Why do young people listen to BAD music and get tattoos?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Thehigherone
Freshman Poster

Post by Thehigherone »

you see i listen to music nowadays its ok,but i hate everything about the 70s 80s 90s all that crap,society gets better and better. in the 70s 80s 90s crap, all they have is trash and people like it because its bold and trashy, for example watch the movies in 70s 80s 90s,ok? now watch mission impossible:ghost protocol, you see the difference??that is why i hate it 70s 80s 90s i hate everything about it, people like you don see the **** difference,thats why you people have a horrible taste.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thehigherone wrote:you see i listen to music nowadays its ok,but i hate everything about the 70s 80s 90s all that crap,society gets better and better. in the 70s 80s 90s crap, all they have is trash and people like it because its bold and trashy, for example watch the movies in 70s 80s 90s,ok? now watch mission impossible:ghost protocol, you see the difference??that is why i hate it 70s 80s 90s i hate everything about it, people like you don see the **** difference,thats why you people have a horrible taste.
Excuse me, but you are totally upside down. Are you serious? Why is the trash today in movies and music better than in the past? Can you elaborate?

You think CGI is everything and makes a great movie by itself? You don't care about good characters that you feel a connection with and feel an emotional attachment with? You prefer hollow characters with pretty faces, a tough uncaring kick ass attitude, a fearless risk taking attitude, and no warmth or soul?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
blueeyescanada
Freshman Poster

Post by blueeyescanada »

I'm in my 40s and I love Icona Pop and I don't care, I love it!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
Thehigherone wrote:you see i listen to music nowadays its ok,but i hate everything about the 70s 80s 90s all that crap,society gets better and better. in the 70s 80s 90s crap, all they have is trash and people like it because its bold and trashy, for example watch the movies in 70s 80s 90s,ok? now watch mission impossible:ghost protocol, you see the difference??that is why i hate it 70s 80s 90s i hate everything about it, people like you don see the **** difference,thats why you people have a horrible taste.
Excuse me, but you are totally upside down. Are you serious? Why is the trash today in movies and music better than in the past? Can you elaborate?

You think CGI is everything and makes a great movie by itself? You don't care about good characters that you feel a connection with and feel an emotional attachment with? You prefer hollow characters with pretty faces, a tough uncaring kick a** attitude, a fearless risk taking attitude, and no warmth or soul?
Obvious troll is obvious Mr. Wu.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Rap is GOOD

Post by GenYguy »

Hmm...

Well I'm 21. I mostly like rap/hip hop. I like it because the beats are exciting and when I pay attention to the lyrics they are about sex, money or violence. All things that are real, raw and I can relate to. I might be brainwashed because I am obsessed with sex and money. That's the only purpose I see in my life. Rappers are almost like role models to me. I am atheist with no religion so I don't see a problem with these beliefs.

I listen to the underground rap too that isn't solely about sex, money and violence. I appreciate the underground movement too and the message they send, it's a good one. I guess I just like rap. Lil Wayne, Immortal Technique, ASAP Rocky, Rick Ross, Odd Future, Tyler the Creator, Chris Brown, Young Money, Tyga, Future, Nas, Mos Def... I dig them all. Oh and Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller, I love their shit. Sometimes I feel like an alien too because I like two polar opposite kinds of music. I listen mostly to the mainstream but I like the underground too.

I keep listening to this kind of music because I like it and I'm familiar with it. Maybe I like rap too because it always has a message. Even if the message is f***ing, I love it. I f***ing love it.

And I'm white.

I don't have tattoos but I don't think they are a bad thing.

I also don't drink or smoke or do drugs. I don't care about the people who do, I just don't want expensive habits.

I watched TV when I was much younger but not anymore, YouTube is my TV now. My entertainment is rants like this and let's plays of videogames that I like.

About your comment of this music inhibiting creativity, for me it's the opposite. I listen to rap and hip hop when I write, and I write for a living. I can write good creative pieces regardless of whether I'm listening to rap or symphony music.

I prefer rap because it has meaning to me, unlike the music with no lyrics (not that I don't enjoy that music too). When I write, I can tune out the lyrics in the mainstream rap and hip hop songs very easily, but it helps keep me on a one track mind EMOTIONALLY. I write because I want to get paid and make money, and live happier abroad so I can pursue my dream of being an international playboy. Therefore the emotional message of the music syncs well with my needs.

I wrote this post while listening to Eminem. :P

To each his own eh?

Also, I should add that I'm living with my parents still. Music that encourages making money is like soup for my soul. You sound pretty old from your post Winston... Older people like you generally have what they need already to survive. I'm in the process of making a life for myself. The modern rap and hip hop music is nourishment for that, for me at least. It encourages me to keep on going and start learning how to survive, no matter what. Because I have lived a very comfortable life with my parents so far.

People who have time for soul searching often have what they need to survive already. People who have to struggle to survive ain't got time for that nonsense, so they listen to rap because they can relate at the time they listen to it.

You know what they say, older people did "stupid" things too... But it might be precisely because of that, that they were young.

Oh, and I don't listen to the radio. For years I've been getting all my music on Pandora, no ads now too.
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

Post by KeepinItForeign »

I have the exact same sentiments Winston.Sometimes I think I'm an alien on this planet,just the way I vibe with some of these knuckleheads,it's like we don't click,especially the younger generation.It's like they are on another frequency or something.Like a few years ago I was hanging out with this young dude,and just listenin to music in my car.Anyway i popped in some 70's soul music like "The moments" and "The Stylistics" and my friend just gave me a weird look,and looked at his girlfriend with disgust at what he was listening to.It was like he was souless.When he popped in his music in the cd player,it was this new watered down Dubstep,which sounds horrible and will give you an anxiety attack if you have heard it before lol.Like you said there is something going on in the brains of people today,thinking this occultic iluminati music is cool and thinking having tattoos defines them.Even the girls are getting tattoos everywhere,which is unnattractive and disgusting to say the least.Welcome to the new generation.It's only going to get worse from here.Smh.
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f**k.-Immortal Technique
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

I don't get the popularity of alot of this newer music, either. I miss mostly 90s rock and alternative bands like Semisonic, Collective Soul, The Gin Blossoms, Matchbox 20 (Earlier stuff from the 90's to Early 2000's), Sting, The Cranberries, and so many others. I also like 80's music like Journey and Tears for Fears. From the 60's and 70's rock bands like the Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Guess Who, and The Beatles. There are so many bands from all those eras that I like. I would have to go through my music collection to list them all.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

KeepinItForeign wrote:...Even the girls are getting tattoos everywhere,which is unnattractive and disgusting to say the least.Welcome to the new generation.It's only going to get worse from here.Smh.
#Paraphrase ....and women shaving it bald for women's lib ("because it feels good" that way or "well I'm not going to change it. Bald it stays.").
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

Post by KeepinItForeign »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
KeepinItForeign wrote:...Even the girls are getting tattoos everywhere,which is unnattractive and disgusting to say the least.Welcome to the new generation.It's only going to get worse from here.Smh.
#Paraphrase ....and women shaving it bald for women's lib ("because it feels good" that way or "well I'm not going to change it. Bald it stays.").
LOL I hate that new style,if you can call it a style.Women think it looks cute,and even if you tell them it looks gross,they stay with it.I'm starting to think some of these chicks are undercover lesbos.
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f**k.-Immortal Technique