Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Basic Theme       Prosilver Theme

Chinese Culture Road Block 2

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Chinese Culture Road Block 2

Post by RedMenace »

This one is funny. She offers to help me by paying for half my plane ticket. I accepted. Today she says I am "无耻" or shameless for "asking" her for money when she offered to help me in the first place. Hahaha. This is why I have been reluctant to accept the help of others let alone ask for one. Apparently in Chinese culture you should not accept financial help from others because its shameless. I am not mad because this is an invaluable insight I have gained concerning relationships and money. Never discuss money with a female who isn't your wife. In the west its perfectly normal to accept help of any kind from others. Come to think of it, Chinese people are notorious for faking things. I guess it's also shameless to admit mistakes in China. :lol: No matter what others may say, money is all that matters. I can now understand why rich guys in China tend to play around with multiple women. Money freaking poisons any relationship. I will not abandon ship just yet. Nobody is perfect and no relationship goes smoothly. There will always be roadblocks....
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

It almost sounds like you'd be better off dating a woman from somewhere else? Outside of this woman, is there anything you LIKE about China or it's people?

As foreigners traveling to the country of other people, we need to be willing to accept that their culture is different than ours, that they think differently, etc.. Expecting them to adopt our culture is like Mexican immigrant in the USA expecting us to become Mexico.

Traveling for me is about the entire experience. I appreciate some of the inconveniences and hardships as they teach me something. I doubt you are going to like China unless you go in with an open mind...
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

tre wrote:It almost sounds like you'd be better off dating a woman from somewhere else? Outside of this woman, is there anything you LIKE about China or it's people?

As foreigners traveling to the country of other people, we need to be willing to accept that their culture is different than ours, that they think differently, etc.. Expecting them to adopt our culture is like Mexican immigrant in the USA expecting us to become Mexico.

Traveling for me is about the entire experience. I appreciate some of the inconveniences and hardships as they teach me something. I doubt you are going to like China unless you go in with an open mind...
I will go there with an open mind. There will be much to see and learn.