Let's all try to re-focus on relevant topics for this forum

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Let's all try to re-focus on relevant topics for this forum

Post by zboy1 »

As I'm nearing the date I fly to China, I'm grateful for all the information I've gleaned over the years on HappierAbroad and the discussions I've participated in over the years. But, lately, I feel that the mission of the forum has taken a major detour into non-relevant topics and subjects.

I stress to other posters and newbies on this forum to concentrate on relevant topics to HappierAbroad. I understand the need to bitch and moan on this forum, as I used to do a-lot in the past--and I don't think those kind of topics should be censored or deleted in any way on this forum--but we do need more varieties of topics covered on HappierAbroad, and we need more people who have actually made the move overseas (like many previous posters on HA have done).

It has taken me years to get ready for my move overseas. Well, I know it's only for a year, but I hope I can parlay my experience in China into an opportunity to permanently make a move to Asia one day. I hope other HA'ers also think about getting out and exploring the world as well. It does no good to be on a forum about traveling abroad, when you just stay home and complain about things at home all day...

Please, also, let's try to get along with each other better on this forum. And please post race-related topics only on the Race section of HappierAbroad, so that people can avoid those threads if they want to. I won't be able to moderate the forum while in China, so maybe Winston should think about adding another moderator to the forum. I've emailed him before about this subject, but I get no response back from him. So I don't know how the forum will be run when I'm gone...

I also feel that Winston should be more strict in regards to moderating his forum, but he doesn't want to and gets upset when we do, including me and Repatriate in the past. He no longer allows moderators to delete threads or censor comments. I feel that his website could be much better run than it is now--if only he implemented some much needed changes to the forum, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Relevant topics? Like your posts about why the moon landings never happened? LOL
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Hero wrote:Relevant topics? Like your posts about why the moon landings never happened? LOL
You mean Winston? I never made a thread about that? But I'm not against talking about conspiracy theories or race-related topics once-in-a-while, but I do think we need more variety of topics to talk about on this forum, that's all.

Nothing wrong with talking about things that are not mainstream in society, but let it not take over the whole forum--is what I'm saying.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It would be nice to move all the non-relevant stuff into Winston's other forum.

This place isn't really an authority on moving abroad. People with visa questions hardly ever come here. And there are hardly any new members.

Winston needs to get active and start posting more stuff for people who want to quit their countries.

Anyway, good luck with your own move, and especially good luck in China. Well China was an interesting experience to say the least.

I've now been away for 6 months and don't really miss the UK at all. I've still got more money than when I left. Dating has been good but I've not found The One this time. Now I'm in Thailand I guess I'll have 3 girlfriends like so many others here.

The only major problem I have is that I seem to have Tropical Malaise from spending too much time in stupidly hot places.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:It would be nice to move all the non-relevant stuff into Winston's other forum.

This place isn't really an authority on moving abroad. People with visa questions hardly ever come here. And there are hardly any new members.

Winston needs to get active and start posting more stuff for people who want to quit their countries.
I posted something similar - thought it was lost - just a different thread - here it is:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Yes, but I call for a division of labor and peaceful coexistence between the social critics, such as Cornfed, and the motivators, such as House. Cornfed can be vitiolic, and his world view makes you want to kill yourself, but he is an extremely astute observer of the deformities in one institution after another. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Don't try to marginalize Cornfed.
I agree completely.

Should this forum be split?

HappierAbroad.com (OR GoingAbroad.com)
vs
WhyWeLeft.com (OR WhyILeft.com)