Americans are really judgmental, fake and out of touch...

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Americans are really judgmental, fake and out of touch...

Post by Temprano26 »

There are exceptions to this rule of course...some of the older people have lived long enough in this world to have evolved beyond being mean to others. I am going to school for massage therapy since January and recently I have found members of the medical community to be giving souls with no preconceived judgments. The problem is I cannot say that about most people in America.

Most of the time when I go out alone someone comes at me with their preconceived notions of who I am based on not very much at all except that I am alone or that I am writing in a journal. I write in a journal because this is the only way to deal with being alone. I stopped depending on friends to go out with me a long time ago because people cannot get off their lazy asses. They have not the slightest understanding of what it feels like to go out alone and feel ostracized and out of place. Once I was writing something and this woman said "oh you are writing in a journal. That is creepy". I was insulted and I could have stormed out of there but I stayed and it turns out she was a nicer person than that. What I never understood was why she felt she needed to put up such a façade. Who the hell was she trying to impress?

I have gone out to gay bars because I don't have preconceived notions of who they are. I approach them with an open mind and a blank slate and most of them appreciate that I can talk to them without a judgmental attitude. Sadly, there are those that have gone so far to the lesbian side of things that they cannot get away from their judgmental attitudes towards men. I cannot even go up and talk to them without them labeling me a "creeper". It is so pathetic that one man does a woman wrong and she carries that emotional baggage with her throughout her whole life. This applies no matter if a woman is straight or lesbian. It is just not fun at all to deal with these people.

The worst thing about American society is that most people establish their group of friends in high school and they never branch out. They stay in these cliques and they talk about the most inconsequential nonsense that applies to nobody but them. They don't even acknowledge that other people exist outside of their narrow social circle. A long time ago I told a friend that I was feeling alone as hell. She just assumed that because there are people around I have no reason to be lonely and depressed as I was. It never registered with her that I felt alone and invisible in crowded places all of the damn time. American society almost had me convinced that there was something wrong with me. That is why I went to Costa Rica and met so many great human beings that saw everything that was great about me. They saw what was great about me because they didn't choose to ignore me like so many Americans do. Of course Americans have their preconceived notions about Costa Rica and they will be wrong about that too but I forgive them because it is hard to know anything when their heads are buried six feet under the sand.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Americans are really judgmental, fake and out of touch..

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Temprano26 wrote: The worst thing about American society is that most people establish their group of friends in high school and they never branch out. They stay in these cliques and they talk about the most inconsequential nonsense that applies to nobody but them. They don't even acknowledge that other people exist outside of their narrow social circle. A long time ago I told a friend that I was feeling alone as hell. She just assumed that because there are people around I have no reason to be lonely and depressed as I was. It never registered with her that I felt alone and invisible in crowded places all of the damn time. American society almost had me convinced that there was something wrong with me. That is why I went to Costa Rica and met so many great human beings that saw everything that was great about me. They saw what was great about me because they didn't choose to ignore me like so many Americans do. Of course Americans have their preconceived notions about Costa Rica and they will be wrong about that too but I forgive them because it is hard to know anything when their heads are buried six feet under the sand.
+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I saw this documentary a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's posted on here, but it mirrors what you said in your post. There is no title for what the documentary is called other then "Status Anxiety".

BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Post by BlueEverglades »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Temprano26 wrote: The worst thing about American society is that most people establish their group of friends in high school and they never branch out. They stay in these cliques and they talk about the most inconsequential nonsense that applies to nobody but them. They don't even acknowledge that other people exist outside of their narrow social circle. A long time ago I told a friend that I was feeling alone as hell. She just assumed that because there are people around I have no reason to be lonely and depressed as I was. It never registered with her that I felt alone and invisible in crowded places all of the damn time. American society almost had me convinced that there was something wrong with me. That is why I went to Costa Rica and met so many great human beings that saw everything that was great about me. They saw what was great about me because they didn't choose to ignore me like so many Americans do. Of course Americans have their preconceived notions about Costa Rica and they will be wrong about that too but I forgive them because it is hard to know anything when their heads are buried six feet under the sand.
+1
Yes they will make you believe it's you with the problem. Also evident in the internet when you type anti-american sentences in google, it usually returns nothing of value. Everyone around me looks like zombies or drones just hurrying to make more money. I feel disgusted everyday, if the whole of American society was a patient at a psychiatrist office he would be diagnosed with several mental diseases that would need immediate attention before he interacts with his neighbor countries..seriously
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Temprano26 wrote:
The worst thing about American society is that most people establish their group of friends in high school and they never branch out. .
Didn't do that. Hated HS & couldn't wait until it was over. Knew it was all fake then as it is now (at least here in 'most of' U.S.). American society doesn't get less fake was we age either, nor does it grow up. In fact, they seem to get more childish & petty as they age. If you give of yourself, they take it as you must want something. It couldn't possibly be you derive a better sense of self worth from doing things for people w/o assigning a monitary value to it.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

In2dadark wrote:
Temprano26 wrote:
The worst thing about American society is that most people establish their group of friends in high school and they never branch out. .
Didn't do that. Hated HS & couldn't wait until it was over. Knew it was all fake then as it is now (at least here in 'most of' U.S.). American society doesn't get less fake was we age either, nor does it grow up. In fact, they seem to get more childish & petty as they age. If you give of yourself, they take it as you must want something. It couldn't possibly be you derive a better sense of self worth from doing things for people w/o assigning a monitary value to it.
Now I will have to agree with this. :-/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
October 15th, 2013, 10:19 am

Yes they will make you believe it's you with the problem. Also evident in the internet when you type anti-american sentences in google, it usually returns nothing of value. Everyone around me looks like zombies or drones just hurrying to make more money. I feel disgusted everyday, if the whole of American society was a patient at a psychiatrist office he would be diagnosed with several mental diseases that would need immediate attention before he interacts with his neighbor countries..seriously

Welcome to America! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Americans are really judgmental, fake and out of touch...

Post by kangarunner »

America started out as a nation of settlers, right the colonists...basically pirates. They stole the land from the Indians that were here already. So that's bad karma right there. But honestly, Americans are just opportunistic people who take and take and take. If this country had a shred of humanity, there would be a public healthcare system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: Americans are really judgmental, fake and out of touch...

Post by Spencer »

If you want see discus on how sooooo bad and horible is usa go back archive to 2009 2010 for read to self

you talk about old news bla bla bla like winer when beter just look on happy abord how great new country x is for full of hoty women and everlasting wine and song same shanrila

this is happy abord not misrable in merica...newbie
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen