matter how much you run to the hills the hills will always be present.

Vietnam sounds great. I was friends with a Vietnamese girl when I was in Japan and she was really nice and friendly and made effort to value our friendship. It sounds like Vietnam is the right place for you, my friend. I hope you can go back there soon.

PD - The Buddhist ethos of Vietnam might have something to do with the friendliness and solidarity of the Vietnamese people through its teaching of compassion. While I'm personally not a fan of Buddhism due to its opposition to desire (I think desire is a natural part of life) and its doctrine of anatta (non-self), I have noticed that many Buddhists tend to be nice, compassionate people. The contrast with the Anglosphere is stark. In my view the Anglosphere is a culture of cutthroat hypercompetititivity and normalized sociopathy.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

I only started to feel that when all these damn weak, pathetic, self entitled, marxist asshole leftlist took over but Conservatives aren't any better either because they also suck in some ways. It's just that the radical left really did a serious number on America and made it the most horrific country to be in right now.

Didn't feel that way back in the 90s or early 2000s. I didn't feel any of the negative energies of the U.S. until I was about sixteen years old. But it only got ten times worse in my 20s, and now at age 35 I feel it a hell of a lot more now that I live in a state where a shit faced turd named Galvin Newsom turned my State into the worse of the worse. People preach about how great red states are compared to blue ones. But if red states were all that great, states like Louisiana and Mississippi would be considered great, and they aren't. Most of the red states are Southern states or midwest, and they f***ing suck.
Fact of the matter is the West is a garbage place to be right now especially after seeing all these shitty monsters bitching over not being allowed to murder babies. They even got transgenders whining about it alongside of them and a few so called "men" who are nothing more than faggots anyways. These are things I didn't notice back in the day when the U.S. was somewhat tolerable. Now I hate this country so damn much I take showers in anger, I eat angrily, I take a shit on the toilet angry, and I go to bed at night with a frown. If I could, I would of left a long time ago but these days I got too damn sick physical wise, and student loans ruined my chances at a better life. America is a country that makes you embrace hatred.

So do I feel a dark vibe in America? Hell yeah I do, and it don't matter if I'm in a red state or a blue one either because I can't stand either one. They're all still part of the same lousy country. It's just that one side tends to be far worse than the other, and that would be the Leftlist idiots who currently ruined every aspect of life in the country.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 7:26 pm
I only started to feel that when all these damn weak, pathetic, self entitled, marxist asshole leftlist took over but Conservatives aren't any better either because they also suck in some ways. It's just that the radical left really did a serious number on America and made it the most horrific country to be in right now.

Didn't feel that way back in the 90s or early 2000s. I didn't feel any of the negative energies of the U.S. until I was about sixteen years old. But it only got ten times worse in my 20s, and now at age 35 I feel it a hell of a lot more now that I live in a state where a shit faced turd named Galvin Newsom turned my State into the worse of the worse. People preach about how great red states are compared to blue ones. But if red states were all that great, states like Louisiana and Mississippi would be considered great, and they aren't. Most of the red states are Southern states or midwest, and they f***ing suck.
Fact of the matter is the West is a garbage place to be right now especially after seeing all these shitty monsters bitching over not being allowed to murder babies. They even got transgenders whining about it alongside of them and a few so called "men" who are nothing more than faggots anyways. These are things I didn't notice back in the day when the U.S. was somewhat tolerable. Now I hate this country so damn much I take showers in anger, I eat angrily, I take a shit on the toilet angry, and I go to bed at night with a frown. If I could, I would of left a long time ago but these days I got too damn sick physical wise, and student loans ruined my chances at a better life. America is a country that makes you embrace hatred.

So do I feel a dark vibe in America? Hell yeah I do, and it don't matter if I'm in a red state or a blue one either because I can't stand either one. They're all still part of the same lousy country. It's just that one side tends to be far worse than the other, and that would be the Leftlist idiots who currently ruined every aspect of life in the country.
I agree with what you said 100%

I feel an empty depressed vibe in America everyday I wake up. I don't fit in in this country at all. I go outside and see tons of idiots who have scribbled nonsense permanently onto their bodies thinking that it is cool or edgy or meaningful....have no idea why but okay, if I remember correctly a lot of colonists who arrived in different countries found many people who tattooed themselves and the colonists described them as extremely primitive people lacking any kind of serious knowledge. I look at these fools today and think the same thing. Why did you pay $500 to put chinese letters and astrology symbols or chemical compounds on yourself? I see an insane amount of obese people EVERYWHERE.....its not like they can hide under a rock and who is paying for these bastards to live....no wonder the medical industry is so profitable. I see these assholes lining up to get their vaccines and boosters for a disease with more than a 99% survival rate and we locked down the world to protect the elderly? the sick? I don't buy that shit at all. You talk about red states? Hell, I live in one and all I see are obese people.....regular women? Hard to come by if they even notice you and I am a good looking guy and I don't connect with them at all. They have no warmth, no charm, no grace, and they hardly even try to attract someone. They give you a half ass smile and you should approach? Hell, I don't even know anymore.....go on the apps and its single moms galore, tattooed circus performers, sluts, and weed fiends. What happened to just being a normal person? Everyone now has to pretend they are special in some way especially retarded men and the majority of females......I spoke to one woman who engages in "polyamory" she has 5 different dudes that are banging her at a time.....like that is disgusting and that goes to show you had bad things are here 5 dudes for 1 woman....yuck....but at least she likes sex....I am convinced large amounts of american women have no sex drive especially white women....no sex drive at all and no interest in men at all until it is too late and they are in their 30s after they have been pounded by dozens of dudes. It is sickening to me when these 30 somethings come onto me at work and its like no I don't want you, you should have been married 10 years ago and having kids 10 years ago.....and no one wants to address why they are so many autistic kids born and other kids born with various handicaps......because these women are having GERIATRIC pregnancies....hello!....but that is sexist is queer bait America 2022. Imagine having a boss allow his teenage daughter to take hormones so she could transition to a man.....literally had that happen.....it was a moment where I realized the vast majority of people do not deserve any rights whatsoever.....no voting rights at all. Voting for all is a mistake that should be revoked. Womens rights needs to be revoked. Civil Rights needs to be revoked. Seriously, I want off this ride because this shit house is imploding and I see nothing good coming from it.
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 7:26 pm

It’s the collapse of the West. https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-05-16- ... ciety.html
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

kangarunner wrote:
May 16th, 2022, 1:39 pm
The comments on this video are spot on about America. I just read a new comment on this video.
There is no community in the United States. It's all about being a rugged individual. We value achievement above everything else, but no one cares about other people's achievements because everyone is obsessed with their own. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Of course, the result of everyone striving for more and more achievement is a strong and powerful country, except no one gives a shit about anyone else.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Fortunately, I live next to Mexico. In Mexico, people are much more social than America. I take a dance class, and they accept you as one of the gang and invite you to go out to a club after class. If I had to stay in America, I wouldn’t survive. America is a soulless, competitive, unfriendly culture. I see many people walking around who are either morbidly obese or just acting weird. It has become even more isolating since the plandemic now has everyone on zoom. F-uck America.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrPeabody wrote:
May 17th, 2022, 6:26 am
Fortunately, I live next to Mexico. In Mexico, people are much more social than America. I take a dance class, and they accept you as one of the gang and invite you to go out to a club after class. If I had to stay in America, I wouldn’t survive. America is a soulless, competitive, unfriendly culture. I see many people walking around who are either morbidly obese or just acting weird. It has become even more isolating since the plandemic now has everyone on zoom. F-uck America.
Hoe can a K-9 be this smart..?
Time to Hide!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Just type into Google "i hate living in america reddit" and read all the shit...

The thing about the people in America is most people are out to f**k everyone else over. That's the name of the game....you either do the f***ing....or you get f***ed yourself.

One example of getting f***ed is divorce. I just found out on Facebook a guy I worked with for over 18 months got a divorce. He owned and operated a successful business. He was with his wife for many, many years and they have 2 kids together. He probably is forced to pay her tons now.

Another example of getting f***ed is the prices of everything having to do with your life going up (housing, electric, property taxes, gasoline, food, all kinds of shit). I went to the gas station to buy a bottle of Aquafina water. It cost $2.50 I kid you not. That same Aquafina water in Vietnam where I lived just recently cost me 10K VND (about $0.40). Another example of getting f***ed is the healthcare system. Even with Medicare, old people still have to pay out of pocket to the hospital for miscellaneous things. It's better to just go to Mexico and get their healthcare there. Another example of getting f***ed is all the different types of insurances you have to pay for (home, car, medical, dental, life insurance, etc). Another example of getting f***ed is American women.

Go anywhere in America and look into the eyes of most people. What do you see?

I hate this country and I will never live here again. I'm planning a trip to Mexico right now to escape this hell.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrPeabody wrote:

America is a soulless, highly competitive unfriendly culture. The obesity epidemic is out of control in the USA. On top of that, you have lot's of people taking anti depressant medication. Most people in the United States don't know who their neighbors are. There are ton's of people in America who are very lonely.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
June 19th, 2013, 10:53 am
Have any of you noticed that despite the clean streets and air around you in America, that it has a depressing, empty and meaningless vibe that deflates you? It's like something creates an angst in you that makes you feel like you are worthless and life is meaningless. You ever notice that?

Any of you notice all this? It's one of those things you feel deep down but isn't easy to put into words, especially when no one else dares to openly say such things, as there is a loser stigma attached to it. Instead, you are expected to put up a facade and deny your suffering.
All of this is true.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

kangarunner wrote:
May 16th, 2022, 1:39 pm

The loneliness epidemic in the United States is off the charts. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrPeabody wrote:

Yes, America does have a soulless, anti social vibe to it. The obesity epidemic is off the charts and many Americans are on anti depression or anxiety medication. Living in the suburbs really sucks, you have to drive everywhere, it's almost all married couples with children and there is nothing to do except go shopping. No wonder why so many Americans are depressed all the time.