Advice for a black male that does not follow the stereotype

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3726
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 11:30 am

Post by ladislav »

And you are dreaming of living abroad? When will you get your BS/CPA?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/bus ... broad.html
Last edited by ladislav on June 26th, 2013, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!


Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:21 am

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Well I'm currently a junior in undergrad of college. Idk how I can take much more of this place.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3726
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 11:30 am

Post by ladislav »

You are being emotional. As men we must be rational and have a clear mind. Do you want to go abroad?


http://www.mainstreet.com/article/caree ... ans-abroad

You may want to tweak your major a bit. Its not too late.

And what is it that is happening in concrete terms that is making life difficult for you?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:21 am

Post by Mr.Darcy »

ladislav wrote:You are being emotional. As men we must be rational and have a clear mind. Do you want to go abroad?


http://www.mainstreet.com/article/caree ... ans-abroad

You may want to tweak your major a bit. Its not too late.

And what is it that is happening in concrete terms that is making life difficult for you?

Ya I want to go abroad. What's wrong with accounting?
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
Posts: 290
Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

darcy, being an accountant abroad is extremely difficult because each country has its own tax systems that requires years to know, and add to that, jobs in those areas are so hard to get by.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7876
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 1:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:darcy, being an accountant abroad is extremely difficult because each country has its own tax systems that requires years to know, and add to that, jobs in those areas are so hard to get by.
Point well made, but won't demand for US accountants for expats rise rapidly due to FATCA as well as enforcement of filing 1040's for expats?

Fewer Americans to serve than here at home, but seems to me that these complicated returns from overseas should require professional help, no?
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
Posts: 290
Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Jester wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:darcy, being an accountant abroad is extremely difficult because each country has its own tax systems that requires years to know, and add to that, jobs in those areas are so hard to get by.
Point well made, but won't demand for US accountants for expats rise rapidly due to FATCA as well as enforcement of filing 1040's for expats?

Fewer Americans to serve than here at home, but seems to me that these complicated returns from overseas should require professional help, no?
I think those returns are still processed by american accountants in the US, but I don't know, and I don't want to find out, as I plan to relinquish my american citizenship when I leave the US for good, and only keep my mexican citizenship (thank you mom for giving me mexican citizenship) and get the nationality of the country that I choose to adopt (to burn the boat, so that I'm not tempted to return, much like what Cortez did when he conquered Mexico).

@mr.darcy. I made this thread just for you. read it. it's your guide to survive in the US while planning your great escape from the big house we call this nation.

viewtopic.php?p=136618#136618
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3726
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 11:30 am

Post by ladislav »

Being an accountant is not very portable unless you set up an online business and live outside the US most of the time doing work for Americans remotely. There are some jobs for US accountants abroad but generally speaking, it is not the best profession for expatriation ( although, admittedly) you only need one job at a time.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:21 am

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Can I do anything in finance, or study abroad to another country and learn their tax system
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 8:21 am

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Or is opening up a business a possible option. What about law as well. I have always wanted to enter law, but it is screwed up here in the states.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
Posts: 290
Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Can I do anything in finance, or study abroad to another country and learn their tax system
you could probably work for a multinational judeo-banking cartel (banks) and that would give you access to working abroad, since thanks to globalization, western banks are everywhere.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
mguy
Junior Poster
Posts: 749
Joined: November 24th, 2012, 10:09 am

Post by mguy »

Don't do accounting, the payoff is too little. State side they pay you but squeeze the life out of you. Expect to be a sycophant just to make it as associate and even then you are still replaceable.

Abroad, why hire you when there are local candidates that are better versed at tax laws than you are? If you want to do taxation for American interests, then you must have a hella of a client list if you want premiere clients as opposed to rotting disgruntled Americans starting out.

Look, you are still in College. You need to be thinking how these crucial years will get you the most possible return. I hope you are not getting into debt in ed loans as thats a sucky way to spend your 20s.

The conventional wisdom is to start a business. But you don't have capital right? So if I were you, get something extremely marketable and get interned quick. Then you work minimum 6 years and have approx 60k saved up.

From there evaluate. I know 6 years is a lot, but if you set yourself up, then you will save yourself a lot of hassel later on.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
Posts: 290
Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

mguy wrote:Don't do accounting, the payoff is too little. State side they pay you but squeeze the life out of you. Expect to be a sycophant just to make it as associate and even then you are still replaceable.

Abroad, why hire you when there are local candidates that are better versed at tax laws than you are? If you want to do taxation for American interests, then you must have a hella of a client list if you want premiere clients as opposed to rotting disgruntled Americans starting out.

Look, you are still in College. You need to be thinking how these crucial years will get you the most possible return. I hope you are not getting into debt in ed loans as thats a sucky way to spend your 20s.

The conventional wisdom is to start a business. But you don't have capital right? So if I were you, get something extremely marketable and get interned quick. Then you work minimum 6 years and have approx 60k saved up.

From there evaluate. I know 6 years is a lot, but if you set yourself up, then you will save yourself a lot of hassel later on.
he can maybe work in something relating to hospitality but with some input from finance.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
Posts: 756
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil
Contact:

Post by skateboardstephen »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
mguy wrote:Don't do accounting, the payoff is too little. State side they pay you but squeeze the life out of you. Expect to be a sycophant just to make it as associate and even then you are still replaceable.

Abroad, why hire you when there are local candidates that are better versed at tax laws than you are? If you want to do taxation for American interests, then you must have a hella of a client list if you want premiere clients as opposed to rotting disgruntled Americans starting out.

Look, you are still in College. You need to be thinking how these crucial years will get you the most possible return. I hope you are not getting into debt in ed loans as thats a sucky way to spend your 20s.

The conventional wisdom is to start a business. But you don't have capital right? So if I were you, get something extremely marketable and get interned quick. Then you work minimum 6 years and have approx 60k saved up.

From there evaluate. I know 6 years is a lot, but if you set yourself up, then you will save yourself a lot of hassel later on.
he can maybe work in something relating to hospitality but with some input from finance.
As long as the country he is in is not xenophobic.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2708
Joined: April 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

+∞ Wow, you guys are really putting a zealous effort into helping dude out. See, I feel that men on this site more than ever need to come together (especially due to the advent of the "ladies'" forum). "I'm just sayin'", in a Tommy-Sotomayor voice.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rants and Raves”